New Iphone 8 on September Sailings.

lovi_dovi

As already answered, it's highly unlikely that a store that may well sell two or three during a cruise would have stock of anything that hasn't even been released. Not to mention the regional nature of the product!

Anyway, who said there will even BE a new phone launched in September and even if there IS a launch, how do you know it'll be an iPhone 8? It could be a 7s or nothing at all! Just because traditionally, Apple launch new phones in September, there's nothing to say they have to.

Anyway, who said there will even BE a new phone launched in September and even if there IS a launch, how do you know it'll be an iPhone 8? It could be a 7s or nothing at all! Just because traditionally, Apple launch new phones in September, there's nothing to say they have to.

Someone is grumpy this morning! The only people in the industry and news media not referring to it as the iPhone 8 are employees of Apple... and you. As for the release date, the OP said "if the new iphone launches".

We bought a brand new ipad on last cruise...it was the latest and greatest that apple had at that time.

Well that's pretty unusual given my experience and the experience of others I've talked with. I don't know how you describe "latest and greatest." I was looking for an iPad Pro with lots of memory. They've been around for quite a while. Celebrity didn't have any of the high memory ones, only the 64GB models. Yes, the iPad Pro I purchased with my nonrefundable OBC was the latest version, but it was not the greatest.

Purchases on board have no sales tax. In some states that would save 8%.

20% V.A.T if you are from the UK.

I bought an iPad mini 3 in 2015, 128 GB and it cost me £380.

The Customs allowance was £390.

I wanted to use my OBC and I wanted access to it right away if it will be released while we are on board since they usually release in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once again, phones are NOT sold on board, only Wi- Fi iPads.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's a very limited selection in the Apple store and they will never have the latest and greatest.

I purchased an iPad mini on Equinox in 2015, not the latest, but the one prior at that time. However the guy in the Apple store did all he could to convince me to buy the latest version. They don't however, have a large inventory and it is best to shop early in your cruise while they have the largest inventory. I guess availability varies from ship to ship.

I purchased an iPad mini on Equinox in 2015, not the latest, but the one prior at that time. However the guy in the Apple store did all he could to convince me to buy the latest version. They don't however, have a large inventory and it is best to shop early in your cruise while they have the largest inventory. I guess availability varies from ship to ship.

I went to the Apple store as soon as it opened because I had also heard that they ran out of inventory. They still did not have what I wanted. And they didn't give me any internet minutes with my expensive purchase either.

I wanted to use my OBC and I wanted access to it right away if it will be released while we are on board since they usually release in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They usually announce in September but release lags. IOS is usually available after their September media event.

Well that's pretty unusual given my experience and the experience of others I've talked with. I don't know how you describe "latest and greatest." I was looking for an iPad Pro with lots of memory. They've been around for quite a while. Celebrity didn't have any of the high memory ones, only the 64GB models. Yes, the iPad Pro I purchased with my nonrefundable OBC was the latest version, but it was not the greatest.

We bought our on our Christmas 2016 cruise on Summit...It was a Ipad Pro, 9.7" and has 128GB.

Someone is grumpy this morning!"

Why would you say that? Because I'm stating fact?

For the record, not even slightly grumpy!

The only people in the industry and news media not referring to it as the iPhone 8 are employees of Apple... and you. As for the release date, the OP said "if the new iphone launches".

I'm well aware of what the OP stated. I have the ability to comprehend what is written!

Also, because everyone BUT Apple are referring to 'it' as the iPhone 8, that makes it fact, does it? It may turn out to be true, but at this point, I wouldn't be betting the farm on it!