Who Wants An Upsell?

Jeter02

I disagree about a balcony being a necessity on Alaskan cruises. Much of the time, it's too cold to enjoy it. We were fortunate to receive an upgrade from an obstructed view guarantee to a cabin with a balcony on our last Alaskan cruise. It was great since we were at the bow of the ship and had a view of the glaciers even when the captain turned the ship to give each side a view. But if we had had one of the balcony cabins on the side or at the aft, we would have missed out on the view much of the time.

We enjoy having a balcony more on warm cruises. We enjoy breakfast on the balcony, drinks before dinner, and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

I disagree about a balcony being a necessity on Alaskan cruises. Much of the time, it's too cold to enjoy it. We were fortunate to receive an upgrade from an obstructed view guarantee to a cabin with a balcony on our last Alaskan cruise. It was great since we were at the bow of the ship and had a view of the glaciers even when the captain turned the ship to give each side a view. But if we had had one of the balcony cabins on the side or at the aft, we would have missed out on the view much of the time.

We enjoy having a balcony more on warm cruises. We enjoy breakfast on the balcony, drinks before dinner, and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

View from a balcony on the side of the ship on an Alaska cruise. Having a balcony was worth it.

980A17081012MargerieGlacierviewedfromCabinC331DSC01428_zpsa9680c89.jpg

I do truly enjoy a balcony for AK cruising. In GB I'd be out on Promenade if the cabin was on the back side. Then when the ship turns I go back to the balcony order a pot of coffee from room service and enjoy. Just stepping out in the mornings and taking in the view is priceless.

framer

What a great view!!!! If I weren't travel solo, then the the additional cost for the balcony would not bother me. With paying for flights, double occupancy, and a bunch of fabulous shore excursions, this in the first time in my cry cruise history I have ever done anything smaller than a balcony cabin. I am blessed to live in Ft. Lauderdale, where the port is in my backyard, and I don't have to worry about all of these additional fees like flights. Its ok. I am just excited to be going to Alaska to enjiy the breath taking scenery.

View from a balcony on the side of the ship on an Alaska cruise. Having a balcony was worth it.

980A17081012MargerieGlacierviewedfromCabinC331DSC01428_zpsa9680c89.jpg

On Regal Princess touring the Baltic, we sai yes to an upsell offered three days before sailing. Went from a guaranteed interior,IF to a beautiful balcony for $229pp. Grabbed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's GREAT!!!! See that's a much better upsell offer then what I was offered. Congrats on going to a much larger room. Great Deal!!!!

On Regal Princess touring the Baltic, we sai yes to an upsell offered three days before sailing. Went from a guaranteed interior,IF to a beautiful balcony for $229pp. Grabbed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In the email received, It did mention the offer was for past passengers.

I have never had an up sell from any cruise line - is this for US customers only or frequent Princess cruisers?

This was the first one I have ever received before. I also just heard about upsells maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago on here.

I'm at Elite loyalty level but I've never had an upsell :( the upsell fairy needs to fly across the water .....

We have only sailed 7 times - all with Princess - but have received two free upgrades and three upsell offers. We took two of the upsell offers but turned down one as we had booked C752 and wanted that specific cabin. :)