Food on the Caribbean Princess

Videopark

I've seen comments good and very poor concerning the food on the CB. Is it possible that the ship is using two or more different purveyors. The ship loads up before each cruise and perhaps some of the food is better than others or from a different provider.

http://touristmeetstraveler.com/2014/behind-buffet-cruise-ship-food-kitchens/

http://www.princess.com/aboutus/suppliers/index.jsp

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2012-10-12/cruises-restaurant-quality-food-explained

Food tastes are very subjective. What one person hates another likes. The only true way to determine that issue is to take the cruise, eat all you want then decide for yourself. the main opinion is the food is edible.

We enjoyed the food on our December cruise on the CB--and are booked to go on the ship again next month. This will be our first time doing a cruise out of England, so I do wonder if there will be a difference in the food on board.

Princess has been doing this on a massive scale for many many years.

They must be doing something right.

I have never looked and/or worried about provisions on any of our 58 Princess cruises.

Take reviews/comments with a grain of salt. As stated food is VERY subjective.

IMO......Don't psyche yourself out before you even take the cruise.

Food tastes are very subjective. What one person hates another likes. The only true way to determine that issue is to take the cruise, eat all you want then decide for yourself. the main opinion is the food is edible.

Yes, it's difficult to tell if you'd like the food based on others' opinions unless they tell you *why* they don't like the food.

For example, if people don't like the food because they think the cuts of meat are inferior and there's a scarcity of lobster tail and shrimp, well, no problem for me since I don't eat meat or seafood. I care more about whether or not I can find a good vegetarian curry or falafel wrap or bean burrito et al.

I've seen comments good and very poor concerning the food on the CB. Is it possible that the ship is using two or more different purveyors. The ship loads up before each cruise and perhaps some of the food is better than others or from a different provider.

We have been on the CB on their cruises for Canada/NE, Caribbean and Europe. They may have different providers for these. But I have not distinguished any difference on taste for the same dish. Nor have noticed a deterioration in quality. Otherwise, we would not have booked our British Isles cruise on the CB again this Sept.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Food is a very personal observation so what I find appealing someone else may find disgusting. We sailed four times on the CB last year for a total of 43 days and had no problem with the food offered in either the MDR or HC. The menu comes from corporate and how it is prepared by the over 100 kitchen staff is dictated by corporate down to how it is placed on the plate. I have done several tours of the different ship galleys including the CB last year (UST). There are pictures of each plate posted in the galley where the plates are prepared so that they all look the same. Last year we did a B2B on the CB on a 2x7 day cruise and the menu repeated the second week. I did not see any difference in what was offered and I was able to pick something different the second week. We will be sailing on the CB again next year.