how strict are they on age in the bars?

Oh and First and Ten....I KNOW they break more important law/rules because they admit to speeding which is more important than don't go to adult areas under age. Of course speeding is just one example. I'm sure we could throw in lying, most are guilty of that as well at some point. As you like to repeat...it isn't a law, but it is a rule.

I think there is a different reasoning... I am not perfect and I have broken rules. most of the time not intentionally. Have I gone over the speed limit? yes but I try not to . I know breaking the rules is wrong and I do feel guilty about it.

The people who break the rules on these boards flaunt it... seem to think nothing is wrong with it, and knock others that say they should follow the rules.

I don't flaunt my mistakes and shortcomings, I don't teach others how to do things that are wrong , I dont post and brag about my shortcomings and things that are wrong and I don't berate others because I posted on a public forum about breaking the rules and they jumped on me.

Thats the biggest difference... If you publicly post about how you did something wrong (breaking laws OR rules is wrong on face value) and are happy about it, you deserve to get all the heat from people that DON'T think like that and will state it is WRONG and you should stop.

For the people compare the speeding as the same thing... If I speed AND I posted on a driving forum and I told people how to do it... I deserve to get the heat that I will definitely get.

I wouldn't say I'm flaunting it. I have never posted anything on this or any board on how to break the rules and get away from it. I simply answered the OP's question that was about being underage in adult areas.

I haven't berated anyone. Also because I can admit my faults doesn't mean I'm bragging about it. Actually that makes me likely more open to correcting any faults, some need to learn how to do that.

Of course you are not perfect, no one is. Someone finally gets at least that part. Congrats!

Don't worry I won't cry if I catch the heat from people :') I'm an adult and I can handle myself.

I wouldn't say I'm flaunting it. I have never posted anything on this or any board on how to break the rules and get away from it. I simply answered the OP's question that was about being underage in adult areas.

I haven't berated anyone. Also because I can admit my faults doesn't mean I'm bragging about it. Actually that makes me likely more open to correcting any faults, some need to learn how to do that.

Of course you are not perfect, no one is. Someone finally gets at least that part. Congrats!

Don't worry I won't cry if I catch the heat from people :') I'm an adult and I can handle myself.

as you just said...

Did I specifically say kc58ab is who I'm talking about? No I didn't. I said "people". But hey, if you feel like it applies to you, feel free to apply to yourself. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

How I know? Well let me see, bc some are pretty vocal about it in their post. If they weren't being self righteous, judgmental, or a hypocrite then they would acknowledge that while they don't like what I do it isn't any worse than what they do. But some instead seem like bc they don't supposedly ever break a rule/law on a cruise that makes them somehow more moral, which is totally absurd.

Did I specifically say First and Ten is who I'm talking about? No I didn't. I said "some". But hey, if you feel like it applies to you, feel free to apply to yourself. ;)

No, you did not specify me. I used "I" when I should have said "some", my bad for that. I have been very vocal about my opinion (oh, there's a bombshell admission, ya think [emoji13]). So have you

I have used the terms "selfish" and "entitled". Let's be clear, I wouldn't call a person who mistakenly breaks a rule due to lack of familiarity/ignorance of the situation, etc as selfish or entitled. My issue is with those, knowing the rules, knowing the situation will do it anyway due to the fact that "it's MY vacation and I will do what I want" I consider that a selfish and entitled mindset. The cherry on top is there is no humility. They brag and justify it. Because they don't like the rule or agree with it, they shouldn't have to follow it. You see it all over the place on CC, for example

"I paid for cheers and I am not going to drink 15 drinks, so it's ok to share some drinks"

"I paid for my vacation just like you did, and I am going to wear what I want when I want in the MDR"

"I know the sign and announcements say 18+, but my kid is mature and I want them with me because it's my vacation"

(Those are not actual quotes verbatim, I was trying to represent general arguments)

as you just said...

Did I specifically say kc58ab is who I'm talking about? No I didn't. I said "people". But hey, if you feel like it applies to you, feel free to apply to yourself. clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Actually you said, and I quote:

The people who break the rules on these boards flaunt

I was merely saying I don't do that or some of the other things you mentioned.

