Reveal?

deliver42

The Old Testament is an important part of my Bible and is the history of my religion. This Eden name and ad is offensive.

If you find the Eden ad and tie in to what is otherwise a beautiful space/concept - offensive as I do. Please call the Captains Club and voice your displeasure, as I did. They are passing our comments along. 1 (800) 760-0654. I've said it before and I'll say it again - what is next - the Mecca Nightclub and the Sodom and Gomorrah Buffet?

I think I'd find the food too salty for my taste in the Sodom and Gomorrah Buffet. Lots of food though.

Horrible.

And I thought the "Bar at the Edge of the Earth" was absurdly tacky and overdone. And that was a MASSIVE failure. At least the conversion of the venue to the "Sly Lounge" was a relatively easy fix.

How to ruin the concept of a ship in 1-2-3.

No interest on the whole ship, from the hokey Magic Carpet to suite centric nirvana. And in the Caribbean no less.

M class and S class we stay (or back to Oceania, Azamara, et. al.)

Just got an email from Celebrity with a link inviting me to watch the "Discover Eden" video. The video must have been prepared by their IT department because, Guess What?, the video doesn't open. I did find the link to the other video off to the side, but after about 30 seconds of the close-up of the snake, I exited. Just what percentage of the cruising population do they think really wants to watch snakes? In my opinion, a massive 'fail' on Celebrity's part.

Edit: After typing this message I went back to the tab with the original video and it had finally started playing, but by this time I've completely lost interest.

I received the same email, and mine did work. After watching the video, I think the concept is a little over the top, and do agree with others that mentioned the huge amount of space for basically a bar, seating areas, and a restaurant. I can't help but wonder how much people will want to sit around in there during the day, and how much it will remain empty. Especially in the Caribbean during winter months, when we look forward to getting away and enjoying the sun! Looks like a good space to hang out in if it's raining! I guess it would depend on what other activities are offered on sea days, and maybe culinary classes will appeal to some, especially if you have onboard credit to use. I think the restaurant food looks imaginative, and foodies will appreciate something different than the usual steak or Italian specialty restaurants, but I can't imagine what they are going to charge for this. I love the fact that all of the portrayed people are young and trendy, guess they're looking to attract those that are young for Azamara and Oceania, and want something more upscale than RC or Norwegian.

Looks like Celebrity have upset the traditionalists. This is inevitable whenever a cruise line creates a point of difference with other lines. The whole Eden/snake/apple/Sinful thing is certainly designed to shock (or at least raise eyebrows) but The Edge project must attract a new generation of cruisers to be successful. It has the potential to be crass and ridiculous but given the amount of money tied up in this I'm sure they have done their research. The 270 lounge on RC is a big success and I'm sure they are using this a rough template.

The Edge is a big ship and Eden is a multi-purpose space - lounge, bar, café, restaurant, entertainment space - the total space wouldn't be much more than the combined space taken up by similar venues on an S-class ship and will get continuous use. Sure, the marketing looks a bit creepy but it grabs attention. I think Celebrity have got this one right and makes a lot more sense to me than that stupid "flying carpet" idea.

Ugh. Celebrity is trying to be too hip for me (maybe that's their point). Still looking forward to our next 3 cruises in 2018 on the S Class ships. Happily, the outre style admired by Lisa Lutoff-Perlo is not present once on board. But, for 2019, we are looking at Azamara, Oceania, Regent, and/or Viking. Celebrity pricing (for AQ, which we generally book) is reaching the pricing of these other lines. We took a B2B on Azamara last fall (in a small suite) and really enjoyed it. Not a slither in sight!

For us it will probably be AZ after the ones we have coming up on Infinity, Silhouette & one already booked for EDGE... unless it gets even worse in the previews..

On Oceania we,ll be starting over unless we go the O perks route...at least on AZ we retain our level , the spa looks awesome and the product looks more like us!

The Edge pitch so far comes off indecent, freakish, and salacious..not even close to Edgy Modern Luxury. LLP,s vision seems not very classy....

Will visiting other cruise line threads....enuff said here!

Edited by hcat

I agree, but Eden reminds me somewhat of the 270 venue on Royal's Quantum class.

It entirely reminds me of that venue, and I kept comparing back to it as I watched the video.

However, what I saw is very much an inferior imitation in comparison. It just doesn't have the wow that 270 has, from what I've seen so far. It just seems like a comparable venue - but with less imagination.

I think the area looks interesting but the marketing campaign for it is VERY strange.:eek:

Yep they have gone 'overboard' with the marketing on this one. I'm not really reading into the religious aspect but the whole snake/apple intertwined into the logo, the colours ... it just doesn't look Celebrity or marry to any of the other modern contemporary Edge styling.

Personally I think the venue itself has a lot of merit. I think it's function will evolve however, if not before launch definitely after a few cruises that will quickly show what works and what doesn't. And hopefully those sea urchins are in the latter [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe the urchins are a cost savings move....you can find all you want at some of the beaches at Labadee, esp around the ladders going in and out of the little bungalows...very creepy. Also plentiful at some snorkel sites in St Maarten,

I'm warming up to her actually. I was on the fence about this video but the more I look at the space I quite like it. I thought about putting a deposit down on Solstice in September but then quickly regained my senses on remembering just how much 7 days with crappy Caribbean ports cost in Canadian. We're not paying that for two weeks in Australia including air. Will hold out until we see what she does next.

Curious if the people knocking sea urchin have tried it before? It is such a delicious food. It is somewhat expensive to source, so it is not a cheap dish at restaurants. Very common ingredient on high end tasting menus on land and at upscale seafood venues. Santa Barbara has the best quality domestic sea urchin. The only concern I have is that it is a food that is MUCH better fresh; not sure how it will hold up if Celebrity is not sourcing them locally. Good quality sea urchin is generally served raw and doesn't need much done to it - very delicious and flavorful on it's own (or it can be used to flavor foods, such as pastas or to flavor a sauce or even butter).

Curious if the people knocking sea urchin have tried it before? It is such a delicious food. It is somewhat expensive to source, so it is not a cheap dish at restaurants. Very common ingredient on high end tasting menus on land and at upscale seafood venues. Santa Barbara has the best quality domestic sea urchin. The only concern I have is that it is a food that is MUCH better fresh; not sure how it will hold up if Celebrity is not sourcing them locally. Good quality sea urchin is generally served raw and doesn't need much done to it - very delicious and flavorful on it's own (or it can be used to flavor foods, such as pastas or to flavor a sauce or even butter).

Food quality on Celebrity has consistently been going down in the MDR and Buffet. We did not even enjoy our last meal in Tuscan Grille, it was okay, but not really worth the extra cost. So I would be worried about quality of this type of food.