Quick...need help w airport/flight question re Barcelona

You need to check your sailing to see when it gets in. Some at 6am, some at 8am. It depended on your itinerary. Most of the time I would say announc noon flight would work as there is less customs, by less I mean none. Easy to get a cab and go.

You need to check your sailing to see when it gets in. Some at 6am, some at 8am. It depended on your itinerary. Most of the time I would say announc noon flight would work as there is less customs, by less I mean none. Easy to get a cab and go.

You should not have problem!

I just now was able to access my cruise planner. I havent been able to all evening. We arrive in Barcelona at 6 am. Since its an international flight back to US, my DH is worried about the time.....

We are booking flight home from Barcelona. Will a 12:05 flight work? I read the airport is 30 min from port. When is disembarkation in Barcelona?

Thanks

If your scheduled arrival time is 8am or earlier, you should have no problem.

We are booking flight home from Barcelona. Will a 12:05 flight work? I read the airport is 30 min from port. When is disembarkation in Barcelona?

Thanks

I live in UK and have done quite a few Med cruises from Barcelona. What others on this thread have said is correct but I am more cautious as mishaps do happen including delayed arrival and disembarkation. Done enough cruises to have experienced all scenarios first hand.

My personal view is that it is too tight and I would go for a later flight. Apologies to everyone else on this thread who with good reason might disagree.

Disembarkation is likely to complete between 9:00 and 10:00 am. There is usually a long line for taxis outside of port so beware if you haven't pre-booked transfer.

Most likely you will get to the airport by 10:30 am if not before and this is why others have advised that it would be fine. However, any delay will cause you to miss your flight and for this reason, a later flight will cause less stress.

I live in UK and have done quite a few Med cruises from Barcelona. What others on this thread have said is correct but I am more cautious as mishaps do happen including delayed arrival and disembarkation. Done enough cruises to have experienced all scenarios first hand.

My personal view is that it is too tight and I would go for a later flight. Apologies to everyone else on this thread who with good reason might disagree.

Disembarkation is likely to complete between 9:00 and 10:00 am. There is usually a long line for taxis outside of port so beware if you haven't pre-booked transfer.

Most likely you will get to the airport by 10:30 am if not before and this is why others have advised that it would be fine. However, any delay will cause you to miss your flight and for this reason, a later flight will cause less stress.

Agreed! And if for no other reason....

Thanks

4 years ago we made 10:30 am flight. Waited for the RCL shuttle and still had plenty of time. You are ok with the noon flight.

Barcelona is very easy and a noon flight is absolutely no problem. We have even made an 8:45AM flight out of Barcelona with plenty of time to spare (self disembark at 6:30 AM and in the airport lounge by 7:15...)

-jani

If you are not familar with the airport in Barcelona leave some extra time to find your way around.We flew home after a cruise and had flights booked through Delta. Nobody told us that the Delta flights were handled by Air France and KLM, also had a problem that I don't speak Spanish. It all got worked out but had some nervous moments.

J.

We've cruised from Barcelona about six or seven times always done self assist with a 10.20am flight back to London.

Maybe we have been very lucky but never as yet had a problem.

Always off the ship by about 07.30am never a line for the taxis ( there are literally hundreds about waiting in an orderly line)

On a good day the journey to the airport is about twenty minutes but never been more than thirty minutes.

Hope this helps.

I hate to be the naysayer in the crowd but I'm wondering when you are traveling. We flew into BCN April 20th and had a 90 min passport delay. Just awful, nowhere to sit, no water fountain, no bathroom in sight. From talking with others on the cruise we were lucky, some had 2-3 hour passport delays. The problem is not just incoming, but outgoing too. Google it. I guess there were recent changes and they are understaffed...yada yada yada. Maybe it's improved by now.........

There is usually a long line for taxis outside of port so beware if you haven't pre-booked transfer.

This, exactly. We waited in a line for a cab for over 50 minutes in the hot Barcelona sun. Ugh.

I hate to be the naysayer in the crowd...

You're not. I don't think I would want to be booked for that flight either but that's just me. I would be more comfortable with an early afternoon flight.

Thanks

Ours is the same, we'll do just fine.

We're taking a risk on a 10:30 departure out of BCN with a planned 6:00am ship arrival. We'll self-disembark and pre-book a transfer just to be safe. I'm usually one for booking later flights and relaxing on the last morning, but I'm cashing in frequent flyer miles and my choices were therefore limited. I'm not too worried, as I figure if all goes according to plan we'll be off the ship by 6:30 and at the airport by 7:30...3 hours ahead of our flight. That gives us a couple of hours of leeway should something not go according to plan. Worst case, we need to shuffle return plans and spend an extra day in Barcelona. :D

I was a through BCN a couple of weeks ago and had heard many cautionary tales about passport control. We departed out of the D gates of Terminal 1 and had no wait. However, a colleague flew out the day before and had a 1 hour wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're taking a risk on a 10:30 departure out of BCN with a planned 6:00am ship arrival. We'll self-disembark and pre-book a transfer just to be safe. I'm usually one for booking later flights and relaxing on the last morning, but I'm cashing in frequent flyer miles and my choices were therefore limited. I'm not too worried, as I figure if all goes according to plan we'll be off the ship by 6:30 and at the airport by 7:30...3 hours ahead of our flight. That gives us a couple of hours of leeway should something not go according to plan. Worst case, we need to shuffle return plans and spend an extra day in Barcelona. :D

We decided not to chance a 10:50 flight so booked a half day tour of Girona being picked up at pier and dropped off at hotel for a last night in Barcelona. Less stress and one last bit of adventure.