Hey points for originality though...not wait...that was me not you who said it first :')

No, you did not specify me. I used "I" when I should have said "some", my bad for that. I have been very vocal about my opinion (oh, there's a bombshell admission, ya think [emoji13]). So have you

I have used the terms "selfish" and "entitled". Let's be clear, I wouldn't call a person who mistakenly breaks a rule due to lack of familiarity/ignorance of the situation, etc as selfish or entitled. My issue is with those, knowing the rules, knowing the situation will do it anyway due to the fact that "it's MY vacation and I will do what I want" I consider that a selfish and entitled mindset. The cherry on top is there is no humility. They brag and justify it. Because they don't like the rule or agree with it, they shouldn't have to follow it. You see it all over the place on CC, for example

"I paid for cheers and I am not going to drink 15 drinks, so it's ok to share some drinks"

"I paid for my vacation just like you did, and I am going to wear what I want when I want in the MDR"

"I know the sign and announcements say 18+, but my kid is mature and I want them with me because it's my vacation"

(Those are not actual quotes verbatim, I was trying to represent general arguments)

Well thanks for that admittance I suppose. I guess the good thing is I haven't done any of your quotes. As I said before I didn't realize the FAQ on the website (that I hadn't read until someone posted here) were part of the agreement.

I will also say I don't care what someone wears to the MDR, or if they are underage in adult areas, or what they do with cheers or bubbles. It isn't my business when it doesn't affect me.

I bet SOME PEOPLE would have a better time as someone earlier stated if they would pull the stick out, worry about themselves, and stop trying to police everything that they cannot control.

Some find it offensive, I don't care about what doesn't affect me so greatly, that is why I'm probably happier than them.

Actually you said, and I quote:

The people who break the rules on these boards flaunt

I was merely saying I don't do that or some of the other things you mentioned.

Hey points for originality though...not wait...that was me not you who said it first :')

you made a point about people who were defending the rules and I wanted to give a point of view from that standpoint but I was not directing it to you. I did say 'the people who break the rules on these boards flaunt ' but I think its obvious that I didnt mean every person on this board so unless you feel guilty, there is no reason to try to defend yourself from the comments. The people who DO flaunt it, know they do and will recognize themselves. its all over these boards. AS first and ten pointed out.

Oh and First and Ten....I KNOW they break more important law/rules because they admit to speeding which is more important than don't go to adult areas under age. Of course speeding is just one example. I'm sure we could throw in lying, most are guilty of that as well at some point. As you like to repeat...it isn't a law, but it is a rule.

I want to understand the logic....Said person has went over the speed limit numerous times during their life as a driver (let's assume all drivers have at one point or another....we agree?) so your argument is you shouldn't be criticized for breaking a ship rule of comedy club/serenity deck/etc because at one time somebody else did something more egregious....you know I am going to take this to the extreme....there have been some wacky posts on CC. What if a poster started a thread that they like going on cruises because they get to increase their costume jewelry collection from taking it off unattended lounge chairs (I told you, I am really reaching). I mean your logic, how can I possibly criticize this person for stealing a $20 bracelet when I myself have sped? I mean the speeding ticket may have amounted to $200. This person stole a few bracelets worth $50....No big deal, right?

Well said, and its what I am trying to say too...

you made a point about people who were defending the rules and I wanted to give a point of view from that standpoint but I was not directing it to you. I did say 'the people who break the rules on these boards flaunt ' but I think its obvious that I didnt mean every person on this board so unless you feel guilty, there is no reason to try to defend yourself from the comments. The people who DO flaunt it, know they do and will recognize themselves. its all over these boards. AS first and ten pointed out.

Wait.. I thought you liked black and white, no gray. You don't when it applies to you?

I was stating the fact that you said "the people who break the rules on these boards flaunt" and that is not correct. I did break the rules, but I haven't flaunted it.

It is okay, I don't like to be wrong either. ;)

Wait.. I thought you liked black and white, no gray. You don't when it applies to you?

I was stating the fact that you said "the people who break the rules on these boards flaunt" and that is not correct. I did break the rules, but I haven't flaunted it.

It is okay, I don't like to be wrong either. ;)

rules are black and white. conversations can always be gray and usually are

(I dont like to be wrong either ;p )

Well thanks for that admittance I suppose. I guess the good thing is I haven't done any of your quotes. As I said before I didn't realize the FAQ on the website (that I hadn't read until someone posted here) were part of the agreement.

I will also say I don't care what someone wears to the MDR, or if they are underage in adult areas, or what they do with cheers or bubbles. It isn't my business when it doesn't affect me.

