Sea Pass Card Ink...another cost reduction?

Just looked at our sea pass cards which were from our Adventure of the Seas cruise a little over a week ago. The ink is worn off of both cards in many spots. The sail date is almost gone on one, the tier designation on the bottom is completely missing on both. Last name missing from one, ship name missing on the other and assorted smudges. I have NEVER seen this happen in the past. Anyone else seeing anything similar?

I would think it would be a problem if the sail date was missing... :')

Just looked at our sea pass cards which were from our Adventure of the Seas cruise a little over a week ago. The ink is worn off of both cards in many spots. The sail date is almost gone on one, the tier designation on the bottom is completely missing on both. Last name missing from one, ship name missing on the other and assorted smudges. I have NEVER seen this happen in the past. Anyone else seeing anything similar?

Many years ago, we discovered that our suntan lotion was a solvent for the seapass card.

Many years ago, we discovered that our suntan lotion was a solvent for the seapass card.

Same here, we destroyed the face of one of our cards by touching it when we had suntan lotion on our hands.

You just reminded me, mine has been in my wallet since getting back 5/5. It still looks fine.

And the problem is ??? They only need the mag stripe [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

True, while the magnetic strip or chip will allow you to charge, guest relations gets very picky. I went to guest relations to complain about our leaking sprinkler and the rep replaced my sea pass card because the printing was almost gone. She said that I would have had a hard time getting back on the ship the next day in Cozumel if I hadn't had it replaced.

Assuming that you don't count the visual inspections you get when you return to the ship- from being allowed to re-enter the port area, to the guy standing outside of the ship....

Yeah try getting threw port security with a blank card. Just a headache that can be avoided. Besides I collect the cards, 30 yrs worth, about 50 cards...

Yeah try getting threw port security with a blank card. Just a headache that can be avoided. Besides I collect the cards, 30 yrs worth, about 50 cards...

Same here, and they are all in very good condition.

It's good to know that something we put on our skin doubles as an ink remover!

Not just put on your skin, that spray stuff goes everywhere. Please go to the smoking section on deck and apply that stuff. I don't really want to breath it. I can't imagine breathing it is healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's not just suntan lotion that removes it, but the anti-bacterial gel does also. The alcohol it's made with is great at dissolving ink. I always grab the corner when I have been forced to use that gel. DH's card has had the ink come off because he's not as careful as I am.