Amex Booking Offer Returns July 5

geoherb

I got a new blue cash everyday card this week. The offer was there when I went to BENEFITS, category TRAVEL.

I spent a long time on the phone with A/E, after being disconnected twice, & after being insistent they talked to some else, and reported that this offer was not available on either of my A/E Hilton Honors or Travel card. As caribill mentioned the same offer may not be offered to all people with the same card, thus why some people have the travel option & others don't.

Tom😎

I spent a long time on the phone with A/E, after being disconnected twice, & after being insistent they talked to some else, and reported that this offer was not available on either of my A/E Hilton Honors or Travel card. As caribill mentioned the same offer may not be offered to all people with the same card, thus why some people have the travel option & others don't.

Tom😎

That is true. I had it on our Platinum cards but not our gold or blue cards. Called yesterday and was told they could not be added to those. My Amex bills are large and I travel frequently but I tend to book all my travel on my platinum card so I don't know if that's why I got it on there.

Applied for a new card "Blue Cash Everyday" and got the offer on both my card and my s.o.'s card.

Used it and charged $500, got the $150 welcome bonus and the $100 WLCL discount, so only need to pay $250. Will charge another $500 on my s.o.'s card. Thank you OP! :D

Just wanted to report back that I used my AMEX card on the Princess site to get $556 in excursions on Saturday and the $100 statement credit just posted to my account. I love free money!

Which A/E card did you use? Did you add anything to your card to get the credit?

Tom😎

Tom,

I have a Platinum Amex card. I went to their website. Scroll down and you find a list of offers. I think it shows 5 to begin with. They are for different place you can use your Amex card and get a credit. Click more to get the full list. I think there were about 90 last week. Scroll down until the Princess one shows. They you click on the enroll or sign up button (or similar). I think the Princess offer is for a $100 credit if you make a purchase of $500 or more. The current offer runs from July 5 to December 31, 2019. I enrolled on the 6th, made final payment for our October cruise a couple of days later and see the credit on my July statement.

Which A/E card did you use? Did you add anything to your card to get the credit?

Tom😎

Tom, I have the Blue Cash Everyday (the free one). You have to have an online account set up for it and then you can see "AMEX Offers and Benefits" and add the offers you are interested in. We just have the one account, but my husband is an "authorized user" so we have 2 cards. You can set up an online account for both people and then double dip on the offers. You have to add offers to both cards if you want to do that. I'm going to use his card to get my parents' excursions to save them $100. We used it on NCL earlier this year to get $200 off. I tend to check the offers every week or so and there's generally always something. Most recently there was $15 back after $50 at Petco. It's a great card to have.

I'm not really understanding how some people get this and some don't. I went to the AmEx site and read which cards are eligible for offers and we should be able to get them. Especially annoyed that people who have brand new accounts are getting it. I have had a Hilton Honors AmEx for probably close to 20 years and actually use it the most. Never carried a balance and never missed a payment and yet the only offers we get are pretty much places I would never use. Guess I'll stick with my Marriott Visa for this cruise since at least we get $5000 in trip cancellation/interruption insurance that AmEx doesn't offer.

I'm not really understanding how some people get this and some don't. I went to the AmEx site and read which cards are eligible for offers and we should be able to get them. Especially annoyed that people who have brand new accounts are getting it. I have had a Hilton Honors AmEx for probably close to 20 years and actually use it the most. Never carried a balance and never missed a payment and yet the only offers we get are pretty much places I would never use. Guess I'll stick with my Marriott Visa for this cruise since at least we get $5000 in trip cancellation/interruption insurance that AmEx doesn't offer.

Put me in the same boat. I never get these offers in the Amex Hilton, that is why I applied for a new card. Otherwise, I wouldn't get the offer either...

It seems that most people that have the Blue Cash Everyday card seems to get his offer. I also have had this card for awhile. When I received 2 new cards, Hilton Honors & the Travel Card, the first thing was to look at the offers which you can narrow down the choices by selecting travel. This shows you all of only travel benefits. When I didn't see the offer I then looked at all of the offers just to make sure it wasn't there which it wasn't. As reported before not everyone with the same card gets the same offer, thus it's why some get this offer & some don't. It don't know if there is a way to see if this offer is offered on the different cards being offered.

Tom😎

• 4 weeks later...
I did not do this on the previous iteration of this offer but others did successfully. The Amex URL was as follows but I don't know if it will work or be available for this new offer starting tomorrow:

https://www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

This link worked today!

Added to both my Delta Platinum cards this morning.

This link worked today!

Added to both my Delta Platinum cards this morning.

John..........I got it to work on my Hilton Amex as well. Thanks! But now I have to figure out how to use it because there are so many "rules and regulations" to the offer I'm not sure what is and what is not qualified. We booked as part of a group and they went through a TA, so it appears that we can't use it to pay part of the trip costs. But then again it doesn't appear we can use it for excursions either if not "booked at the time of reservation". Plus it doesn't look as though lots of things on board don't qualify. Wondering if just buying OBC would work and then use the OBC for the stuff we need (gratuities, etc).

We have one basic AMex card....

Or, we could apply for a new one, if this one isn't eligible.

We recently made a booking thru an Amex affiliated travel agent.

Should we be able to get this offer?

If we just have the one card, then this would be $100.00?

Probably wouldn't want to get another card just for that....

I found that there are a number of American Express cards with no annual fee & thought that I could get the $100 credit on any of these cards. I applied & received the Hilton Honors & the Blue Sky cards & was surprised when I couldn't find the offer. I even called A/E to see if the offer could be added with no luck. They have some kind of system that decides who gets what offer. I found that there was no way in advance to find out with a new card if you will get that offer.

Tom😎

We have one basic AMex card....

Or, we could apply for a new one, if this one isn't eligible.

We recently made a booking thru an Amex affiliated travel agent.

Should we be able to get this offer?

If we just have the one card, then this would be $100.00?

Probably wouldn't want to get another card just for that....

If the offer is available to your current Amex card (and you "add" it to your offers) and if the TA you used makes the payment directly with the cruise line using that Amex card then yes, you will receive the $100 statement credit. With some TA's you make a payment to the agency and they, in turn, pay the cruise line on your behalf from their funds - in that case, the charge to your Amex card would come through to Amex as being with the TA and not the cruise line and therefore not eligible for the $100 credit.

• 3 weeks later...