Do You Alternate Your Walking Shoes (for port intensive cruises)?

Lois R

Oh, I read over on the Spain forum about your Euro suggestion and what to carry around Barcelona (or not carry).

So you would not recommend even a cross body bag?

I do wear a small crossbody - with zippers that lock but I wear it under my jacket/hoodie! much easier to make sure it is not 'available' or noticed and would be very hard to access. Also of course only bring essentials with you - leave most valuables and $$ in hotel safe if possible!

I never look at anything with "memory foam" for anything but very casual use - seems to not be built for actual athletic use! For another pair of runners - I was pissed because Solomon discontinued my beloved Synapse trail shoe. But, I've heard excellent things and reviews about Hoka, so I'm going to look at those very soon - my last pair of Synapse will be used up in the next month or two :(

Danskos - I wear the Pros for work. And, I DO fall off of them once in awhile!!!

Love my hokas!

Can't do Dansko, my feet are too flat...but I ADORE my Allegrias! I've walked over five miles in a work day and had no foot, leg or back pain.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wear Hokas for trail shoes, very light, tons of support & very, very comfortable. You do have to get used to the height of the sole. I find myself really lifting my foot (which is a good idea!). I bought my first pair at Sierra at an excellent price. I wear the Challenger ATR

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll have to look at the Challenger! Yes, lifting the feet higher on a rocky trail is definitely a good idea!

I do wear a small crossbody - with zippers that lock but I wear it under my jacket/hoodie! much easier to make sure it is not 'available' or noticed and would be very hard to access. Also of course only bring essentials with you - leave most valuables and $$ in hotel safe if possible!

Good morning....:)........I am not wearing a jacket/hoodie.........August in Barcelona should be way too warm for one.

Good morning....:)........I am not wearing a jacket/hoodie.........August in Barcelona should be way too warm for one.

You are absolutely right! LOL - I am usually there in Oct/November - and next year will be there in May! (and will use the 'secret' pocket in my yoga pants to keep my credit card and only a few euros in my crossbody... leave most cash/documents in hotel safe along with phone!

You are absolutely right! LOL - I am usually there in Oct/November - and next year will be there in May! (and will use the 'secret' pocket in my yoga pants to keep my credit card and only a few euros in my crossbody... leave most cash/documents in hotel safe along with phone!

Good morning:)...just want to make sure you saw the name of the Skecher's in my earlier post:)

Just a note, the store with the ABEOs is The Walking Company, not The Walking Store. In case someone would like the website, it's thewalkingcompany.com

I'll put in a plug for their ABEO Balboa sandals. They are a flip-flop style, but the placement of the strap really cuts down on the "flip-flop" noise, if that bothers you, and it also keeps the shoe on the foot. They come in three different sole styles depending on the foot, so you may want to try them on to get the right one. I wear the neutral (the box says "N," which makes it look like it's a narrow, but the "N" stands for "neutral").

I have them in three colors and have worn them for day-long tours with lots of walking without a problem. I'll buy another color once they put them on sale at the end of the season. A few colors are on sale now.

Good morning:)...just want to make sure you saw the name of the Skecher's in my earlier post:)

Thanks - I did miss the post - and now see you got some other more suitable walking shoes! Good for you. (No Walking company/store here in Canada and not aware of ABEO brand?)

I was out this morning and found this shoe at our Marshall's:

http://www.datgiarehcm.com/hushpuppies-hush-puppies-womens-kacie-martina-wedges-shoes-court-p-154.html

Very comfy - so far - now wearing them around the house LOL - will be nice in the fall for work (unless it rains!) :)

I do take a bag, but in places where there is a risk of pickpockets, I put my money and a credit card in something like this, which I then put into an inside pocket in my purse and either pin it to the lining or use a big safety pin to pin the zipper to the lining: http://www.campsaver.com/eagle-creek-undercover-hidden-pocket

(In a few situations where I don't want to carry a bag, it can also be pinned to the inside of your pants/capris/skirt etc.

I like carrying my own bag, not a big fan of PacSafe -- so this works for me.

I have been researching crossbody bags on line......man oh man, there are a lot:eek:...do you use one with slash

resistant straps? and does it lock where the zipper connects?

I have this one - you can see how the zippers lock!

4e82a8671450273f9699dd22645c30db.jpg

How large is that? I can't tell if it is larger than I am looking for but it looks like the good nylon I want......:)

Shoes are the hardest things for me to pack! On my last cruise I packed a total of 4 shoes- sneakers, flip flops, hiking boot, and heels. In the ports I alternated between all the shoes but 3. I read somewhere that you shouldn't wear the same pair of shoes 2 days in a row due to bacteria.

