Jewel vs Adventure for Southern Caribbean?

We are finally planning our first Southern Caribbean cruise! We are mid 50s ( not sure whether that matters) but would love input on which ship we should choose for this cruise[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You really can't go wrong with either ship. I would recommend going with whichever itinerary interested you more. I personally would lean towards Jewel, but that's just because I prefer Radiance class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Completely agree with JoyMouse. Radiance class ships are wonderful because of the outdoor seating in the Windjammer buffet. It is incredible to have dinner out there (or coffee and dessert) and watch the sunset in a different port each night. Truly outstanding. Plus we appreciate all the windows and glass of Radiance class ships. Jewel is beautiful and she has shower doors as opposed to shower curtains, which two of her sisters have (personal preference).

My husband says he sometimes misses the Royal Promenade, but you quickly get used to the smaller ship and differences.

Jewel is our favorite ship and we've done the Southern Caribbean on her twice. However, we are booked on Adventure for January 2019 because we want to do the ABC islands. The Jewel itineraries usually only has one sea day while Adventure usually has two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Completely agree with JoyMouse. Radiance class ships are wonderful because of the outdoor seating in the Windjammer buffet. It is incredible to have dinner out there (or coffee and dessert) and watch the sunset in a different port each night. Truly outstanding. Plus we appreciate all the windows and glass of Radiance class ships. Jewel is beautiful and she has shower doors as opposed to shower curtains, which two of her sisters have (personal preference).

My husband says he sometimes misses the Royal Promenade, but you quickly get used to the smaller ship and differences.

We booked the adventure for Jan 27th, 2017. But RCCL cancelled the sailing as she is going back to dry dock. Switched to Jewel Jan 28th. We chose the Adventure because we loved the Explorer and hubby loves the royal promenade. We will have to see about the Jewel. I know we would have preferred St Maarten over St Thomas. But we are excited to be back with RCCL. Last 5 or 6 cruises have been Celebrity. Do like their free drink pgk perk!!! I wonder of RCCL will offer any discounts on the drink pkg for our sailing? I think it will be a full ship with the Adventure cancelling....:cool:

We booked the adventure for Jan 27th, 2017. But RCCL cancelled the sailing as she is going back to dry dock. Switched to Jewel Jan 28th. We chose the Adventure because we loved the Explorer and hubby loves the royal promenade. We will have to see about the Jewel. I know we would have preferred St Maarten over St Thomas. But we are excited to be back with RCCL. Last 5 or 6 cruises have been Celebrity. Do like their free drink pgk perk!!! I wonder of RCCL will offer any discounts on the drink pkg for our sailing? I think it will be a full ship with the Adventure cancelling....:cool:

Same thing happenned to us, except I think you mean Jan 2018. We stayed with Adventure, but moved the cruises to March 2018. Didn't want to give up Aruba and Curacao, but we did have to give up Bonaire. RC would not let us switch to a cruise a week earlier that included Bonaire.

We are finally planning our first Southern Caribbean cruise! We are mid 50s ( not sure whether that matters) but would love input on which ship we should choose for this cruise[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are mid 50s and have done them both and had a great time on both. Choose the itinerary you like.

Or, you could sail on Freedom of the Seas if you aren't going until May 2018 or later. I like Freedom Class better than Adventure of the Seas, but I've never been on Jewel or that class, so I can't compare that one.

Adventure caveat:

The Adventure will not be sailing the southern Caribbean in 2019.

The itinerary will be taken over by the Freedom starting in November 2018.

True. We've got the Freedom booked as a B2B cruise for March 2019.

Jewel is our favorite ship and we've done the Southern Caribbean on her twice. However, we are booked on Adventure for January 2019 because we want to do the ABC islands. The Jewel itineraries usually only has one sea day while Adventure usually has two.

We're actually on Freedom in 2019...