Reveal?

deliver42

Frankly, I'm tired of Celebrity giving us tastes of the new ship instead of full plans. It's like they don't quite have a handle on the design and are creating on the fly. Quite frankly, I think it is time for me to simply stop checking and wait a year until (hopefully) they've finally figured out how they want the ship to look and have fully released the deck plans.

I can't wait to read what the first reviews are like on the Edge! How comfortable are the spaces? Are there both quiet and lively venues? Will the food be great?....

Call me canny but before I risk bags of money and precious vacation time on Edge myself I want to know a lot more about what she is actually like to cruise on....One of the benefits of being a real CC follower.

When we first started cruising we read reviews on many lines...decided some lines were 'us' and others weren't. Celebrity's S class fits like a glove at present...I will enjoy vicariously the adventures of others then decide if I fancy giving it a go!

Not seen the video yet, but just reading these comments made me instantly think of Royal's Two70. I thought X would have wanted something different (at the edge) rather than getting ever closer to the Royal offerings?

No huge moving Robo screens or projector windows shown for Eden though. Maybe watching the bar staff run up and down the ladders for herbs will be enough visual excitement [emoji33][emoji23]

The jury is out for me too overall. I think they may be trying too hard. Great they are trying to be different though but hopefully not at the expense of the clientele it's meant to be appealing to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't wait to read what the first reviews are like on the Edge! How comfortable are the spaces? Are there both quiet and lively venues? Will the food be great?....

Call me canny but before I risk bags of money and precious vacation time on Edge myself I want to know a lot more about what she is actually like to cruise on....One of the benefits of being a real CC follower.

When we first started cruising we read reviews on many lines...decided some lines were 'us' and others weren't. Celebrity's S class fits like a glove at present...I will enjoy vicariously the adventures of others then decide if I fancy giving it a go!

Yes, it surprises me how many people are prepared to pay up serious money on a ship that's yet to be built and on a promise of services and amenities to be offered - particularly as in the past things have been known to change (not necessarily for the better) as time roles on - remember the great Luminae opening hours kerfuffle?

No huge moving Robo screens or projector windows shown for Eden though. Maybe watching the bar staff run up and down the ladders for herbs will be enough visual excitement [emoji33][emoji23]

The jury is out for me too overall. I think they may be trying too hard. Great they are trying to be different though but hopefully not at the expense of the clientele it's meant to be appealing to.

And I suspect we'll have LOTS of time to watch them running up and down, since that will delay the delivery of drink orders even more than the Premium Beverage Package has ;p

Yes, it surprises me how many people are prepared to pay up serious money on a ship that's yet to be built and on a promise of services and amenities to be offered - particularly as in the past things have been known to change (not necessarily for the better) as time roles on - remember the great Luminae opening hours kerfuffle?

We have booked the Edge for March 2019. Time for Celebrity to work out bugs. I'm more interested in our next 4 cruises, then what is happening to the Edge.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

We booked an S3 in the first hours of launch, when the prices were just a little bit higher than the comparable sailings on Equinox. At that price, it was worth taking a chance [especially since the deposit is refundable] But the next day the prices started zooming up, and on the Jan. 13 sailing they have nearly doubled -- at that price, people are paying a lot for the new-car smell. Even with The Retreat, Celebrity can't sustain those prices IMHO.

OMG, I watched about half the video and had to check to see if the BS was over the top of my shoes. Eden will span port to starboard until they decide to slice into it to create more suites because the space is underutilized.

Shall we start a lottery as to how long it will take for Celebrity to start charging an extra fee for access to Eden? Seems as if Celebrity has embraced the concept of making everything extra fee these days. Now that they are charging for burgers at the Pool Grille, how many weeks will go by after launch before admission charges for Eden will be implemented?

OMG, I watched about half the video and had to check to see if the BS was over the top of my shoes. Eden will span port to starboard until they decide to slice into it to create more suites because the space is underutilized.

I think this comment is the most bang-on to the experience that Eden will provide!

We booked the Edge on the first day and have been questioning whether or not to cancel. The reveal of Eden has tipped the scale and we will keep our booking.

Whether or not Eden will work or the Edge will be a success we are looking forward to getting on a ship where there are new spaces, new venues and just new experiences.

I remember the first time we got on a cruise ship and everything was new to us. Didn't know where anything was, hadn't done a search for the menus, dailies or bar menus- it was fun, it was exciting, it was a adventure and it was a memorable 5 nights!

The Edge it will be a chance to recapture some of that first cruise feeling.

Though I question the need to use the Eden allegory to market this thing (and the sturm und drang it will engender with the religious set), even though this looks to be where the main dining room is currently located on other ships, I wonder if this is probably a space that will also be replacing the large lounges at the front of the M- and S-class ships that people hardly ever use now. Will be interesting to see if they can get people in to visit throughout the day. I have my doubts that all elements of the concept as announced will be rolled out or kept around for long. Lots of it seems impractical, starting with the bar garnishment garden as well as the dedicated entertainment troupe.

