Allergy cabins

Hi everyone!

We are planning a Caribbean cruise for next spring.

Does anyone of you know, does Royal Caribbean have cabins with wooden floors? Fitted carpet is a big no for us because of allergy. Do these kind of allergy cabins exist only on certain ships or certain cabin categories?

Any info would be appreciated!!

PS. My first post here, after being a reader for a loong time :)

Wish I could help, but I've never heard of this kind of cabin. I just wanted to say, I think it is an excellent idea. We don't have bad allergies fortunately, but we still have no carpet in our house. I just think it is cleaner.

Mary Ann

Carpeting is a huge noise absorber. It's also much less slippery than other types of flooring. I've been fortunate to have sailed on a lot of cruises and I've never seen a fully uncarpeted cabin. But who knows?

Please report back with your findings!

And just to throw some red meat into the circle.........

Dogs.

If the people before you had a dog in the cabin, how thoroughly is the cabin cleaned? Do they or can they remove all of the dog hair?

And just to throw some red meat into the circle.........

Dogs.

If the people before you had a dog in the cabin, how thoroughly is the cabin cleaned? Do they or can they remove all of the dog hair?

Unfortunately with dogs it might be more than hairs to worry about.

Folks we often travel with both have wicked allergies. They receive advanced (written) permission from RC's Special Needs area to bring an electronic air filter with them - and that seems to help quite a bit. They pack it in carry on, and I only remember them needing to show the note once. They have a desktop unit that is about 12X8X4.

BTW - it is disgusting what that thing traps in a just few days. Don't think they change/clean the ship air filters very often at all.

They vacuum the carpets. If needed, they will shampoo them. That's about as far as it goes. Certainly you have antihistamines that can control your symptoms.

Some LARGE suites have tile flooring in the living room area...but bedrooms are carpeted...softer underfoot!

I've never seen such a cabin. Do your friends stay in hotels? I do very often - just left the Fairmont in Chicago this morning WITH a show cat. Not sure if they will do extra cleaning. There might be a few hotels with pet dedicated rooms but not many.