Changing Cabins on B2B Cruise

fiftyguy

Hi

If my wife and I change cabins on a B2B cruise in Hawaii, how does that work in terms of luggage and getting off the ship? Do we have to take luggage or will the crew just move it from one cabin to another? I'm assuming we have to get off the ship, at least for an hour or two. Is this correct?

Thanks for any insight.

I'm pretty sure you do have to get off the ship (we were going on an excursion in Barcelona anyway--but got back on afterward very quickly via the "badge" NCL told us to wear), but just let your steward/ess know and luggage will be moved. You may want to get your new key before leaving the ship but know that your old cabin becomes inaccessible at that point.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Whether you need to get off the ship or not depends on the local laws. My understanding is that in the US the ship has to be cleared so you do need to do so.

I think that they often have a waiting area for people who don't want to go ashore.

As for your bags, the usual procedure is that they are moved by NCL staff. You pack them up and they will move them to your new room during the day.

Pack your bags but do NOT put them outside your door overnight or they will be offloaded. They will be moved by cabin staff but will NOT be accessible till cabins are again available as usual in the afternoon.

In the States the ship has to be "clean", that is no passengers on board, for a period so I imagine that will apply in Hawai'i. It even applies in Canada when then going through US custom and Immigration before sailing to the USA during a B2B.

If we are doing a B2B we tend to take an NCL tour to get round any hassles, well it decreases them!!!

Simply ask the question at Guest Relations for the procedure - - -

As others have noted:

A zero head count must be ascertained -

So everyone except the crew of course must log off the ship.

When you take your existing old cabin key card and swipe it you have left the building elvis -

When NCL permits re-board the ship with your new cabin key card.

You may get your new card at Guest Relations (Registration Desk) or off the ship where you

checked in like the first leg of the B2B - probably in a special area designed just for that.

Your luggage will be transferred by your old cabin steward to the new cabin. ***

*** remember to keep your medicines and valuables and the alike with you or locked in your

transferred luggage - As noted DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR

the night before disembarking and remind your CS that you are moving within the ship to new quarters ***

*** NCL may provide luggage tags for this - ASK ?

Any further questions - ask the NCL staff - it can't be complicated it is NCL after all !

Since this is happening inside the good ole USA there is NO Customs or other government clearance

hurdles flaming loops snake pits volcano Heiau's to pass muster - OH the muster term may still apply

to you before sailing off into the Hawaiian sunset but you may be exempted - ask ?

Now that you are out of breath and wonder what is next - take two drinkies with dem brelly things -

relax and enjoy the 2nd leg of your cruise !!!!!

B2b out of San Juan required the cruisers to sign out and hang out in Stardust Theatre until everyone was signed out and then we were the first ones to sign in for the second leg on the Gem. Of course there were people who did not follow directions, did not sign out, so the number did not hit zero until after 11AM.

We did a b2b on the Pearl out of Mia in 2015. NCL will leave instructions in your room of what to do about 3-4 days before you arrive at your port of disembarkation/embarkation.

Ours was a unique situation, because everyone had to disembark. NCL gave us new cards before we left the ship. Your steward will move your luggage for you.

On our other b2b, we had the option of staying on the ship, but had to sit in the theater to do so for about 45 mins. We didn't change cabins on that cruise, but we also chose to go ashore. When we got back to the ship, we had to go through the long line to get back on, unlike our Mia cruise. :(

It appears that most posters missed that the OP is doing a Hawaii B2B. The ship never leaves the United States, so I am "guessing" many rules are different.

Still, with that said, we have done this twice before but not in Hawaii. We worked towards doing as much as we could ourselves vs. some distant hope they would do it right. We contacted the steward for the NEW cabin the day before letting him know we were coming soon. He agreed to clean our "new" cabin first, or at least as soon as the other folks left. Then we moved the stuff on our own.

Just a thought.

Simply ask the question at Guest Relations for the procedure - - -

As others have noted:

A zero head count must be ascertained -

So everyone except the crew of course must log off the ship.

When you take your existing old cabin key card and swipe it you have left the building elvis -

When NCL permits re-board the ship with your new cabin key card.

You may get your new card at Guest Relations (Registration Desk) or off the ship where you

checked in like the first leg of the B2B - probably in a special area designed just for that.

Your luggage will be transferred by your old cabin steward to the new cabin. ***

*** remember to keep your medicines and valuables and the alike with you or locked in your

transferred luggage - As noted DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LUGGAGE OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR

the night before disembarking and remind your CS that you are moving within the ship to new quarters ***

*** NCL may provide luggage tags for this - ASK ?

Any further questions - ask the NCL staff - it can't be complicated it is NCL after all !

Since this is happening inside the good ole USA there is NO Customs or other government clearance

hurdles flaming loops snake pits volcano Heiau's to pass muster - OH the muster term may still apply

to you before sailing off into the Hawaiian sunset but you may be exempted - ask ?

Now that you are out of breath and wonder what is next - take two drinkies with dem brelly things -

relax and enjoy the 2nd leg of your cruise !!!!!

Thank you all for the info. I like having some idea what to do but I'll probably work with ship staff to iron out all the details.

We coordinated with our cabin steward about the move, gave him $20, packed our bags (no hanging clothes) and it was done when we returned from our excursion.

The day before, we had been provided with our new key card.