What's the first thing on your agenda?

Bazzybuggs

Do all you regular cruisers have any particular habits on embarkation? I mean things like heading first for the pool or buffet (or wherever is open at the start). Any tips for a first timer?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Buffet. Fun Ship Special. Walk around the outside areas. Find a place to park it outside until rooms are ready.

On embarkation day I have two main priorities.

1) Find the bar and start my vacation

2) Go to the Buffett and eat

Then once I am done eating I begin to walk around the ship to get my bearings on the layout. Then it's time for more drinks, more food and just relax!

Walk on the ship and straight to the Lobby Bar for a drink or two!

2nd this. We have only done one Carnival but that was what we did and will be our future ritual. Royals ships are very nice inside but one thing they missed was a bar on the embarkation deck and in the atrium. The promenade ships have bars but not a central one like the Carnival ships do. We usually head to the pool bar on Royal but that is bumped to second on Carnival.

It'll be my first cruise so I don't have a tradition, but my tentative plan is to go to the pool and stake out some chairs, and then send the husband off to the grill for some lunch retrieval. Would that work?

We always have 4 cartons of soda with us so we go straight to our room and drop off the sodas and put them in the fridge to get cold, along with our carry-on luggage which is typically just a backpack. Then we go roam the ship looking at the different things on the ship.

It'll be my first cruise so I don't have a tradition, but my tentative plan is to go to the pool and stake out some chairs, and then send the husband off to the grill for some lunch retrieval. Would that work?

Absolutely!!!!! I think you will find some do the same thing. On embarkation day so many come to the ship at different times you shouldn't have a problem finding pool chairs.

Absolutely!!!!! I think you will find some do the same thing. On embarkation day so many come to the ship at different times you shouldn't have a problem finding pool chairs.

Excellent. In October it'll be too chilly to do so, but my kids would wear swimsuits to the airport if they could! Makes me think we could go to the local Best Western with a pool for a lot cheaper! ;)

We have always had FTTF but now that we are platinum we will do the same thing. Go straight to our cabins and breathe.

Then we head out for lunch. DH usually buys me my first drink and then we take in the ship.

We use to go to the rear of the ship and call our Moms right before we left. With both of us losing our Moms 5 months apart we will just say a prayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excellent. In October it'll be too chilly to do so, but my kids would wear swimsuits to the airport if they could! Makes me think we could go to the local Best Western with a pool for a lot cheaper! ;)

Where does it say on this thread where the embarkation port is? October in many ports will be very warm.

Where does it say on this thread where the embarkation port is? October in many ports will be very warm.

Notice it said "to the airport"...not "at the cruise port." I'm guessing they live in a cold weather area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drop off bags then the Atrium bar for the first cocktail

A chair in the atrium has my name on it. Bags at my feet; drink in my hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head up to Lido to first find a table at which to sit - then we go get a bite to eat, one at a time while the other ones sits at the table watching the carry on's.

After eating, we go to our cabin, drop things off - then explore! Wander back to the cabin before Muster to see if any luggage has been delivered....if so, unpack and get things organized.

Muster - then the sailaway party. Blue Iguana Tequila bar margarita special, or Funship special if no Blue Iguana on the ship.

So much fun!!

I like to be as close to the first one on the ship without paying for it. I grab a quick bite at the Wok and then plant myself by the pool. Most people don't wear bathing suits the first day so you kind of get the pool to yourself.

We usually get on and get a Funship Special for my wife, and a Thirsty Red Frog beer for me.

Go drop off our luggage and find a nice shaded spot to watch them load the ship. Its always fun to watch the pallets of things loaded onto the ship. Who would think we would need 3 pallets of just watermelons for a 5 day cruise!