Solarium- Liberty of the Seas

Hi all, have not yet been on Freedom class ship but will be going on Liberty for our honeymoon in October. My last several cruises have been on Oasis and obviously the Solarium is structured differently.

Can anyone give me more info on the Solarium for Liberty? Is it truly adults-only? I know about the cantilevered whirlpools but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Hi all, have not yet been on Freedom class ship but will be going on Liberty for our honeymoon in October. My last several cruises have been on Oasis and obviously the Solarium is structured differently.

Can anyone give me more info on the Solarium for Liberty? Is it truly adults-only? I know about the cantilevered whirlpools but that's the extent of my knowledge.

The Solarium on Liberty is for ages 16 and up. While there are some shaded areas on the sides, the center area open to the outside and cannot be covered. No food venue in the Voyager/Freedom solariums.

Yes is adults only- over 16. There are two whirlpools that are cantalivered, one regular pool in the middle. There is also a bar there and restrooms. The roof stays open all the time, no option to close it. There are " porch swings" too on each side. Hopefully quiet most of the time.

The Solarium on Liberty is for ages 16 and up. While there are some shaded areas on the sides, the center area open to the outside and cannot be covered. No food venue in the Voyager/Freedom solariums.

Gotcha, so you can still get some sun in there? I feel like I remember the Solarium on Rhapsody/Vision (when I was 10-11 years old) was fully closed so you couldn't get a tan inside but it was so long ago. I like the option of some shade, some sun. Husband and I are childfree so appreciate a quieter venue.

I have several photographs of the Solarium and other parts of the Liberty of the Seas in my review. Here is a link to my review ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2364155

We spent most of the day, every day, in the solarium. Specifically, at the stools under the bridge in the pool. It was a perfect place to sit and meet new people, make friends, and relax. The stools are at a bar/counter that you can set your drink on, too. It was my favorite place on the whole ship.

If eddy is still working at the solarium pool bar hit him up. He's a great bartender and very fast. Chairs fill up quickly on sea days there but it's very quiet compared to the main pool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

Solarium on liberty is a great space. Love it. Unless someone decides to play their own music in this nice peaceful place. That would be very rude and annoying. Just imagine if we all brought our own music and external speakers.

I have spent many hours the past few years under that bridge, I bring a small speaker and play some good cruise music and everyone enjoys the good times. Great way to meet a lot of people.

How do you know “everyone enjoys it?” I would find it highly annoying especially if I were trying to read a book which is what I do in the solarium. Make noise by the pool.

How do you know “everyone enjoys it?” I would find it highly annoying especially if I were trying to read a book which is what I do in the solarium. Make noise by the pool.

I always ask the people under the bridge if they mind and I have never experience someone reading a book in the pool, those people are in the loungers and they are too far away to hear anything. The pool is 7 feet deep, I would be hard to tread water and hold a book. We have tested and you only hear the music under the bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Solarium on liberty is a great space. Love it. Unless someone decides to play their own music in this nice peaceful place. That would be very rude and annoying. Just imagine if we all brought our own music and external speakers.

To each their own, I’m very considerate. If you every cruise the same time I do I will not annoy you, just let me know and I will turn it off, but the bartender on the liberty has his own speaker playing music far louder then mine by the lounge chairs. But in the afternoon the solarium pool is not a peaceful oasis like it is in the morning. It’s good conversations and adult libations.

Sent from my iPad using Forums