Window Suites

LazyMary

Does anyone have any information on Window Suites ? We just booked one for our August 2017 cruise on the Grand Princess....This will be a first for us as we always get a suite with a balcony , but on our last two cruise to Alaska we were never able to use our balcony due to the cold weather.

Does anyone have any information on Window Suites ? We just booked one for our August 2017 cruise on the Grand Princess....This will be a first for us as we always get a suite with a balcony , but on our last two cruise to Alaska we were never able to use our balcony due to the cold weather.

I see that you posted this question last month.

In case you did not see the responses here is the link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2496036&highlight=window+suites

After seeing Thrak's videos, which really look great, I did some serious shopping on princess.com. These things look like they're hard to get. I'm looking at West Coast cruises, and so far I haven't found a single one of these window suites available. I guess I keep looking.

After seeing Thrak's videos, which really look great, I did some serious shopping on princess.com. These things look like they're hard to get. I'm looking at West Coast cruises, and so far I haven't found a single one of these window suites available. I guess I keep looking.

I love Window Suites. That said:

Only three ships have them. The Grand (San Francisco), The Golden (Australia), and the Caribbean Princess (Caribbean ports). Yes, they are very desirable and booked way out. Just look for cancellations. As far as expenses...About the same as a good Mini-suite but will all of the perks.

I do not miss the balcony. I am not an "outdoorsy" kind of person. Love the location.

They sell out quickly. The cool thing is that you get the space and the perks but the Window Suites are waaaaaaaay less expensive than the suites with balconies. They are more in line with mini-suite pricing. There are a lot of folks who would never book them due to the lack of a balcony but I'd be thrilled to have one.

One thing to be aware of is that the most forward Window Suite is smaller than the others.

We were on the Caribbean Princess -- Window suite.

Loved the suite and hidden location, and all the perks. BUT -- we were on a deck were early risers like to RUN. It was a big problem since it woke us up at 530-630 am every morning. We complained a lot and after 5 days - the staff finally dealt with it.

I'm trying to decide if I want to move my Alaska cruise up a week earlier to try one of these suites. Question for those who have been on cruisetours: would you rather have the connoisseur tour and a regular room (ours would be oceanview obstructed) or the regular tour with the window suite?

The Window suites are just 1 deck below the Promenade deck, so it is very easy to get outside. We loved the extra space and suite perks. It was the happiest my husband has ever been on a cruise!

We were up-sold to a window suite on The Grand a couple years back for a mere $199/pp. This was a 15 day Hawaii cruise out of SF. We loved the extra space and didn't have a problem with the lack of a balcony because crossing the Pacific Ocean is pretty much only sea days with only a total of 5 ports. As it turned out, that cruise was one where there was a minor fire that burned out the circuit boards and we ended up with 12 sea days. Having the extra space made all those added sea days a heck of a lot easier. We actually spent a lot of time in our cabin and even hosted a wine tasting party with our roll call because we had the extra space.

The location was easy and very quiet and we enjoyed the extra perks and breakfast in Sabatini's most mornings.

Strangely enough there were 3 available toward the end of final payment for that cruise. Perhaps people prefer to have a balcony on ships with a lot of sea days? But I do see where there are rarely available WSs now on the Grand.

We were able to pinch another one for our Calif. Coastal in October. It was a great sale being offered and the extra for the suite was too tempting to pass up. We did book it almost a year in advance, though. I'd recommend keeping an eye open for cancellations, perhaps right after final payment. Some people may be holding them and then cancel when they change their mind when final payment is due.

They sell out quickly. The cool thing is that you get the space and the perks but the Window Suites are waaaaaaaay less expensive than the suites with balconies. They are more in line with mini-suite pricing. There are a lot of folks who would never book them due to the lack of a balcony but I'd be thrilled to have one.

One thing to be aware of is that the most forward Window Suite is smaller than the others.

Thrak......that window forward suite may be smaller but when the door opens into the suite it is very private and you do not see the whole suite. Had that suite once on New England cruise and loved it, would book again (if the price was good) in a heart beat.

I'm definitely going to need to stalk these and snag one. Since we're Northern California-based and DH hates to fly, it's going to be the Grand. I like the Grand just fine, in fact one of my very favorite cabin types is on her. That's the premium ocean views on Lido, with the floor to ceiling window. Those are great, but the window suite looks even greater.

I would absolutely love to try one but I am too dang poor. I'm very lucky to be able to cruise at all.

Thrak ... I am trying one for the first time ever next spring. The price was only a few dollars more than the mini-suite and really wanted a taste of those suite benefits....just once! It came with a beverage package and a specialty dinner and I guess I will also be able to dine in Club Class. Yippie... I am pretty excited about my find. It is probably the last suite I will ever book as I am a bargain traveler and living on a retirement budget so this should prove to be one in a million for us.