This "naughty Eden" idea is about 25 years old and really only caters to people who enjoy the shallow entertainments you can find in Vegas. All surface with no depth.

T.... I have my doubts that all elements of the concept as announced will be rolled out or kept around for long. Lots of it seems impractical, starting with the bar garnishment garden as well as the dedicated entertainment troupe......

Considering that space is such a premium on a cruise ship, there seems to be an exorbitant amount of wasted space in this area. There doesn't seem to be much seating available for so much space, and the chairs don't look at all comfortable. I could see this space at a resort hotel, but not in the relatively tight confines of a cruise ship. As others have hinted at, what other areas will be sacrificed in order to make room for this area?

Considering that space is such a premium on a cruise ship, there seems to be an exorbitant amount of wasted space in this area. There doesn't seem to be much seating available for so much space, and the chairs don't look at all comfortable. I could see this space at a resort hotel, but not in the relatively tight confines of a cruise ship. As others have hinted at, what other areas will be sacrificed in order to make room for this area?

That was my first thought too. This takes up an epic amount of inside space.

Considering that the main dining room sits empty for all but a few hours every day and maybe a few extra hours when they serve lunch, this seems to be a reaction to the under-use. Combined with the big empty lounge at the front of each current ship and the various rooms that stand empty practically 24/7, this looks to be an effort to utilize more space for longer hours each day. It's not a bad idea to have a multi-use space rather than purpose-built space.

If I recall from the video, and I'm not watching it again, there was mention of having a cup of coffee. If X is moving Al Bacio to this venue it will attract people day and night. If they really want it to succeed they'd set up the Martini Bar there.

Eden_zps8himqlqt.png

I think this introduction is pretty appalling... the story of Eden, the Snake and the bite of the Apple has all the imagery of the human downfall and got us kicked out of paradise. Why do the ad guys think it is great to be sinful??? How is this appealing?

Did not see this before TRULY GROSS AND REPULSIVE..and what connection does this theme have with the sea and cruising?

...Perhaps the space overall will appeal to Charters for Nudes, Swingers and those who want to sin in the Garden orgy playpenl

Maybe acupunture will be replaced with a naughty Tatoo Booth...Modern Luxury perverted!

...Perhaps the space overall will appeal to Charters for Nudes, Swingers and those who want to sin in the Garden orgy playpenl

What sailing is this and how do I sign up? These are some real perks compared to a drink package and some OBC.

whatever will bewilder me

How do you know everyone hates the interactive parties? I liked the interactive themed parties with dancers going down the grand staircase or in the lounge (usually held late at night). They have drawn huge crowds.

I do agree that I do not want this while eating dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The current staircase lobby dancers engaged people but the slitherers of the past were dressed scary wierd and creeped al over folks... the bar at the edge of tge earth,,,upstairs ,,,.,became deserted and it did not last long...the creepies were gone and the hanging rags and dirty sunbeds removed.,( this was Summit)

I am repulsed by the ad and the name. The snake in the Garden of Eden was the devil and to those of us that are Christians, this tie in makes no sense and certainly wouldn't entice me to eat an apple - errr I mean to want to go to such a space.

I'm not at all getting a tie to the concept of Edge with the name or ad. The space concept seems pretty cool but I just don't see how the designer got the concept and the ad people married that to some religious history and thought that it made any sense.

What next - the Sodom and Gomorrah Buffet? The Mecca Nightclub? Yes it is offensive.

I am repulsed by the ad and the name. The snake in the Garden of Eden was the devil and to those of us that are Christians, this tie in makes no sense and certainly wouldn't entice me to eat an apple - errr I mean to want to go to such a space.

Jane, the Garden of Eden was the Old Testament not the New. Christianity was a long way away.

I'm not at all getting a tie to the concept of Edge with the name or ad. The space concept seems pretty cool but I just don't see how the designer got the concept and the ad people married that to some religious history and thought that it made any sense.

What next - the Sodom and Gomorrah Buffet? The Mecca Nightclub? Yes it is offensive.

In the UK in the 60s and 70s there was the Mecca Ballrooms in lots of UK cities, we still have Mecca Bingo halls.

A lot of this reminds me of Vegas in the 1990s and early noughties - it wanted to attract families, then it didn't it wanted to, it wanted to be all grown up with an adult theme. When all in along what it really wanted was anyone who'd got money to burn.

Ugh. Celebrity is trying to be too hip for me (maybe that's their point). Still looking forward to our next 3 cruises in 2018 on the S Class ships. Happily, the outre style admired by Lisa Lutoff-Perlo is not present once on board. But, for 2019, we are looking at Azamara, Oceania, Regent, and/or Viking. Celebrity pricing (for AQ, which we generally book) is reaching the pricing of these other lines. We took a B2B on Azamara last fall (in a small suite) and really enjoyed it. Not a slither in sight!