Anthem of Seas

We loved the Anthem, beautiful and different ship. When you sailaway go up to the top deck, it's a great experience as you sail under the Verazzano (hope that's right) bridge. Also, if you like the iFly they will let you go in a few times as they have a standby line.

• 3 weeks later...
We loved the Anthem, beautiful and different ship. When you sailaway go up to the top deck, it's a great experience as you sail under the Verazzano (hope that's right) bridge. Also, if you like the iFly they will let you go in a few times as they have a standby line.

The Anthem is a beautiful ship with lots of cool features and great decor. Comparing it to Allure, however, we found it crowded, especially in the Royal Promenade/Esplanade. The aisles are too small, and the pub and stalls in the middle of the promenade create bottlenecks. We felt the crowd much more on the Anthem than we did on the Allure, which carried more people.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On the 5 night sailings, they no longer allow you to go twice. If you haven't gone, they will allow you to standby.

On the 5 night sailings, they no longer allow you to go twice. If you haven't gone, they will allow you to standby.

That was the case last week on our cruise. 1 time only per person. There usually are a few no-shows each group, so doing stand-by is not hopeless. My sister-in-law and nephew got on with only a short wait. Be sure to have closed shoes or socks. You cannot go without them.

Not been on Royal for quite some time but we're considering a 5 nighter to Bermuda for next summer. Can you prebook all the shows etc. like we did on Oasis? Any pointers, tips etc. for booking not to be missed experiences? Is it worth booking a JS for Coastal Kitchen or will a balcony suffice? And do you know what the current rate for the Diamond balcony discount is on 5 night cruises? Is there a Diamond Lounge on Anthem or is it the 3 vouchers on the seapass card. Sorry for all the questions.

TIA :).

The Anthem is a beautiful ship with lots of cool features and great decor. Comparing it to Allure, however, we found it crowded, especially in the Royal Promenade/Esplanade. The aisles are too small, and the pub and stalls in the middle of the promenade create bottlenecks. We felt the crowd much more on the Anthem than we did on the Allure, which carried more people.

Even on the Explorer there were always "sales" going on with tables placed outside the stores. You had to navigate the obstacle course to get from the back/front of the ship. Nothing new here.

MARAPRINCE

Not been on Royal for quite some time but we're considering a 5 nighter to Bermuda for next summer. Can you prebook all the shows etc. like we did on Oasis? Any pointers, tips etc. for booking not to be missed experiences? Is it worth booking a JS for Coastal Kitchen or will a balcony suffice? And do you know what the current rate for the Diamond balcony discount is on 5 night cruises? Is there a Diamond Lounge on Anthem or is it the 3 vouchers on the seapass card. Sorry for all the questions.

You can prebook 3 shows: The Gift, We Will Rock You, and Spectra. They also have regular evening shows (welcome aboard, headliner, comedian) in the main theater after dinner on a few nights for which you just show up before or after dinner like on other ships. Then, there are tribute bands and events in some of the smaller venues around the ship, so make sure you read The Compass to see what's available.

Even on the Explorer there were always "sales" going on with tables placed outside the stores. You had to navigate the obstacle course to get from the back/front of the ship. Nothing new here.

MARAPRINCE

The width of the Oasis class ships helps make the promenade more expansive and less congested. The Ovation class just seems to cram a lot into its space.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Can't wait to hear about your experience on Anthem! Looking to book this September with my sister to take our mom on a 75th birthday cruise. She only wanted to do a 5 day and Anthem to Bermuda seems to be our best option. New to RCCL but love the research I've done! Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can prebook 3 shows: The Gift, We Will Rock You, and Spectra. They also have regular evening shows (welcome aboard, headliner, comedian) in the main theater after dinner on a few nights for which you just show up before or after dinner like on other ships. Then, there are tribute bands and events in some of the smaller venues around the ship, so make sure you read The Compass to see what's available.

Thanks for that. Do you know if the regular balcony cabins are of the smaller size like they are on Oasis class ships?

We are booked on the August 31 ,2017 anthem 9 night cruise NF/Canada & I put questions about the bumper cars ,that boom on the top of the ship & the bumper cars ,Wonder how busy these rides get during the cruise ?

There is a Diamond lounge on Anthem. Yes, you can prebook but you can also book onboard. We had a JS last month for a 5 nighter and ate at Coastal Kitchen once--which is a beautiful room with a wall of windows. We weren't all that excited about their menu for the other nights and wanted to try out other places for dinner. The balcony cabins are larger that we had on Allure. Check out Youtube videos. I would read the review about Anthem on this board and also the Member Reviews section. Lots of info and pics too. I've written a review or two on it as well.

We LOVE this ship. I did like Allure too, but Anthem is preferable to us. :cool:

Edited by mizLORInj

We are booked on the August 31 ,2017 anthem 9 night cruise NF/Canada & I put questions about the bumper cars ,that boom on the top of the ship & the bumper cars ,Wonder how busy these rides get during the cruise ?

Busy but we got on easily during our 10 nighter last year. Don't go when they first open for the day--go toward the end. We found there to usually be a line, but it gets shorter as the window gets to the end for the day.

There is a Diamond lounge on Anthem. Yes, you can prebook but you can also book onboard. We had a JS last month for a 5 nighter and ate at Coastal Kitchen once--which is a beautiful room with a wall of windows. We weren't all that excited about their menu for the other nights and wanted to try out other places for dinner. The balcony cabins are larger that we had on Allure. Check out Youtube videos. I would read the review about Anthem on this board and also the Member Reviews section. Lots of info and pics too. I've written a review or two on it as well.

We LOVE this ship. I did like Allure too, but Anthem is preferable to us. :cool:

Thanks, I'll look for some of your reviews ;). We're thinking of booking for next year and then heading on over to Seattle for a sort of B2B on X :D. Thought that we could possibly visit the Diamond Lounge for a continental breakfast, so not having Coastal for the mornings wouldn't affect us too much. I presume they still offer food in the DL for breakfast? Sorry, it's been a while since our last Royal cruise. One more question, you don't happen to know what the Diamond balcony discount is on 5 nighters do you? TIA :).

Thanks, I'll look for some of your reviews ;). We're thinking of booking for next year and then heading on over to Seattle for a sort of B2B on X :D. Thought that we could possibly visit the Diamond Lounge for a continental breakfast, so not having Coastal for the mornings wouldn't affect us too much. I presume they still offer food in the DL for breakfast? Sorry, it's been a while since our last Royal cruise. One more question, you don't happen to know what the Diamond balcony discount is on 5 nighters do you? TIA :).

The DL still offers continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.

The Diamond balcony discount is $125 per stateroom for a 5-night cruise booked more than 6 months in advance. Deduct $25 if booked less than 6 months in advance.

The DL still offers continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.

The Diamond balcony discount is $125 per stateroom for a 5-night cruise booked more than 6 months in advance. Deduct $25 if booked less than 6 months in advance.

Thanks, Bob :).