Diamond + - Concierge Lounge

If the lounge was on a higher deck and had Windows with outside views it would be great but where it is is depressing which is a shame because the snacks and wait staff were outstanding.

I agree, sort of. I prefer a view. However, I rarely look out the window if we are having a good conversation with someone. I think the point of the venue is socialization and not viewing of a passing seagull.

Thanks to all for the tips about the Radiance. I think I can stumble from the DL thru the Vortex (Viking Crown Lounge) order a drink with my 3 drinks loaded on my seapass, then stumble further on to the Concierge Club for another free drink, and I will somehow manage.:halo: Sounds delightful. I like the ships with DL in VCL with a view.

My upcoming Symphony cruise next year we will be trapped in the darkened room without access to the Suite Lounge because we are not Pinnacle. Somehow I feel we will most likely be moved to another windowless lounge because it will be the first transatlantic on the Symphony, and I think there will be more Diamonds than a stick could be shaken at.:eek: On the upside they won't easily be able to stumble between three free watering holes only feet apart like I will on the Radiance....:cool:

JC

I agree, sort of. I prefer a view. However, I rarely look out the window if we are having a good conversation with someone. I think the point of the venue is socialization and not viewing of a passing seagull.

Thanks to all for the tips about the Radiance. I think I can stumble from the DL thru the Vortex (Viking Crown Lounge) order a drink with my 3 drinks loaded on my seapass, then stumble further on to the Concierge Club for another free drink, and I will somehow manage.:halo: Sounds delightful. I like the ships with DL in VCL with a view.

My upcoming Symphony cruise next year we will be trapped in the darkened room without access to the Suite Lounge because we are not Pinnacle. Somehow I feel we will most likely be moved to another windowless lounge because it will be the first transatlantic on the Symphony, and I think there will be more Diamonds than a stick could be shaken at.:eek: On the upside they won't easily be able to stumble between three free watering holes only feet apart like I will on the Radiance....:cool:

JC

If they Persist in giving us these windowless lounges why not do what they do in some of those inside cabins that have the make believe outside view superimposed on the wall.

I was on the Serenade TA just a little over a month ago and here was our situation and the explanation:

On many cruises AND ESPECIALLY Transatlantics, There are way too many Diamond Plus cruisers. So, if there are too many D+ folks, they close the concierge lounge to them for that cruise and the D+ must use the Diamond lounge (there were lots and lots of Diamond members too) As long as the higher level loyalty groups aren't too large the Concierge lounge is available. Each cruise will be different and decided on when they have the numbers. At least this is what a group of us were told. A friend, who was less than a week from Pinnacle also could not use the concierge lounge for the entire 16 day cruise. It was a huge disappointment for many of us but we were led to believe that this will be a more common occurrence as the upper levels grow in numbers. I have heard that another level may be added/ in the making. We'll see. I'm 350 but that is a long way from Pinnacle.

Hope this clears it up a bit. Don't count on using the Concierge lounge if it is a popular cruise or ship for loyalty cruisers.

JC

We love looking out of the window it is one of the pleasures of being at sea.

So go use your vouchers at the bar of your choice.

As Diamond+ members we have earned our seats in the DL and CL thank you very much and many of the Diamond lounges have had great views but the Oasis class not only put you in a featureless room they also don't let you in the SL.

As Diamond+ members we have earned our seats in the DL and CL thank you very much and many of the Diamond lounges have had great views but the Oasis class not only put you in a featureless room they also don't let you in the SL.

No guarantees you'll ever get a seat in any lounge.

FWIW, that great bar in the Radiance Class CL only has 8 seats. And in my experience, the same folks are there every night. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It's not a terrible room. It's a lovely, beautifully furnished lounge.

Lovely furnishings aside, they missed a great opportunity for those panoramic sea view windows. Splendid views of the sea gliding past while enjoying an evening cocktail are some of my favorite moments of relaxation.

There are many many many complaints here on Cruise Critic and on other social media sites complaining about areas that are reserved or cut off because of "upper tier C&A members."

I can hardly fault RC for having very nice lounges that just HAPPEN not to have ocean views so that the areas that DO have ocean views are available to EVERYONE who has paid for a cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship.

