Alcohol for stateroom

retird

Where, please, can one find it on the HAL website?

Just log in,. Choose my reservation and click purchase.

Once you do that you will see different options. Beverages is now a separate option on the upper table where travel planning, etc. Shows up.

It's under Cruise Activities.

Hope this helps :)

Just log in,. Choose my reservation and click purchase.

Once you do that you will see different options. Beverages is now a separate option on the upper table where travel planning, etc. Shows up.

It's under Cruise Activities.

Hope this helps :)

Appreciate it - thanks.

• 5 years later...

I'm commenting on this (very) old thread as I can't seem to find any mention anywhere of the old Indulgence packages where you could order a bottle of spirits, with mixers, for your room. It's a few years since we sailed on HAL, and we now have a cruise booked for just four weeks' time. I thought I'd go online and order a bottle of gin and some mixers to be waiting for us in our room, as we've done on our previous cruises, but there seems to be no opportunity of doing so. Is this fleet-wide, a change in HAL policy since our last cruise, or is it just for the Westerdam? Such a shame if they have done away with this very welcome option. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Under Cruise Activities -> Beverages -> Spirits Packages

BOMBAY ORIGINAL GIN & TONIC PACKAGE

Enjoy a bottle of Bombay Original and three cans of tonic water. Delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day for in-stateroom consumption only. Bottle size is 1 liter.

$112.10 includes the 18% gratuity.

• Like 1

On a slightly related topic, where do you pay for wine you want to bring on board?  Last time we did this on Holland, our two bottles were still "free."  I see now that there is a $20 per bottle corkage fee.  If we decide to bring a bottle or two with us, where does one pay the fee?   And is it the same on initial boarding as in each port?

We are not trying to sneak it on board.  We just didn't notice on our last cruise how or where one went about declaring the wine and paying and really do not want to be pulled aside and accused of smuggling.

16 hours ago, sue1898 said:

@Beejay4016, when I log into the HAL website and go to Manage Cruise/Cruise Activities/Beverages/Spirits Packages there are several choices with spirits and mixers.

Thank you so much. After reading your post I tried again and it is working perfectly. Must just have been a glitch yesterday. Phew, that's a relief; got to get the important stuff taken care of. 🙂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Enjoy a bottle of Bombay Original and three cans of tonic water. Delivered to your stateroom on embarkation day for in-stateroom consumption only. Bottle size is 1 liter.

Suzy, you're a mind reader. Mind you, perhaps those Pacific evenings may be a tad cool and a whisky or a rum might be better.

20 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I saw that - but as a gin drinker - why don't they inc 6 cans of tonic? I like a strong gin but do get more than 3 out of a 1 l bottle LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lissie said:

I saw that - but as a gin drinker - why don't they inc 6 cans of tonic? I like a strong gin but do get more than 3 out of a 1 l bottle LOL 

You can always get more from a bartender or your mini bar. You can get a couple of unopened cans during happy hour or if you are a 4* Mariner or above the mini bar sodas are $1.70

• Like 1

12 hours ago, richwmn said:

You can always get more from a bartender or your mini bar. You can get a couple of unopened cans during happy hour or if you are a 4* Mariner or above the mini bar sodas are $1.70

LOL I am a new to HAL no status. And on the Zaandam no minibar I think because I know there's not a fridge in the room? Or maybe I'm wrong.  Its the lack of fridge which means I probably won't bother buying a bottle for the room -my partner may buy a whisky 

On 3/28/2023 at 6:29 AM, badtwin said:

On a slightly related topic, where do you pay for wine you want to bring on board?  Last time we did this on Holland, our two bottles were still "free."  I see now that there is a $20 per bottle corkage fee.  If we decide to bring a bottle or two with us, where does one pay the fee?   And is it the same on initial boarding as in each port?

We are not trying to sneak it on board.  We just didn't notice on our last cruise how or where one went about declaring the wine and paying and really do not want to be pulled aside and accused of smuggling.

There is a place to pay just before you board the ship.  When we boarded in San Diego for the cruise to Sydney, a HAL crew member asked to see our visas for Australia near where the bottle check was.  This distracted us and we boarded without paying the corkage.  We weren't trying to sneak it on board, but just walked right by without noticing it.

The policy regarding bringing wine on board changed some time ago.  You are allowed a "reasonable quantity" to carry on with you at embarkation but no one really knows what reasonable means.  For a 7 day we brought 3 bottles onboard for each of our last 2 cruises, we find that sufficient for our needs, i.e. 1/2 bottle a night for 6 nights.  They have a table set up after you go through security to register the wine and you will see a $20 charge per bottle on your stateroom account.  Doesn't matter where you consume it.

• Like 1

Thank you. I wasn't planning on a lot - just a bottle of two if we found something that looked interesting without a lot of trouble in a port city.   I meant to scout this on our return to cruising in February but was too excited to be boarding a ship again and forgot.

• 2 months later...

We have not cruised with HAL for some years, but will be on board in May 2024. The spirit packages offered do not include my husband's preferred alcohol. Can we order a specific brand/bottle once on board. I apologize if this is answered elsewhere but I could not find a recent response.

On 3/27/2023 at 3:29 PM, badtwin said:

There is usually a beverage steward at embarkation who inventories and stickers your wine. The corkage gets charged the their bar. So, if you are bringing in a case of 12 bottles, you might see the corkage charge from the Pinnacle Bar or BB King. It depends on where it gets rung up.

Lest ye judge, a case for a 7 day cruise is a red & white most nights with a Champagne thrown in on formal/gala/dressy nights. If you are a party of 3 or 4, and you are having wine with your dinner courses, that's a pretty decent # of bottles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Funsun60 said:

will be on board in May 2024. The spirit packages offered do not include my husband's preferred alcohol. Can we order a specific brand/bottle once on board.

I do not know about buying a bottle of liquor on board. Wine, yes. However, you might want to peruse this list (subject to change of course, but a good idea) to see if he will find preferred brand at all!

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Beverage-Package-Contents.pdf

As to the immediate preceding post by @badtwin, bringing wine on board HAL has always been at original embarcation only, *unless* from a ship's excursion to a winery, when one bottle per adult can be brought back without corkage.

Liquor, even from an excursion, I believe must be surrendered to be held until the last night (for packing, not drinking!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned, the policy has recently been updated to reflect a "reasonable" amount per person vs the previous 1 bottle per person. Who knows what is considered "reasonable" but suspect one would find out when they're told to surrender some 🤔🤭