Explore 4 HAL 2017/18

deeko

Hello everyone.

Can anyone help with this situation.

In April I booked a TA from FLL to Barcelona. A suite SA

No mention was made at that time of Explore 4.

I've been offered it now for about 1150 dollars per person.

Anyone know exactly what Explore 4 includes and would the extra be worth it.

Over to the many CC experts out there.

Thanks

Deeko

The beverage portion would normally cost each adult member of your cabin about $50 a day for up to, I think, 15 drinks each, alcohol or non-alcohol. If you enjoy a beer, wine or a cocktail and might consume 6 or 7 of them each a day, it may be worth it. In addition, the program give one free Pinnacle dinner and one free a Canaletto dinner. (The latter we can do without.) There may be pre-paid gratuities, also. If I have forgotten anything, others will fill you in. The beverage card is nice because you know that you won't be facing a large bar bill at the end of the cruise, but that is one of individual choice. We have appreciated it.

Hello everyone.

Can anyone help with this situation.

In April I booked a TA from FLL to Barcelona. A suite SA

No mention was made at that time of Explore 4.

I've been offered it now for about 1150 dollars per person.

Anyone know exactly what Explore 4 includes and would the extra be worth it.

Over to the many CC experts out there.

Thanks

Deeko

How long is your cruise? As I recall, the last Explore4 included drinks and all tips/hotel service charge, so you can figure your savings from that, as it depends how much you drink per day normally.

Since we don't know how long your cruise it, it is hard to determine if it is worth $2300 total extra.

I did keep track one time when we had the Explore4 of how many drinks we had.

Most drinks cost around $8 and the Signature Package covers drinks up to $9 (and it includes the 15% gratuity). If you order a drink over $9, the entire price of the drink will automatically be charged to your shipboard account.

You will have to sit down and figure out what you think you will spend on drinks each day and also add on $15 per person per day for an SA suite and see if it will be more than the $2300.

I knew I'd get good advice on here!!

Thanks Tampa girl, Frank and Dave.

I'm getting a picture of what would make a good decision. I've not been on Hal before. Princess and Norwegian Haven I know.

If the TA is 15 days then it could be a decider. By the wayhow does alcohol mix with Dramamine????!!!!! It is the atlantic!!

Thanks to all

Deeko

Hi KrazyK's.......just read your helpful thoughts after I'd sent the last reply.

looks like it's just about impossible to work out but hey it keeps this old brain active!

Thanks again

I knew I'd get good advice on here!!

Thanks Tampa girl, Frank and Dave.

I'm getting a picture of what would make a good decision. I've not been on Hal before. Princess and Norwegian Haven I know.

If the TA is 15 days then it could be a decider. By the wayhow does alcohol mix with Dramamine????!!!!! It is the atlantic!!

Thanks to all

Deeko

Thank You! Interesting to hear that Explore is still in play (or has returned)

deeko, be careful! If the Explore 4 is European based then it seems that it does not include the hotel service charge. It will only cover the drinks element and a pinnacle grill dinner.

If you have booked through a U.S. travel agent then it may include the hotel service charge.

VMAX thanks for that. It is a great question to ask when I am next in touch with HAL. Thanks for the warning. All that glitters is not gold!! 1000 euros each is a lot of Murphy's!!!

Thanks

Deeko

From a slightly different angle. I also worry about the LARGE bill at the end. With Explorer 4 I will order a glass of wine at dinner, sometimes two. I will have a beer with my chicken sandwich by the pool and my wife will order the "expensive" coffee when ever she wants. . We will usually have a glass of wine for "Happy Hour". We only order an after dinner drink with Explore 4. So along with the "no surprises" at the end is the piece of mind that I can have what I want, no worry.

Bottom line, "what's it worth to you ?" Dollars and cents is one way to compute.

aa7yy

Thanks for taking time to reply. I do find all the differing perspectives from CC people very interesting. I said in the original question I was sure that people "out there" had a wealth of experience. I was right.

Thanks to everyone.

Deeko

1000 euros each is a lot of Murphy's!!!

True, but with Explore 4 you are limited to 15 per day (each ;p)

I posted a link on your other thread that gives details of Explore 4 for Europeans.

Thanks to all

Deeko

Ha, ha. You mix enough of those Explore4 drinks with Dramamine and you won't be able to count your drinks!

Have a fun cruise and let us know how it goes!

How do you get offered the Explorer4 pkg? I've seen it talked about but I've never figured out where or how to get it?

It is a promo available on a limited number of cruises and should be coming out sometime soon. Watch for it on the first page of the HAL website.