Really, don't you all have something better to complain about than not having a fabulous view while enjoying those unlimited free drinks in a dedicated Diamond or Concierge Lounge???????

I can hardly fault RC for having very nice lounges that just HAPPEN not to have ocean views so that the areas that DO have ocean views are available to EVERYONE who has paid for a cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship.

<cough> Viking Crown Lounge <cough>

Wouldn't the Diamond Lounge be nicer if it did have those panoramic ocean view windows?

There are many many many complaints here on Cruise Critic and on other social media sites complaining about areas that are reserved or cut off because of "upper tier C&A members."

Really, don't you all have something better to complain about than not having a fabulous view while enjoying those unlimited free drinks in a dedicated Diamond or Concierge Lounge???????

I liked Freedom's CL. It was like what I imagine a private club would be like. It's not loud like the DL. And better seating.

FWIW, that great bar in the Radiance Class CL only has 8 seats. And in my experience, the same folks are there every night. [emoji33]

I will defer to your superior knowledge. The last time I was on the Radiance was 2001... and none of this diamond, pineapple stuff was known then. I do remember having a cocktail the VCL... I paid for it. I will enjoy annoying those 8 people at least a couple of times while we are in Alaska late next summer.

JC

Never been on Radiance, but back in the day Brilliance used to have a tiny Concierge Lounge. I think it's a 2 bedroom suite now

It was a tiny lounge on deck 10 with no outside views.We were in a GS and first CL we had been in.

There was a great group of people in the lounge.

Thats true but the times we have gone in we have always been lucky and got a seat and never done a TA which seem to have a lot of top C&A members on.

Lovely furnishings aside, they missed a great opportunity for those panoramic sea view windows. Splendid views of the sea gliding past while enjoying an evening cocktail are some of my favorite moments of relaxation.

Our thoughts too.

We have been loyal to RC and it is nice when loyalty is rewarded.

<cough> Viking Crown Lounge <cough>

Wouldn't the Diamond Lounge be nicer if it did have those panoramic ocean view windows?

Exactly it shows they care for their most loyal customers and the fact all the seats next to the windows in the lounge are the most popular shows most people share our views.

I liked Freedom's CL. It was like what I imagine a private club would be like. It's not loud like the DL. And better seating.

Yes nice leather seats,small lounge we called in 4 minutes before opening just for some hot chocolate satchets and paper cups and spotted the snacks which were not covered so my wife was going to get a plate for a couple of chocolate strawberries and the waiter told us to wait until it opened.We had the Premium drinks package so were not interested in a free drink in the lounge.

Poor PR so we walked out.

Later in the DL the concierge said once the food was oened up we could have helped ourselves even if it was 4 minutes early.

Yes nice leather seats,small lounge we called in 4 minutes before opening just for some hot chocolate satchets and paper cups and spotted the snacks which were not covered so my wife was going to get a plate for a couple of chocolate strawberries and the waiter told us to wait until it opened.We had the Premium drinks package so were not interested in a free drink in the lounge.

Poor PR so we walked out.

Later in the DL the concierge said once the food was oened up we could have helped ourselves even if it was 4 minutes early.

BTW when we walked in the lounge a family were walking out and they looked very miserable so maybe the Same thing happened to them.

This is a lounge for Suites and Pinnacle and Diamond+ certainly no special treatment here.

Never been on Radiance, but back in the day Brilliance used to have a tiny Concierge Lounge. I think it's a 2 bedroom suite now

Back in the day it (CL) was the same on Radiance too (it had windows but not much view from them and a tiny balcony that I'm not sure you could even go out on) it is a 2 bedrm suite now.

Also where there is an inside cabin #1053 right across from that was the Queen of Hearts...we sat there many evenings playing board games....My how things have changed.

Thanks for the memory jog.

Interesting chat. We're on Brilliance in late August and looking forward to comparing the CL & DL. Last year on Navigator they were SO different both in style and clientele.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was a tiny lounge on deck 10 with no outside views.We were in a GS and first CL we had been in.

There was a great group of people in the lounge.

I remember outside views on Serenade.

I remember outside views on Serenade.

This cruise was on Brilliance in February 2009 when we took mother in law for her 87th Birthday as father in law had recently passed away.

We enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries in the CL and kept several business cards from some great people,several of whom asked us to come to the state's to stay with them.