Anthem New England/ Canada 8/31-9/8 2017 a few questions.

Hi everyone. Does anyone know what the weather is like in late August early September in the New England/Canada region? I'm not sure if I should pack shorts and light tops or if it will be more fall like and I should bring heavier clothing. Also, do people make use of the outdoor pools onboard at this time of year?I know there is a covered pool in the Solarium and I'm sure that will we active.

We are flying into La Guardia the night before the cruise on Delta and arriving at their Marine terminal, which I've heard is less impacted by the airport construction. I've researched and am still a bit confused. Would you hire an Uber or a private car to take us to a hotel near the port? We are looking in the Elizabeth, NJ area for hotels, as many have said they are ok. If anyone has any other suggestion as far as hotels go, I'm open for any suggestions. Thank you so much for any input.

Mary

I can't help with everything, but I would say the time of year you are traveling, shorts would be ok. Maybe bring a couple of pair of jeans and a light jacket.

There is also an indoor pool next to the solarium! Temps maybe slightly cooler but I would think the outdoor pool will still be used.

As for Eastern Canada:

Usually, late August and early September is nice enough for shorts during the day. Evenings will be cooler and long pants and sometimes a light jacket would be needed. There are on occasion, warm evenings that shorts are OK but don't count on it. For all day excursions starting in the morning, if a nice day is forecast, I (Myself) would wear shorts and bring a light jacket or long sleeve fleece that I can remove later in the day when it warms up.

Our weather is "usually" dry at that time of year, but after Aug 15th, the evenings and nights start getting cooler.

You should definitely bring shorts. August and early September can be in the 80's and 50's the next day. We have sailed NE/Canada twice in October and people were in the outdoor hot tubs and pool leaving port on one of our cruises. We were in shorts all week, but we are from outside Boston and used to the weather.

Probably. best to pack layers--the weather can be all over the map most of the year! Doesn't really mean you need to overpack though--bring a jacket, long pants, and sweater or fleece and that should be enough to combine with your regular clothes if it ends up being cooler. We also always travel with small umbrellas--easy to fit in luggage and really helps to make the weather less of an impact on your plans. I'd also bring at least one pair of shoes that you can wear with socks (so not all sandals) in case it's rainy and a little cool.

What is your hotel budget? To go from La Guardia to the Newark/Elizabeth area you should book a car service like Dial7 or Carmel limo. The large New York car services are well equipped to make these interstate trips.

You will also have to arrange transportation to the port. I suggest looking at Embassy Suites and Country Inns where you can purchase one way port transportation.

Weather should be very nice and will be warm. The most would be sweater weather. Bring one pair of jeans and a sweater/sweatshirt and you should be fine. You will probably be in the pool also. Good weather overall. When we take this cruise we stay in Elizabeth at the Carlson Country Inn. They have transportation to and from the port. There are other hotels also. Check out the thread on the main page for East Coast departures. 138east has a thread with tons of info. Enjoy that cruise!

We have cruised NE/Canada Labor Day week for the past 5 years. We bring shorts, but also jeans and jackets. Last year it was warm and sunny every day except the one day in Boston. The weather was great! Only one year did we get the tail end of a hurricane and it rained a lot. So bring an assortment of clothing!

So, we did the Anthem to Canada last September 8 from NYC. It was warm in the mid 80s in the city, with a hurricane off the coast while we were there. The hurricane caused some showers on us as the outer bands went around. The cruise weather was decent. In low 80s with light showers in Boston. Giant downpour in Portland, followed by beautiful sunshine. Bar Harbor was warm we biked through the park in the mid 80s. Saint John it was still warm highs in the 70s bright sunshine. Halifax was cool low 70s for a high.

I flowride, so first couple of days it was board shorts weather. At night leaving Boston it was wet suit weather. But the next day again was board shorts. Later in the cruise it was definitely wet suit weather, and only the last day did it get back to board shorts weather.

Bring rain gear, and layers. Because it is hurricane season but still possibly warm, the options are pretty wide...

JC

The Country Inn & Suites offers a free airport shuttle....check out their website for more info. We're going to use it for our arrival into EWR.

This hotel seems to book up quickly...We're staying there for our pre-cruise night in October.

The Country Inn & Suites offers a free airport shuttle....check out their website for more info. We're going to use it for our arrival into EWR.

This hotel seems to book up quickly...We're staying there for our pre-cruise night in October.

We are also staying at the Country Inn & Suites one night pre-cruise for the Aug 31 sailing. Another option is the Embassy Suites but they are a bit pricier for the date we need at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are also staying at the Country Inn & Suites one night pre-cruise for the Aug 31 sailing. Another option is the Embassy Suites but they are a bit pricier for the date we need at this point.

In the same complex as Country Inn & Suites is the Residence Inn and Courtyard, both with free airport shuttle. We've stayed at the Residence Inn twice and were pleased with the hotel.

Hi everyone. Does anyone know what the weather is like in late August early September in the New England/Canada region? I'm not sure if I should pack shorts and light tops or if it will be more fall like and I should bring heavier clothing. Also, do people make use of the outdoor pools onboard at this time of year?I know there is a covered pool in the Solarium and I'm sure that will we active.

We are flying into La Guardia the night before the cruise on Delta and arriving at their Marine terminal, which I've heard is less impacted by the airport construction. I've researched and am still a bit confused. Would you hire an Uber or a private car to take us to a hotel near the port? We are looking in the Elizabeth, NJ area for hotels, as many have said they are ok. If anyone has any other suggestion as far as hotels go, I'm open for any suggestions. Thank you so much for any input.

Mary

We sailed last year in late August & early September and the weather was quite warm. The seas were as calm as the Carib. By the way, Radio is presently on the Anthem with this itinerary and you can read his review with plenty of photos. I also, did an extensive review of this itinerary.