Reveal?

deliver42

Then there's this one. Now we know what they did with the rags they took off the ceiling on the M-Class the last time they tried this. LOL I have no problem with the space. It's the use of the space that seems obnoxious to me. This is not innovative.

It looks like I am in the minority here but I like the space. I am booked for the 3/24 sailing and while the itinerary is not that new to us (Tortola will be a new port! yay!), the ship looks amazing so far. I am probably not going to be eating at the restaurant since I am not into that type of food but I will be frequenting the bar and coffee shop if they fit in the premium package. It also looks like a nice place to just seat and watch the ocean go by. Now I am hoping that as time passes prices go down a bit or a least more perks are added as part of the price (better for the price of big) and I am hoping my TA will include 2019 sailings in their promotions to snag something extra!

Did anyone see the amount of Jeans on the website promo pictures? Holy cow, every second person was wearing jeans. Even with holes in them...:eek::cool:

I know dress code is a touchy subject but I welcome that! I love pairing chic jeans with nice tops and strappy sandals!

I know dress code is a touchy subject but I welcome that! I love pairing chic jeans with nice tops and strappy sandals!

I agree with you on both fronts; I am also excited about sailing on Edge. Am glad Celebrity is going for something very different; keeps cruising fresh and interesting. I also do not grasp the vitriol some on these boards have against jeans. Living in Chicago, jeans are quite common and dressy, upscale restaurants and cocktail lounges.

I hope this is not what they mean by edgy entertainment

I hate this particular for of street "entertainment" - incredibly lazy, any numpty can do it, no talent or skill involved

On a different note, I'd love to see the comments that were being made 8 or 9 years ago when Solstice was being revealed - i suspect there were similar predictions of the end of days, people stating they would never sail on it (and who are now Zenith), and what exactly Celebrity promised ahead of delivery

You really seem to be going out of your way to irritate and be offensive to those who have different view points than you. I personally do not find the name Eden or the symbolism bothersome, but would never be so pompous or douchey as to criticize or attempt to belittle people who had a different reaction because of their religious beliefs.

I agree with you on both fronts; I am also excited about sailing on Edge. Am glad Celebrity is going for something very different; keeps cruising fresh and interesting. I also do not grasp the vitriol some on these boards have against jeans. Living in Chicago, jeans are quite common and dressy, upscale restaurants and cocktail lounges.

Right on! Agree completely with both of these posts. Hope to meet ya on a cruise one day! :p

If you'd like to see what the entertainment company Celebrity hired for Eden, "Variety Worldwide", has designed/ owns, here are reviews of one of their places in NYC: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-box-new-york

Check youtube too for video of their entertainers.

SOOOO.....I followed the link, went to the Box website and played the video...wow.never saw anything so vile, disgusting, X rated, S and M.. faux bestiality., degrading to Women , anti human are are just a few words that come to mind

Wonder if LLP ever went to this club or show. Not suitable for a cruise ship and I wonder if the freaks who do like it would be a regular base of cruisers....

Hope link is not pulled here so folks,can see it, but I do warn it is graphic....and nauseating!

PS. Not a religiou Issue for me but one of human decency..

Edited by hcat

Almost nailed it until you indicated another cruise line is where hell resides. Try saying that on the Azamara or Oceania boards and you'll get a lot of push back. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

I'm not referring to the seventh heaven or anything in between... going up to Azamara or Oceania level.. forgot which elevator button to hit for those, I was referring to going down where all the sinful cruisers reside..

Again.. The Eden concept is great, don't know the seating capacity??

Where is the Captain's Club Celebration?

I love the fact that the central foyer next to guest relations and at the bottom of the stairs is no longer the centre of Celebrity's universe.

Just as I look at the presentation of the pool area.. 20 people with towels will capture all the chairs.

Give me some numbers as to capacity.

I would love Cafe al Bacio to offer my choice in this lounge but how many seats are there?

I want to see some nice snake killer pets as my companion and a security guard to limit the sinfulness in my Eden, at least while I'm there.

Hi HJ,

Than for the link.

There are very few hand rails on this ship.

I take it that she is designed to never roll, pitch or yaw.

Ira

Someone mentioned that in artist renderings handrails are often omitted so that the space can be viewed more clearly. Very likely there will be handrails on the actual ship.

Are you aware that the links you copied are really your coded specific email message that tracks back to Celebrity every time it's clicked?

I deleted it from my quote for that reason.

On a different note, I'd love to see the comments that were being made 8 or 9 years ago when Solstice was being revealed - i suspect there were similar predictions of the end of days, people stating they would never sail on it (and who are now Zenith), and what exactly Celebrity promised ahead of delivery

I remember it as being mostly positive, and excited about what would be there. The only significant negative that I recall was some perception of the new buffet layout with stations, and without tray tables. (Though it was probably 50/50 with some liking the idea, and some against.)

I think they're re-imagining the layout this time around, plus holding a lot back to try to 'tease'. In combination with the numerous cutbacks experienced, which wasn't a significant occurrence when Solstice was launched, has brought about a degree of uncertainty and scepticism, plus distaste for things that are just different, rather than better.

I too remember most on this board being excited moresoe than critical as Solstice was being revealed. There was some criticism about the lawn - and when Bistro on 5 was changed from free to $5, but the vibe was largely positive so far as I recall. Seems like many people don't like the direction the current CEO has been taking things of late, hence the lense with which Edge is being viewed is more prone to critical interpretations. Nevertheless I am excited for Edge.

I do know one thing about the weird (in my opinion) imagery used in the beginning of the video .... it got everyone talking about it. It even created some passionate responses from religionists and anti-religionists. So from that aspect it was 100% successful.

I remember seeing a special on TV about a new space on an NCL ship that would feature a water stunt show each evening, with high dives into a deep pool that had a floating floor so it could be used as a shallow pool during the day. I think they had shows on it for 2 or 3 cruises, then abandoned the idea.

I suspect having the bar tender climb a ladder for a sprig to put in your drink is one of those things. I can even imagine one of us yelling "If you don't come down from that ladder right now, young man, I am not going to tip you!" :)