We Can Look For Air on HAL now!

here is the info posted on the other thread.

Well, I tried to attach photos of my steps per TAD2005 request, but the images were too large and I can't figure out how to make them smaller, so I will again try to describe the steps: 1. Log In

2. In My Account, go to My Reservations

3.When you get to your booking, go to PURCHASE (Shorex,Indulgences, etc.)

4.Click on PURCHASE

5.You will see the WELCOME (your name) page . The first item is BOOK FLIGHTS AND TRAVEL . Select that one.

6. You should see PRE & POST-CRUISE TRAVEL. On the right side of the page are 3 boxes. Check FLIGHTS. Choose BEGIN.

7. You should see the FLIGHT EASE PAGE.

If this doesn't work, I guess "something is amiss" as mentioned in post #51 above. I think if they added "Flights and Hotels" to the PURCHASE list in step 3 it would end a lot of confusion.

Sigh....I have already described how to get to HAL's Flight Ease site on the thread in this Forum called "Flight Ease-worked for me" by doubleduty. You cannot access Flight Ease on the HAL web site if you have booked with a TA. For those who have booked directly with HAL, see post #52 in the thread above for directions. Sorry I don't know how to link that thread here. It is currently on page 2 of the HAL Forum. Not sure if the Flight Ease page is available from Canada, but don't know why it wouldn't be, but of course, we all know about the HAL website and it's problems....

Unfortunately, those instructions don't work for me, at least on the cruise that would qualify (booked with a PCC and within airline booking time frame). I tried on Firefox and Internet Explorer - no go - no mention of Flight Ease. I even went into Online Check In and checked that I don't have my flights yet - no difference.

Maybe this feature is being tested for "some" users?

Edited by richwmn

We use Flight Ease everytime we book a HAL cruise. We are Canadian and have had absolutely no problem accessing Flight Ease with our booking number. We just used them in May for our Med cruise on Koningsdam. Unless things have completely changed since then, I don't understand why folks are having difficulty doing this. I would call HAL and ask them to guide you through the process.

here is the info posted on the other thread.

Unfortunately, those instructions don't work for me, at least on the cruise that would qualify (booked with a PCC and within airline booking time frame). I tried on Firefox and Internet Explorer - no go - no mention of Flight Ease. I even went into Online Check In and checked that I don't have my flights yet - no difference.

Maybe this feature is being tested for "some" users?

Thanks for reposting the information. I had followed those instructions yesterday and again this morning. Still no luck. However, I AM outside of the flight booking timeframe, well over 330 days, so I still think that's the reason I don't see the link. I did book the cruise directly with a HAL PCC.

We use Flight Ease everytime we book a HAL cruise. We are Canadian and have had absolutely no problem accessing Flight Ease with our booking number. We just used them in May for our Med cruise on Koningsdam. Unless things have completely changed since then, I don't understand why folks are having difficulty doing this. I would call HAL and ask them to guide you through the process.

The way I understand your post, you've already booked your flights through FlightEase; is that correct? The problem that I'm having is that I have the cruise booked but not the flights. I would like to check out the pricing on my own through Flight Ease but cannot get to the link that others can. In my particular situation, I am outside of the flight availability but it sounds like others who are inside of the 330 day window are still having the same issue.

Sign in

Reservation

Book spa, shore,dining

Then on bar at top click travel planning and options for pre or post travel or flights populates

The thing that alerted me to a difference in the website was when I clicked book spa, shore etc, a logo of the ship slowly filling appeared. Maybe not the best time filler for a cruise but I digress.

Yes, it is absolutely available to me.

Sign in

Reservation

Book spa, shore,dining

Then on bar at top click travel planning and options for pre or post travel or flights populates

The thing that alerted me to a difference in the website was when I clicked book spa, shore etc, a logo of the ship slowly filling appeared. Maybe not the best time filler for a cruise but I digress.

Nope, still doesn't work for me. When I click on Travel Planning, I get Check In and Essential Documentation buttons. Hopefully, those within the airline booking time frame can see it.

I have seen the logo of the ship slowly filling, though. I think that's just HAL's version of a spinning rainbow wheel, or the dots in the circle spinning about.

Nope, still doesn't work for me. When I click on Travel Planning, I get Check In and Essential Documentation buttons. Hopefully, those within the airline booking time frame can see it.

I have seen the logo of the ship slowly filling, though. I think that's just HAL's version of a spinning rainbow wheel, or the dots in the circle spinning about.

Same thing for me.

Same thing for me.

I can only see Essential Documents and Check-In and we are within the air booking period and booked with our PCC. I would like to see them get the flight ease function running so I could check on flights and prices without having to ask our PCC to do it.