I bet SOME PEOPLE would have a better time as someone earlier stated if they would pull the stick out, worry about themselves, and stop trying to police everything that they cannot control.

Some find it offensive, I don't care about what doesn't affect me so greatly, that is why I'm probably happier than them.

Again, it's not just about YOU.

The MDR dress code threads can get rather.........intense [emoji11]

Now on cruise Elegant evenings, you can't wear jeans or shorts....that is the rule. While you may have the mindset of you don't care what other people wear, some posters apparently do (one poster claims he/she will go to the MD and request the rules be enforced). Who are you to arbitrarily decide what people should and should not worry about. While some of the mindset of "it's MY vacation", the reality is it's 3000 other people's vacation to. More people need to realize it isn't just about them

I want to understand the logic....Said person has went over the speed limit numerous times during their life as a driver (let's assume all drivers have at one point or another....we agree?) so your argument is you shouldn't be criticized for breaking a ship rule of comedy club/serenity deck/etc because at one time somebody else did something more egregious....you know I am going to take this to the extreme....there have been some wacky posts on CC. What if a poster started a thread that they like going on cruises because they get to increase their costume jewelry collection from taking it off unattended lounge chairs (I told you, I am really reaching). I mean your logic, how can I possibly criticize this person for stealing a $20 bracelet when I myself have sped? I mean the speeding ticket may have amounted to $200. This person stole a few bracelets worth $50....No big deal, right?

Oh First and Ten...SMH. Yes, we can agree on most if not all have sped. I'll even add in lied so again we have a rule and a law. No, I haven't said I shouldn't be criticized for breaking a rule or law. I'm fine if people would like to state it broke the rules. What I don't like is the arrogance that they don't do the same. That they are more moral, better parent, or somehow less flawed as a human.

For a change of examples...it reminds me when I got pregnant at 19. Many people judged me openly about it. How wrong I was. How I wasn't as moral as them. That it somehow that made me promiscuous. The point they failed to realize was most were just as guilty, they just weren't caught where the whole world knew they had premarital sex. Some even had been with many, many more people than I had as well, but somehow they thought they were somehow better.

This type of thinking is what I don't like. That clear it up?

Edited by kc58ab

Again, it's not just about YOU.

The MDR dress code threads can get rather.........intense [emoji11]

Now on cruise Elegant evenings, you can't wear jeans or shorts....that is the rule. While you may have the mindset of you don't care what other people wear, some posters apparently do (one poster claims he/she will go to the MD and request the rules be enforced). Who are you to arbitrarily decide what people should and should not worry about. While some of the mindset of "it's MY vacation", the reality is it's 3000 other people's vacation to. More people need to realize it isn't just about them

I'm confused...where in this did I imply it was just about me? I'm not trying to decide what ppl should or shouldn't worry about. They would likely be less stressed and happier though if they didn't was my point in case you didn't catch that.

rules are black and white. conversations can always be gray and usually are

(I dont like to be wrong either ;p )

Just don't flaunt that you don't like to be wrong ;)

They do say in many self help programs that admittance is the first step haha...

For a change of examples...it reminds me when I got pregnant at 19. Many people judged me openly about it. How wrong I was. How I wasn't as moral as them. That it somehow that made me promiscuous. The point they failed to realize was most were just as guilty, they just weren't caught were the whole world knew they have premarital sex. Some even had been with many, many more people than I had as well, but somehow they thought they were somehow better.

it doesnt clear anything up for me. No rule or law that said you couldnt get pregnant. If it was the apples to apples it would have been against some rule or law and you then would have posted it on some media telling everyone how you broke the rule or law and how to get away with it for everyone. so... I dont see the comparison.

I dont see it as breaking the rules or not. I see it as people not caring that they do, feel entitled to, dont care that it could affect others EVEN if they dont think so and are proud of breaking the rule or law as if its a prize

Now before you say you dont do this... I am not directing this to any specific person but IF you think this fits you and you feel the need to defend yourself... feel free.

you keep talking about people that say they have never broke any rule or law. I have yet to see one post that people actually say that they never broke a rule or law. if you could find one person saying that I would appreciate it.

Oh First and Ten...SMH. Yes, we can agree on most if not all have sped. I'll even add in lied so again we have a rule and a law. No, I haven't said I shouldn't be criticized for breaking a rule or law. I'm fine if people would like to state it broke the rules. What I don't like is the arrogance that they don't do the same. That they are more moral, better parent, or somehow less flawed as a human.

