Seafood Shack - Real Lobster?

mosiegirl

I saw someones photos of the lobster rolls they got from the Seafood Shack..and it did not look like real lobster meat.

I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada.. home of the most fantastic lobster rolls .. East Coast Atlantic Canada's finest !!

The photos I saw from the Seafood Shack did not look like real lobster? I mean.. the lobster meat seemed too 'white' ... where real lobster is like a slight off-white with some orangey/reddish tints here and there..

Has anyone had the lobster rolls? Is it real lobster or that fake lobster stuff you can buy at the grocery stores? When I cruise on the Conquest this coming September, I don't want to pay $12 for fake lobster.

It doesn't make a difference about what type of lobster they use because there is very little lobster and mostly mayonnaise in those rolls!

I had one on the Triumph and will never get it again!

IF you love mayo then get the lobster roll.

IF you love lobster, don't bother!

It doesn't make a difference about what type of lobster they use because there is very little lobster and mostly mayonnaise in those rolls!

Actually, you can get the lobster roll the Maine way with butter. Not sure what you were expecting, but ours and plenty of meat (and it was lobster).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw someones photos of the lobster rolls they got from the Seafood Shack..and it did not look like real lobster meat.

I live in Prince Edward Island, Canada.. home of the most fantastic lobster rolls .. East Coast Atlantic Canada's finest !!

The photos I saw from the Seafood Shack did not look like real lobster? I mean.. the lobster meat seemed too 'white' ... where real lobster is like a slight off-white with some orangey/reddish tints here and there..

Has anyone had the lobster rolls? Is it real lobster or that fake lobster stuff you can buy at the grocery stores? When I cruise on the Conquest this coming September, I don't want to pay $12 for fake lobster.

I have had the lobster roll from the Seafood Shack. The lobster I had was definitely real cold water lobster. I don't care for the taste of rock lobster, and can definitely tell the difference in taste. The lobster roll has cold water lobster and is delicious.

I have had the lobster roll from the Seafood Shack. The lobster I had was definitely real cold water lobster. I don't care for the taste of rock lobster, and can definitely tell the difference in taste. The lobster roll has cold water lobster and is delicious.

This was my experience on the Glory. Really good lobster that was in no way overdressed with mayo. There may be differences between ships as this looks to be made fresh.

Does the seafood shack cost extra. I will be going on the triumph in august and might check it out. What's the best thing to eat there?

Ok the seafood shack in on the Triumph, and yes it is an additional cost, how much I do not know that.

Definitely real lobster, but probably not the BEST choice lobster.

I had mine with butter, not mayo - you just have to order it that way.

I also thought the fried clam strips were yummy, but was not a fan of the clam chowder.

• 1 month later...

Is it just lobster and mayo? Or does it have other fillers as well i.e. onions, celery, that sort of thing? I ask because I am allergic to onions and don't want to be planning a budget on something I can even eat. Thank you in advance!

Is it just lobster and mayo? Or does it have other fillers as well i.e. onions, celery, that sort of thing? I ask because I am allergic to onions and don't want to be planning a budget on something I can even eat. Thank you in advance!

You can get it either way (mayo or hot butter). It was good ( not huge but not tiny either). I think the sea food shack is a good addition. Options are a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get it either way (mayo or hot butter). It was good ( not huge but not tiny either). I think the sea food shack is a good addition. Options are a good thing.

We enjoyed the seafood shack on Vista. Ordered my lobster with butter, not mayo, and very good. Loved the clam chowder!

Pat

We enjoyed the seafood shack on Vista. Ordered my lobster with butter, not mayo, and very good. Loved the clam chowder!

Pat

On a sea day we also got the king crab legs with cocktails near the pool. Frankly, the sea shack exceeded our expectations. We are currently on the Pride and we're commenting yesterday that it would have been a welcome addition.

Does the seafood shack cost extra. I will be going on the triumph in august and might check it out. What's the best thing to eat there?

Here is a photo with prices. Some items are "market price" which fluctuates. The lobster roll with butter is the best IMO. You can get the lobster roll with either mayo or butter.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/carnival-vista-seafood-shack-menu/

Have a great cruise on Triumph.

On a sea day we also got the king crab legs with cocktails near the pool. Frankly, the sea shack exceeded our expectations. We are currently on the Pride and we're commenting yesterday that it would have been a welcome addition.

How much were the crab legs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How much were the crab legs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I honestly don't remember. They were pricey, there was about 10 of us and we chipped in cash and someone else picked up the tab.

I had the booster rolls on the Vista when I was onboard last year, they are delicious and defiantly real lobster meat (not Canadian or American East Coast lobster but it is real meat)!! :D I'm from Canada as well (I live in Burlington, Ontario) and have been to the East Coast many times (including the end of June/beginning of July this year, we were in NB for week and then went to Charlottetown for Canada Day and a couple days after) so I know exactly what your lobster is like. The lobster rolls on the Vista were just as good IMO and I'm very excited to have them again on the Horizon next year!! :D

Just curious as to the answer from post #15 concerning fillers ( onions or celery) that was asked.

I don't care for either of those either.

Can anyone verify if the lobster rolls have them?

I ordered the roll with butter instead of mayo and it was just meat no filler. It was pretty good so Maine lobster or spiney lobster it didn't matter. Plus $12 for a whole roll plus fries is really cheap. I pay almost double for a half and fries.