Eurodam to Hawaii April 13 2019 - 20 night same price as 16 night

Lady Arwen

Just perusing cruises for 2019 and came across this one. 16 night disembarks in San Diego and then after another 4 nights disembarks in Vancouver. Those four nights are virtually free! Is this because U.S. passengers prefer to disembark in the U.S. as opposed to Canada? Really thinking about this one!

And if you have not been to Vancouver, you are in for a treat. We were there 2.5 days pre-cruise in late May of this year and it was wonderful. You will have no problem finding things to do for 4 days.

Thoughts....

• are they visiting the same Hawaiian ports/islands? Are there extra days on certain islands?
  • are they travelling the same week? Long weekends can see a demand surge.
  • Vancouver is a great bonus port to explore for a few days.

Thoughts....

• are they visiting the same Hawaiian ports/islands? Are there extra days on certain islands?
  • are they travelling the same week? Long weekends can see a demand surge.
  • Vancouver is a great bonus port to explore for a few days.

It's the same cruise not 2 different ones. It's just extended 4 days. Get off in San Diego on day 16 or get off 4 days later in Vancouver! Why would anyone get off in San Diego when they can stay on 4 more days for free????

It's the same cruise not 2 different ones. It's just extended 4 days. Get off in San Diego on day 16 or get off 4 days later in Vancouver! Why would anyone get off in San Diego when they can stay on 4 more days for free????

I agree! It's sweet to get four more days for only ~C$150 in port fees/taxes. Something to consider, for sure!

On a cruise I was on last year the 35 day cruise (ending in Seattle) and the 33 day cruise (ending in Vancouver) were the same price for oceanview cabins. Both were $4000 less than the 30 day cruise ending in San Diego. Go figure!

Sounds like it is the 4-day tack-on to reposition the Eurodam for the Alaska season. Same thing happened this April, but it was through the Panama Canal to San Diego and then you could either stay for the 4 day to Vancouver or get off in San Diego. And, they offered the 4-day as a mini-cruise fro San Diego to Vancouver for those who wanted a short getaway. I was supposed to take the San Diego-Vancouver leg, but had to cancel due my sweet dog's illness (he passed away 2 weeks after I got back - he would have spent a week alone in a kennel while I was gone - I chose to stay with him).

this is pretty standard.

When we did the 33 day getting off in Vancouver I think it was a whole dollar more than the 30 day ending in San Diego.

When I was on board, I commented on the deal and I was told by the staff that the ship prefers people stay on rather than put the staff through embarkation & disembarkation, etc. So, they offer the "lost leader" price in an attempt to lure those sailing to stay on til the end of the cruise.

The same was true for our Panama Canal that ended in Vancouver. Those that got off in San Diego were basically paying the same price as those that stayed on to Vancouver.

This sounds like a sweet deal which we'll look into as we are looking for a cruise to Hawaii in Apr or mar in 2019. Thanks for the heads up.

Allan

It's a great deal, Allan! My only concern is the cost of airfare. HAL's own air reservations can be a huge savings, but until I see it, we won't know.

this is pretty standard.

When we did the 33 day getting off in Vancouver I think it was a whole dollar more than the 30 day ending in San Diego.

When I was on board, I commented on the deal and I was told by the staff that the ship prefers people stay on rather than put the staff through embarkation & disembarkation, etc. So, they offer the "lost leader" price in an attempt to lure those sailing to stay on til the end of the cruise.

The same was true for our Panama Canal that ended in Vancouver. Those that got off in San Diego were basically paying the same price as those that stayed on to Vancouver.

Another thing to consider is that if you are hoping for an upsell offer first preference goes to those on the longest itinerary. Last fall we took a Mexican cruse from Vancouver of and were upsold to a Neptune Suite much to the chagrin of some fellow cruisers getting on in San Diego who were told the upsell offer was not yet being offered to them.