Should I do Bermuda or Bahamas?

I'm looking into cruises for end of June, early July of 2018. Trying to decide on AOS 9 night Bermuda cruise or 7 night Bahamas. I've never been to either place and don't know much about either. Which place would you choose and why? It will probably be just my husband and I but our adult children might also go. Not a fan of a lot of screaming children or load rowdy drunk people. Not sure if either place is more geared to those groups but thought I would mention it.

Bermuda. There is more to do, it's a safer and more organized environment to walk around at night for nightlife and dinners off the ship if you wanted. Bahamas is kind of run down and is one of the (if not THE) least desirable stop of frequent cruisers. Bermuda during summertime will be nice and warm, there's several beautiful beaches to visit, plenty of sights to see and museums to visit etc. Bahamas is just kind of crap, unless you've never been there and are only stopping there for a day.

Also the Anthem is a nice new ship with lots to do. I don't know what ship you're looking at to do a 7 day Bahamas, but I bet it's not as nice as Anthem. There will likely be plenty of kids on both ships that time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bermuda, and here's why - the people are helpful and genuinely friendly, the island is clean and is not a tourist trap. I've never been approached by a panhandler, and have never seen a street vendor.

You are made to feel as a welcome guest in their home, not someone who is just to be tolerated.

SBtS

Bermuda. Much more beautiful plus feel safer there too. Lots to see and do. Another plus is that the ship is docked overnight so no rushing back to be back onboard. Buses to anywhere you want to go.

Bahamas never felt safe there. Especially with the vendors following you trying to sell their wares plus trying to sell you drugs.

I'm looking into cruises for end of June, early July of 2018. Trying to decide on AOS 9 night Bermuda cruise or 7 night Bahamas. I've never been to either place and don't know much about either. Which place would you choose and why? It will probably be just my husband and I but our adult children might also go. Not a fan of a lot of screaming children or load rowdy drunk people. Not sure if either place is more geared to those groups but thought I would mention it.

Assuming that AOS is Anthem, I don't see a 7 nights Bahamas in that time frame. I see a 5 night Bermuda that overnights in Bermuda and a 9 night Bermuda/Caribbean cruise that has a port stop in Bermuda (no overnight), Labadee, St Martin, and San Juan.

The longer cruise will have less kids but not a lot of time to see Bermuda. That time of year is going to have kids on any cruise.

I vote for Bermuda. It is a beautiful, clean, friendly island. The public transportation is easy to use. The nice thing about Bermuda is you can use the ship as your hotel and come and go as you please the entire the ship is docked. There will be alot of kids on either cruise but the longer the cruise is the fewer kids.

I guess the verdict is Bermuda! Looking at RCI AOS and NCL Breakaway. Any opinions on either of those? NCL was about $1,770 for 2 people interior 7 nights. I was going by the 2017 prices. Thinking I might be able to catch some last minute sales for the same cruise next year. RCI was $2,781 for same room 9 nights 2018 prices. They didn't have any cruises left for this year same time so I'm going by 2018 prices as they are now with the 50% 2 person sale. So there is a big price difference. Also the NCL only has one port stop being Bermuda for 3 days. RCI goes to 4 ports, Bermuda, St Maarten, PR, Haiti.

The Anthem 9 night doesn't stay that long in Bermuda so I'm not sure if I'd pick that cruise based solely on wanting to see Bermuda. But if you don't mind flying, I tend to think Bermuda is a better land based trip if you mainly want to see the island versus mainly want a cruise vacation that has a stop in Bermuda. I think the same of the Bahamas--there are some really nice places/islands to stay within the Bahamas (not Nassau) but not for a cruise vacation.

Brookmill18- That's a good point about spending more time on the island and more so if we flew there. I'm kind of new to traveling so I think I might like the 9 day one since you see different ports/places. But I'm unsure if it's a bit too hectic with in and out of all the ports versus just being at one place and seeing different things at Bermuda only. Is there enough to see there to us up the 3 days? I'm trying to focus in on the cruises that don't require me to fly. I live in NY, so the Cape Liberty and Manhattan terminals seem pretty convenient and save me on airfare to FLA.

Personally I would pick Bermuda. You might want to think about driving to Boston and taking the NCL Dawn, nice little ship and 3 nights in Bermuda.

NCL Dawn only does two nights in Bermuda. It arrives Bermuda at 1pm on Sunday and leaves Tuesday at 5:30pm.

I guess the verdict is Bermuda! Looking at RCI AOS and NCL Breakaway. Any opinions on either of those? NCL was about $1,770 for 2 people interior 7 nights. I was going by the 2017 prices. Thinking I might be able to catch some last minute sales for the same cruise next year. RCI was $2,781 for same room 9 nights 2018 prices. They didn't have any cruises left for this year same time so I'm going by 2018 prices as they are now with the 50% 2 person sale. So there is a big price difference. Also the NCL only has one port stop being Bermuda for 3 days. RCI goes to 4 ports, Bermuda, St Maarten, PR, Haiti.

If your primary desire is visiting Bermuda, then I would select the cruise ship whose stay is longer and that would be the Breakaway.

BTW, for 2018, the BA is being replaced by the Escape for the Bermuda itinerary.

SBtS

NCL Dawn only does two nights in Bermuda. It arrives Bermuda at 1pm on Sunday and leaves Tuesday at 5:30pm.

Well that stinks! I thought it took over for the NCL Majesty, which did spend 3 nights. I still would pick Bermuda. :cool:

Laurie

Bermuda, and here's why - the people are helpful and genuinely friendly, the island is clean and is not a tourist trap. I've never been approached by a panhandler, and have never seen a street vendor.

You are made to feel as a welcome guest in their home, not someone who is just to be tolerated.

SBtS

Never cruised to BDA but been there multiple times. Certainly my choice over the Bahanas.