For a change of examples...it reminds me when I got pregnant at 19. Many people judged me openly about it. How wrong I was. How I wasn't as moral as them. That it somehow that made me promiscuous. The point they failed to realize was most were just as guilty, they just weren't caught were the whole world knew they have premarital sex. Some even had been with many, many more people than I had as well, but somehow they thought they were somehow better.

Good post, I like it

Agree, getting pregnant at 19 does not make someone promiscuous

If I may add that someone getting pregnant (at any age) while being tapped by multiple partners would make that person (not saying you, just in general) "promiscuous". (There are so many other better descriptive words that can be used rather than promiscuous, but I am not giving the mods an easy reason to slap me down [emoji23])

it doesnt clear anything up for me. No rule or law that said you couldnt get pregnant. If it was the apples to apples it would have been against some rule or law and you then would have posted it on some media telling everyone how you broke the rule or law and how to get away with it for everyone. so... I dont see the comparison.

I dont see it as breaking the rules or not. I see it as people not caring that they do, feel entitled to, dont care that it could affect others EVEN if they dont think so and are proud of breaking the rule or law as if its a prize

Now before you say you dont do this... I am not directing this to any specific person but IF you think this fits you and you feel the need to defend yourself... feel free.

you keep talking about people that say they have never broke any rule or law. I have yet to see one post that people actually say that they never broke a rule or law. if you could find one person saying that I would appreciate it.

Well this prob is going to be dangerous ground, but what the heck. Premarital sex did break rules in my household, maybe your parents were all about free love idk. Also it breaks law if you believe in God.

I'm pretty sure you can scroll up and find one I recall say they didn't break any rules/laws on a cruise like that is some great moral accomplishment. Also pretty sure some have said several times I'm assuming there might be people who have not broken a rule or law. Not to mention it seems apparent that some imply at best they are more moral to which I'm trying to show they are not.

Not sure what you don't get...

Good post, I like it

Agree, getting pregnant at 19 does not make someone promiscuous

If I may add that someone getting pregnant (at any age) while being tapped by multiple partners would make that person (not saying you, just in general) "promiscuous". (There are so many other better descriptive words that can be used rather than promiscuous, but I am not giving the mods an easy reason to slap me down [emoji23])

I too am trying not to break any "rules" on the board with my words. I must be cured of my entitled, selfish ways thanks to this thread (sarcasm implied for those who don't get it). :')

Not sure what you don't get...

your scenario about you getting pregnant while can be an interesting road (I have no issues with it, not that you would care about that) is not the same as someone breaking a cruise line rule. If there is a comparison and you say it was a family rule, then to make it comparable you would have had to post it on a family group forum and flaunt it without care of how anyone felt.

People break rules. no doubt. My issue with some on this forum is not specifically that people broke a rule but that they have to feel the need to flaunt it and post it like some badge of honor and do not give any care about how it might affect anyone else because its 'their vacation'

the entitled personality is what I feel the need to respond to. Everyone in my opinion has broken a rule. that in and of itself is not someone that will cause this many posts on a thread. its the people that come in and say that its ok (its not) and it doesnt affect anyone (most of the time it does) and that they frankly dont care. The actual thought of breaking a rule and feeling the need to post about it boggles my mind.

your scenario about you getting pregnant while can be an interesting road (I have no issues with it, not that you would care about that) is not the same as someone breaking a cruise line rule. If there is a comparison and you say it was a family rule, then to make it comparable you would have had to post it on a family group forum and flaunt it without care of how anyone felt.

People break rules. no doubt. My issue with some on this forum is not specifically that people broke a rule but that they have to feel the need to flaunt it and post it like some badge of honor and do not give any care about how it might affect anyone else because its 'their vacation'

the entitled personality is what I feel the need to respond to. Everyone in my opinion has broken a rule. that in and of itself is not someone that will cause this many posts on a thread. its the people that come in and say that its ok (its not) and it doesnt affect anyone (most of the time it does) and that they frankly dont care. The actual thought of breaking a rule and feeling the need to post about it boggles my mind.

Pretty sure there weren't boards online to frequent to post about my teenage pregnancy at the time. But wait...if I go do that now it would make this a valid comparison and I can use it according to you? :')

You are right, I wouldn't care what you thought about me and my pregnancy, then or now.

