4 go best perks

butterflycruise

It's available on two cruises I am looking at. Just go to the X website and pretend book whatever cruise you are on. Once you choose a category it will be there (outside and above). For one of my cruises (7 day Caribbean) it raises the price by $375 Canadian. Not worth it IMHO.

:cool: I just read a review and they mentioned this. can anyone give me more info and price? Was it worth it? thanks

The perks are prepaid tips (roughly $150 for the week), unlimited internet/wifi for 2 ($250 or more), premium drinks pkg for 2 ($130 per DAY, you figure it out) and $300 OBC per cabin.

Yes, it's worth it. Now, if you don't drink any alcohol, soft drinks, juice, bottled water, smoothies or specialty coffees, you won't use the drinks pkg. If you don't use the wifi, that's no use to you.

We had the go best deal on the Reflection last year. Worth every penny to me. I have wine with dinner, bottled water, drinks after dinner, and at least 2 cappucinos a day, so they lose money on me. My husband's iphone set to use wifi meant he could check all the sports scores whenever he wanted, and I could check email/upload pics on my computer. And OBC and prepaid tips meant our final bill was a little smaller than it would have been.

We're going on the Equinox in Dec, and I booked the same thing.

Like I said, well worth it to me. Might not be for others.

We normally book sky suites. I like getting the Best package that come with suites. It just makes things easier. Our next Nov 2017 cruise is our last cruise we have booked in aqua class. I have a great price for the cabin with one perk. We took the drink package for a 14 night cruise. As we are elite plus with Celebrity I can get unlimited internet with a discount for both of us. I also plan on upgrading to premium drink package for both of us. We had the option on our last cruise to book a sky suite with all 4 perks or with no perks. The difference was $1000 USD pp for a 10 night cruise. I went with the perks.

If the cruise fare includes two perks it is advisable to take the drink pack and ship board credit for a 7 day cruise.

Use the ship board credit to pay the gratuities and upgrade to the premium drink pack if you feel that you need it. For the extra $45/day to get internet is crazy.

Even on longer cruises just take the two perks. If the gratuities come out it more than the SBC than select the gratuities. It doesn't make sense to pay more than $150 to get $150 in ship board credit.

Just do math. This has been discussed many times.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

If the cruise fare includes two perks it is advisable to take the drink pack and ship board credit for a 7 day cruise.

Use the ship board credit to pay the gratuities and upgrade to the premium drink pack if you feel that you need it. For the extra $45/day to get internet is crazy.

Even on longer cruises just take the two perks. If the gratuities come out it more than the SBC than select the gratuities. It doesn't make sense to pay more than $150 to get $150 in ship board credit.

Just do math. This has been discussed many times.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We're cruising with our kids next year in Alaska (they will be 20 & 18). We're taking Classic Drink and $300 OBC and giving them $300 OBC and WIFI. Too bad you can't double up on the OBC. In any case, the balcony promotion came with one free perk and the TA threw in one perk, so we really had no choice but to take them and compare price or the cruise as value against a similar Princess itinerary. Solstice came out far ahead.

At the time we booked, I found a deal with all four perks, including the premium drink pkg...on an OV cabin. When I called our TA, he was skeptical, but looked and it was available. For us, these perks, when added up, made it a great deal. Even better was the fact that a couple of months later, we found that the price of a verandah cabin was the same as the OV, and managed to upgrade for $29, while keeping our four perks. We are happy campers, since we would have paid for a drink pkg, but not the premium, which we got with this deal. Premium package makes it easier not to have to check to see if what we want is included in the package. We loved out tips being paid, love the free internet and the OBC will be make our final bill a lot easier.

The perks are prepaid tips (roughly $150 for the week), unlimited internet/wifi for 2 ($250 or more), premium drinks pkg for 2 ($130 per DAY, you figure it out) and $300 OBC per cabin.

I just made final payment and spent $315 each to get the Go Best promotion. We need internet, getting $150 each OBC, drinks package (that in itself is worth it to us) and paid gratuities, absolute no brainer.

The way celebrity markets their cruises now you can either go the perk route or the non-park route. To get the 'non-perk' rate they have to be offering discounts you qualify for for your sailing. So if they are offering a senior rate or residency rate, etc.

Assuming you do the perk rate. They offer 'go big' - one perk- at price 1, 'go bigger' - two perks- at price 2, and 'go best' which includes 4 perks plus an upgrade from the classic to premium drink package. Sometimes 'go bigger' is included for free.

The cost varies and if it's worth it depends on that. We are on a 12 night sailing. Cost breakdown is pretty easy. We chose the classic bev package as our go big perk. Prepaid grats is worth $13.50 pd, so $162. Upgrade to premium bev package is $11.80 pd, so $141.60. Each person gets $150 OBC, and then the internet. So cash value is $453 plus internet for our sailing pp.

When we initially booked we considered doing go best because it cost $410 pp, and we felt like that was a decent value. But we got a sale rate and decided against it. Now it costs $540 for our sailing and to me that's not worth it. That's paying full value for everything plus valuing the internet at $90 a person. We never purchase internet and prob won't spend $150 pp on board. So we would rather just save the money and purchase the upgrades we want individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the Equinox for this Sept (our 1st with Celebrity) with the no perk/resident fare but got an exceptional price for an Aqua cabin. Do we still have the option to purchase/add the go big or go best package before final payment?

We have opted for full Go!Best on two Summit cruises--all 4 perks and we loved it. I do not crunch numbers all that much when booking a cruise because I am more about service and luxury (we book suites). We do take advantage of the premium beverage package--a drink or two before dinner, wine, port after dinner, espressos and capuccinos at Cafe al Bacio, lots of water, etc., not to mention that the premium level includes higher-shelf JW Black and Grey Goose. Definitely worth it for us.

We adore the convenience of being able to order any of the above at virtually any venue on the ship (including the Martini Bar) and never have to sign checks.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Neil

We have opted for full Go!Best on two Summit cruises--all 4 perks and we loved it. I do not crunch numbers all that much when booking a cruise because I am more about service and luxury (we book suites). We do take advantage of the premium beverage package--a drink or two before dinner, wine, port after dinner, espressos and capuccinos at Cafe al Bacio, lots of water, etc., not to mention that the premium level includes higher-shelf JW Black and Grey Goose. Definitely worth it for us.

We adore the convenience of being able to order any of the above at virtually any venue on the ship (including the Martini Bar) and never have to sign checks.

Neil

Ditto .... and double ditto.

I signed up for the premium beverage package and sail next week......does your post mean I can get bottled water whenever/wherever my mood strikes me onboard? I'm a big water drinker :-$

Yes, except from Room Service.

I signed up for the premium beverage package and sail next week......does your post mean I can get bottled water whenever/wherever my mood strikes me onboard? I'm a big water drinker :-$

Yes, you are entitled to Evian (or the classic packagewater if you prefer that) and Pellegrino (small and large bottles) and Perrier. Sparkling water is one of the many reasons I upgrade. Additionally you get Vitamin water .

Neil

Well, go best is included automatically with suites so don't need to decide. But for us non-suite passengers; it is worth crunching the numbers. For the $540 it would cost me to 'go best' I can upgrade to the premium drink package and prepay my gratuities and still have $250 pp leftover for on board spending, port spending, etc.

Also to another poster - minibar and room service drinks aren't included in the beverage plans.