I can only see Essential Documents and Check-In and we are within the air booking period and booked with our PCC. I would like to see them get the flight ease function running so I could check on flights and prices without having to ask our PCC to do it.

Maybe it is rolling out slowly. I definitely have it now.

Ditto ! You are not alone ;)

Good for HAL.

Although we seldom find cruise air attractive we always check. It is part of our travel shopping. We especially like three options that various cruise line sites offer. Occasionally the right flight(s) at the right price show upon the screen. You need to book because the chooses and the prices can change quickly.

The first is the ability to peruse cruise air prices prior to even booking a cruise. The second is the ability to view multiple airlines/routings/prices on a single inquiry. The third is the ability to book air either oneway, or to/from a city that is not your home. Being able to do this on line, at home, without relying on someone at the other end of the phone is a huge improvement.

The way I understand your post, you've already booked your flights through FlightEase; is that correct? The problem that I'm having is that I have the cruise booked but not the flights. I would like to check out the pricing on my own through Flight Ease but cannot get to the link that others can. In my particular situation, I am outside of the flight availability but it sounds like others who are inside of the 330 day window are still having the same issue.
Our cruise WAS in May and we booked our air when we booked the cruise, which was in January. If you are too early to book flights you CANNOT peruse flights with HAL and there will be NO link until these flights become available. Once you are in the booking window for flights, then you can see what's available for your sailing using your booking number.

Sign in

Reservation

Book spa, shore,dining

I just tried again and get the same as Alberta Quilter. I do see the ship logo filling, but only Check In and Essential Documentation. This is for a cruise 60 days out, booked with a PCC, no air travel selected on Check In Documents

Our cruise WAS in May and we booked our air when we booked the cruise, which was in January. If you are too early to book flights you CANNOT peruse flights with HAL and there will be NO link until these flights become available. Once you are in the booking window for flights, then you can see what's available for your sailing using your booking number.

Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding; I thought you had a future cruise booked. And I can understand why I can't see the link since I am outside of the booking window. However, there are at least two other posters (Kazu & richwmn) who are inside the booking window that can't see the link. Any ideas why? It doesn't appear to be a Canadian thing since some of those who can't get the link are in the US.

Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding; I thought you had a future cruise booked. And I can understand why I can't see the link since I am outside of the booking window. However, there are at least two other posters (Kazu & richwmn) who are inside the booking window that can't see the link. Any ideas why? It doesn't appear to be a Canadian thing since some of those who can't get the link are in the US.

Maybe it is a slow roll out in alphabetical order? LOL.

My last name would be near the end ;)

Recognizing that all responses from HAL service reps may not be gospel... :-)

The following is an online chat session from HAL website support.

Welcome to Holland America Line. Chat service is available in English only. Please hold while we connect you to the next available agent...

[Marcus] Thank you for contacting Holland America Line. How may I help you today?

[dennis] How come I can't connect to Flight Ease for my cruise. I booked thru my PCC but do not have air yet.

[Marcus] I would be glad to advise, Dennis. I'm not sure why as we do not have access to Flight Ease.

[dennis] So how should it work. It seems some people can connect some can't. All I get is a page that says call to book.

[Marcus] If the booking was made through a personal cruise consultant, you'll need to contact them to book air through our flight ease system.

[dennis] Ok

For what it's worth

Dennis

Recognizing that all responses from HAL service reps may not be gospel... :-)

The following is an online chat session from HAL website support.

Welcome to Holland America Line. Chat service is available in English only. Please hold while we connect you to the next available agent...

[Marcus] Thank you for contacting Holland America Line. How may I help you today?

[dennis] How come I can't connect to Flight Ease for my cruise. I booked thru my PCC but do not have air yet.

[Marcus] I would be glad to advise, Dennis. I'm not sure why as we do not have access to Flight Ease.

[dennis] So how should it work. It seems some people can connect some can't. All I get is a page that says call to book.

[Marcus] If the booking was made through a personal cruise consultant, you'll need to contact them to book air through our flight ease system.

[dennis] Ok

For what it's worth

Dennis

Thanks Dennis - that might just explain a lot!

I always thought booking with a PCC was like booking with HAL. Very interesting.

Thanks for following up and posting :)

I am actually outside the time when flights would be available but I have the option to try.

M. About as middle if the road as I could be.

Maybe those of us at the end of the alphabet will see the link in a couple of days!

How did you book the cruise? Online or through a PCC (since that has been suggested as one possible issue)? And how far outside of the 330 day period are you? I have about 100 days until I can book my outbound flights.