I didn't try to compare teenage pregnancy to breaking rules on a cruise. Seriously please slow down and reread. I SAID I was using that as another example of what I don't like about people acting more righteous or moral, etc.

Again for the record I have not flaunted breaking the rules, tried to teach somehow how to, started a thread about breaking rules, or randomly threw in a post hey I broke this rule look at me. What I DID do was answer the OP's question about being underage in the adult areas. Then people felt the need to tell me I'm wrong, apparently that I'm Satan bc of it, and how they don't do that I shouldn't either. Since I replied to specific people who have specifically quoted my posts in response. Please do with some facts explain how bc this post is long that is my fault and that proves I'm selfish, flaunting, or entitled. You do realize I'm not just posting pages talking to myself right? Seriously...you have to be kidding on some of this....

What I DID do was answer the OP's question about being underage in the adult areas. Then people felt the need to tell me I'm wrong, apparently that I'm Satan bc of it, and how they don't do that I shouldn't either. Since I replied to specific people who have specifically quoted my posts in response. Please do with some facts explain how bc this post is long that is my fault and that proves I'm selfish, flaunting, or entitled. You do realize I'm not just posting pages talking to myself right? Seriously...you have to be kidding on some of this....

I never ever ever ever ever implied this was you and I wasnt even directly talking about this thread so please back it up a bit. I have NO issue with you at all and NO issue with this thread and I actually think this conversation has been very beneficial.

Its many of these threads that the reason they are so long is because of the people that felt entitled and dont care how it affects others. NOT YOU! NOT YOU (duplicated in case the first one was not enough)

I find your debate intelligent and engaging and the only way things like this can be discussed and opened is by conversations like this. this conversation is healthy and I definitely appreciate your views (but not necessarily agree)

You keep defending yourself but I never ever ever ever pointed at you and I do not think you are the issue or the problem at all.

I think my concern are the people that feel entitled to break rules without any care about anyone else (NOT YOU NOT YOU) and I think that your issues are people that feel they never break rules and feel they are higher or more important that anyone else (I dont see that in my but others might disagree)

Again - not you... not your posts... not your opinions... not you at all..

If its implied I am directing this to you... I apologize. then I have not been clear

I never ever ever ever ever implied this was you and I wasnt even directly talking about this thread so please back it up a bit. I have NO issue with you at all and NO issue with this thread and I actually think this conversation has been very beneficial.

Its many of these threads that the reason they are so long is because of the people that felt entitled and dont care how it affects others. NOT YOU! NOT YOU (duplicated in case the first one was not enough)

I find your debate intelligent and engaging and the only way things like this can be discussed and opened is by conversations like this. this conversation is healthy and I definitely appreciate your views (but not necessarily agree)

You keep defending yourself but I never ever ever ever pointed at you and I do not think you are the issue or the problem at all.

I think my concern are the people that feel entitled to break rules without any care about anyone else (NOT YOU NOT YOU) and I think that your issues are people that feel they never break rules and feel they are higher or more important that anyone else (I dont see that in my but others might disagree)

Again - not you... not your posts... not your opinions... not you at all..

If its implied I am directing this to you... I apologize. then I have not been clear

To explain though I took it you may have been implying me in your rule breakers do this and that while quoting my post. I have admitted I broke the rules, so therefore in a blanket statement of rule breakers...blah blah I'm going to going to translate that as kc58ab you blah blah.

Getting somewhere here, I think. Yes, my problem is the attitude of superior morality of the supposed non rule breakers.

I agree breaking rules that negatively affect someone else and not caring isn't thoughtful, unselfish, etc. I don't think my rule breaking on the cruise did that. There weren't anyone walking away from the Serenity deck or Comedy while I was there with underage kids. But in all fairness if we talk about being thoughtful, caring, etc then you cannot go grab a Serenity chair all day and not care others don't get an opportunity to enjoy the area at all either. More of the same rambling sorry....just saying we all break rules, none are unselfish always, we are all flawed.

• 2 weeks later...
The answer to your question is - "It's my vacation, and I will do what I want, justifying it any which way, providing it means that I will do what I want and if anyone doesn't like it, than too bad".

Would u feel the same way if your 17 year old was hanging out at a bar downtown ??

Sent from my iPad using Forums