For those wanting a WS ..... I booked an Alaska cruise on the Golden for July 7, 2018. (Anchorage to Vancouver. Doing a cruise tour before this cruise). I did this the day they came out on Dec 1, 2016. I was afraid they would go fast. It is now June and the only ones booked are mine and one other! (which was booked before I booked mine as it is the handicap room). Five more left. Hurry before they are gone :)

Suites are sooooooooooooooooooo very far beyond our budget. We are lucky we can cruise at all. I just checked pricing for a suite on our 2019 cruise. Over $26k per person. Really? For 14 days??

I know a lot of folks have a lot more money than we have (and strangely enough, while I am a wee bit jealous, I really have a real problem with that) but, for us, that is a freaking fortune. For those with the cash I say, "Enjoy your cruise and your suite!!!"

I thought spending $20k for the two of us in a balcony was totally crazy. More than twice that per person is a bit boggling to me. I grew up pretty dang poor. (Yes there are others who had it worse - I understand that - but, for most folks, we were in the bottom portion of income.) To my family cruising was only for bazillionaires, Imagine how surprised I am to be able to cruise.

We have only cruised 7 times so far and for three of those cruises we have booked the cheapest inside cabins. Thanks to free upgrades and upsell offers we have only sailed in an inside cabin once - on our first cruise. (How weird is that???) Not sure how that worked out but one of the free upgradxe was from the cheapest inside forward cabin to a handicapped accessible balcony on Caribe deck on Crown Princess. Holy Cow!

Hmmm.

Just noticed I am having "blather fingers" and this is a rambling and mostly pointless post. D'Oh! Anyway.... My wife and I would dearly love to try a Window Suite. I just don't think we will ever be able to do so. One problem we would have with any kind of suite is making it to breakfast for the suit benefit. We tend to sleep in too darn late when cruising. It would be a drag to have breakfast in Sabatini's as a perk and then sleep through it. :eek:

We always book a suite and have yet to enjoy the Suite breakfast in Sabatini's or The Crown Grill... we too like to sleep in and have room service....love eating breakfast in my p j s .....I'm on vacation :D

I'm definitely going to need to stalk these and snag one. Since we're Northern California-based and DH hates to fly, it's going to be the Grand. I like the Grand just fine, in fact one of my very favorite cabin types is on her. That's the premium ocean views on Lido, with the floor to ceiling window. Those are great, but the window suite looks even greater.

That is exactly the cabin we had originally booked because we loved the extra space and the floor to ceiling window. I even suspect that is why we were given the up-sell to the window suite because it wasn't a balcony yet the highest grade window cabin.

For those wanting a WS ..... I booked an Alaska cruise on the Golden for July 7, 2018. (Anchorage to Vancouver. Doing a cruise tour before this cruise). I did this the day they came out on Dec 1, 2016. I was afraid they would go fast. It is now June and the only ones booked are mine and one other! (which was booked before I booked mine as it is the handicap room). Five more left. Hurry before they are gone :)

Ha-Ha...I should join you....but alas, I am "waitlisted" for LA to Alaska to LA Window Suite on the Golden in September 2018. I placed my name on the wait list 6 months ago. I do enough flying during the year. Don't want another flight to Alaska or Vancouver.

We sailed in a window suite, F305, on the Caribbean princess this past February in the Caribbean. It was the first time we had ever sailed without a balcony. The big picture windows were nice, however we missed having a balcony as we use it. It would certainly be nice on a cold weather cruise. The price was right at the the time of booking, and glad we did get to sail in one, since there are so few of them and usually book up quickly. We would probably book one again if it was available.

Ha-Ha...I should join you....but alas, I am "waitlisted" for LA to Alaska to LA Window Suite on the Golden in September 2018. I placed my name on the wait list 6 months ago. I do enough flying during the year. Don't want another flight to Alaska or Vancouver.

Awwww... think about it. You would know for sure you were going. Of course your favorite cabin is already taken but there are plenty of others.... right now anyway :)

This post has photos of all three Window Suite layouts, the smaller suite F301, the accessible suite F315, and the other suites, F303, F305, F307, F309, and F311. These photos apply to the Grand WS as well. We have sailed in WS on the Golden and the Grand and have one booked for a 28 day LA to Sydney cruise in the fall of 2018.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754955&referrerid=469642

We book a window suite whenever we are on the Caribbean or Golden, F309 is our favorite. However, for an Alaska cruise I would definitely book a minisuite instead. We got some great pictures of otters floating on ice chunks, etc,. from our balcony.