How many kids on the ship?

Travelbug1978

Am I able to call princess and find out how many kids will be on our Alaskan cruise on July 7th. Will they give me how many in each age group.

Yes, they will. You'll be placed on hold while they check with the pertinent department, but they'll be able to get you that information.

Am I able to call princess and find out how many kids will be on our Alaskan cruise on July 7th. Will they give me how many in each age group.

I can tell you that on one of our Alaskan cruises the first week of July, we had 550 kids onboard. On the others, maybe around 400ish, range of all ages. Many, many teens. Everyone always well behaved. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can tell you that on one of our Alaskan cruises the first week of July, we had 550 kids onboard. On the others, maybe around 400ish, range of all ages. Many, many teens. Everyone always well behaved. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Not sure how forthcoming they will be on that info. I'd expect them to say there will be kids on board, but probably not much more than that.

Thanks everyone. I did call and they gave me a break down or how many kids in each group. They are saying about 260 kids.

Really. I'm surprised they're willing to give out that info. the kids on our Regal trip were very well behaved. In all our cruising(since 2004)I cant really say I've seen any kids really misbehave. As to the adults, well....

we have been able to get this information easily on any cruise line we have wanted the info- Princess, HAL, DCL, Carnival. Have just called the main line and the agent places us on hold and comes back with the info or transfers the phone call. I don't call everytime- but after a few undesirable experiences of minimal kids on board - I like to prepare myself and the kids when it might be a itinerary with few kids- when they combine toddlers with older kids or teenagers with my then 6 year olds- we arrange our cruise days differently than usual and like to know ahead of time.

Really. I'm surprised they're willing to give out that info. the kids on our Regal trip were very well behaved. In all our cruising(since 2004)I cant really say I've seen any kids really misbehave. As to the adults, well....

On our Alaskan cruise last month there were children on board but we never saw them. What we did see of them they were well behaved. Everyone was well behaved, no drunks, or nasty attitudes. It was quite pleasant.

On our Alaskan cruise last month there were children on board but we never saw them. What we did see of them they were well behaved. Everyone was well behaved, no drunks, or nasty attitudes. It was quite pleasant.

Kids also don't run into you w their scooters or leave their scooters parked everywhere. They also tend not be be pool hogs. They also do not hog a table for hours at a time playing cards or canasta.

DON

Kids also don't run into you w their scooters or leave their scooters parked everywhere. They also tend not be be pool hogs. They also do not hog a table for hours at a time playing cards or canasta.

DON

Very true, but

They take over the pool yelling at the top of their lungs, run down the hallways at all hours of the night and knock people over just because their in a hurry. :mad:

We definitely avoid sailing with them whenever possible.

The cruise line is not giving out personal information as it is all anonymised data. Clearly there will be children on board and the numbers in each age group is not really contentious. This differs a lot from Princess Love Boat when you could spot an attractive lady passenger and simply ask Julie who would tell you that passengers name, cabin number and who she was travelling with.

Regards John

Very true, but

They take over the pool yelling at the top of their lungs, run down the hallways at all hours of the night and knock people over just because their in a hurry. :mad:

I presume your talking about old people here

The cruise line is not giving out personal information as it is all anonymised data. Clearly there will be children on board and the numbers in each age group is not really contentious. This differs a lot from Princess Love Boat when you could spot an attractive lady passenger and simply ask Julie who would tell you that passengers name, cabin number and who she was travelling with.

Regards John

This is true, I think Julie got in trouble for that under the data protection rules, if you notice in all the episodes of the Love Boat she is never allowed an iPad or access to a computer.

Very true, but

The Regal cruise we were on had the most kids we've ever seen while cruising. Cunard/Celebrity the least. I will say that on the Regal they were very well behaved. After seeing numerous videos on YouTube, like you I was somewhat concerned. Luckily they were fine. Sorry, but you'd never see us on Carnival/NCL, where I'd expect to see more issues with kids running amok & their parents who should be kicked off at the first port. I know I'll probably get "flamed", but I just think that lines such as Princess/Celebrity attract a more worldly mix of pax than some of the "basic" lines.

it does not need to be a party ship, I like cruising on a mixed age ship, and pick my cruise itinerary and time of year to reflect this

If Princess is for the oldest generation, I will not venture near HAL ;)

Carnival passengers: Do you remember where you were on 9/11?

Princess passengers: Do you remember where you were when JFK was shot?

HAL passengers: Do you remember what you had for lunch?

Not sure how forthcoming they will be on that info. I'd expect them to say there will be kids on board, but probably not much more than that.

They have been doing this for years. For some families planning their cruise it is very helpful.

Nothing secret about it.