How large is that? I can't tell if it is larger than I am looking for but it looks like the good nylon I want......:)

I don't think they sell this model anymore - but have a look here (ebags.com) as they have several travelon crossbody bags (with dimensions and reviews!)....

https://www.ebags.com/category/handbags/cross-body-bags/b/travelon?origin=left_nav

Edited by Froufie

On our world cruise earlier this year I used the Travelon bag that Sailor_Sally mentioned. It's great! With 2 side pockets, I could keep my water bottle and sunglasses handy without having to open my purse each time I needed them.

I have the pacsafe citysafe 200 - I wouldn't have ordered it for the "security measures" (stainless cable in the strap) but I love the pockets - those exterior pockets for (small) water bottles. Bought it at ebags, great sale + coupons.

(this is my "bigger" travel bag - I don't use it on all my trips - just when I think I'll want to carry more stuff with me during the day, like possibly a cardigan or shell - otherwise I have an ebags cross body I don't see on their website now, and a few LeSport Sac bags with adjustable straps - I prefer crossbody but you can shorten and use as a shoulder bag if you want. (the Classic Hobo is the size I tend to like for travel - I have a couple smaller cross body pouches but they're an awkward size for me. Also have a couple totes but I prefer a padded strap for airplane travel so I don't use those for "packing light" trips.) And I always pack my large LS weekender as an extra duffel when I travel - dirty laundry comes home in the duffel and souvenirs come home in my sturdier wheeled suitcase :D

Good morning girls:).......I am sailing next month:D...sailing from Barcelona to Rome and it is quite a port intensive

cruise. I have my VIONICS (I wear them to walk here at home). And was wondering for those of you who do walk,

do you take multiple pairs? I got a pair of sandals, a fisherman's style but tried them and think I will have to return

them *rubs in the back and I certainly don't want issues on the trip. Maybe I should just stick with my Vionic's....

Just curious if any of your bring an alternate pair from shoe/shoe or shoe/sandal for walking.........I don't bring

alot of shoes with me on any of my trips but an extra pair for walking would be in a different category (for me anyway).

Thoughts?

Thank you:)

Best sandals I ever bought are Ecco jab sandals, just use them and no sore knees, mine are worn into the ground, walked in them every day on 12 day cruise in Med, bought them in Santorini but you can get them here, lifesavers.

I guess I haven't checked in here;).....I think I mentioned buying the actual walking shoes from The Walking Company.

I have found a pair of sandals as well but those I got from DSW.......they are from the "EARTH BRAND"......Earth

Origins........they seem to have good arch support:). maybe not as much as pricier brands but they feel quite good.

Now I am still on the search for a small cross body bag with the anti-theft stuff:) There are ALOT of choices:eek: on

Ebag, Amazon, QVC and I also went to the Pac safe website and Magellan's too..........

I don't want anything too large as I am just not a person who carries alot of stuff...........

I found this one

340128_3_1?resmode=4&op_usm=1,1,1,&qlt=95,1&hei=100&wid=100&align=0,1&yocs=2M_2N_&yoloc=us

and this one..........

41ZosvBgFvL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg

ooops that is little........here is the link.......this was is on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Anti-Theft-Convertible-Crossbody-Waistpack/dp/B00SU4XU7I/ref=sr_1_13?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1500213408&sr=1-13&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=travelon

Glad to help:)

This is another bag I found on Magellan's website.........not sure why I am having so much trouble deciding which one

to buy:(

hires.chain]

Glad to help:)

This is another bag I found on Magellan's website.........not sure why I am having so much trouble deciding which one

to buy:(

hires.chain]

Well personally I love the raspberry coloured bag but I have noticdvon my travels that most wear the black accessories,probably would be safer as the eye is not drawn to dark items, just my two cents, got so used to dark colours in Europe that I automatically choose that clothing somI blend in more.

Well personally I love the raspberry coloured bag but I have noticdvon my travels that most wear the black accessories,probably would be safer as the eye is not drawn to dark items, just my two cents, got so used to dark colours in Europe that I automatically choose that clothing somI blend in more.

Bad typing, went to Tom Petty concert last night, stayed up,past my bed time,lol

Thanks, I would get the black one........I only copied and pasted like that because it was in the same photo from the

web;)

I prefer a travel bag with an east-west orientation (wider than it is deep) rather than a north-south orientation (taller than it is wide). I find it easier to get things in and out when the opening is larger.