how strict are they on age in the bars?

I don't complain that I don't get to make sand art or color t-shirts in camp even though I pay the same price. Because that's for kids. Leave the adults to have their thing as per the cruise ticket contract that has been previously posted.

Can you imagine how irate parents would be if they discovered their young child was sharing a playtime with a random adult on the ship who decided that they were going to try the kid's club? Beyond creepy. It would NEVER happen. But somehow, we 'allow' the young ones to experience the adult experience more readily. I don't know why this is.

I'll say it again louder for those in the back :p

I think it is pretty easy to see say 16 and 18 would enjoy similar entertainment. Probably not that way with say a 16 yr old and 6 yr old.

And even more odd for a 40 year old wanting to partake in elementary age children entertainment.

I would however love to know how you compute you are not as selfish or entitled as me. For the 100th time probably, I'm not taking my kids to either place bc I feel entitled, but it is worth the risk of consequences. Consequences that we would have to leave if questioned. Again acts that didn't affect anyone else negatively.

Be fair, i did quantify my opinion of you with what i have to go on, just these posts....based on that extremely limited sample size, i can say i am not nearly as selfish or entitled as you because i wouldnt take my kids into the 18+ Comedy show or the Serenity Deck if they were not of appropriate age....The selfish part comes into play where i am guessing your kids didnt drive the desire for these events, it was you as the parent who wanted to do it. You already have said that you didnt let your 17 yr old daughter roam the ship alone. You want to see the comedy show, you dont want to leave her unattended....guess what, instead of doing something else, you decide to break the rules, take her into the show....That is selfish on your part.

Earlier post indicated because YOU didnt want to get splashed and you wanted a quieter environment, you took your under 21 daughter to the Serenity Deck....Again, it was about what you wanted. Your needs and wants above anything else = selfish

Can i honestly say i wouldnt have done those things....yes i can. Based on just that small sample is why i stated i am less selfish and entitled than you

Good post

16 yr old in the Comedy Club taking up seats meant for allowed patrons, response is "No big deal, let the other people stand, as long as me and my family get what we want on our vacation, then i dont care about anyone else"

18 yr old on the Serenity Deck, taking up chairs and loungers for the allowed over 21 crowd, same parent will say "Well i want to go to the Serenity Deck and i didnt want my 18 yr old alone....we got here first, so if people who got here later dont get a seat, not my problem"

The same parent picking up their 8 yr old from the kids camp sees a 40 yr old passenger fingerpainting with this parents child, i am wondering if that parents response will be "That 40 yr old paid his fare and should be able to do what he/she wants and if that means fingerpainting with my child, i have no issue with that"

LOL, that aint happening....That same parent that knowing broke the rules to benefit them would be screaming at every ship official he/she could find

This will probably start a whole new debate, oh well I don't mind a healthy debate obviously. Although I will say up front that however you choose to parent your child (within obviously laws of welfare) is your business.

I can say, since I'm pretty certain this is pointed towards me, that it wouldn't be a problem for me. Why? Because the only cruise I went on when my kids where little, they were 4 and 7, we didn't used Camp C and all the babysitting options zero times. That is correct zero. I have never left either of my small children (outside of school) with anyone that wasn't family. I did not go on vacation and have my children babysat. That is why we didn't cruise for 10 years after that first experience, bc it is hard to do what you want to do with little children without leaving them in daycare. I don't trust any stranger with my child, but that is just me.

Be fair, i did quantify my opinion of you with what i have to go on, just these posts....based on that extremely limited sample size, i can say i am not nearly as selfish or entitled as you because i wouldnt take my kids into the 18+ Comedy show or the Serenity Deck if they were not of appropriate age....The selfish part comes into play where i am guessing your kids didnt drive the desire for these events, it was you as the parent who wanted to do it. You already have said that you didnt let your 17 yr old daughter roam the ship alone. You want to see the comedy show, you dont want to leave her unattended....guess what, instead of doing something else, you decide to break the rules, take her into the show....That is selfish on your part.

Earlier post indicated because YOU didnt want to get splashed and you wanted a quieter environment, you took your under 21 daughter to the Serenity Deck....Again, it was about what you wanted. Your needs and wants above anything else = selfish

Can i honestly say i wouldnt have done those things....yes i can. Based on just that small sample is why i stated i am less selfish and entitled than you

That is where you are wrong. I didn't make my children go when they didn't want to go. Guess what when I took my 17 year old daughter to the Serenity area my 14 year of son didn't go. I didn't make him go, he instead did something with his father. I went there with my daughter bc she wanted to lay out. And yes I wasn't going to let her do that alone. My 16 year old son on another cruise wanted to go to the comedy one he went to. He didn't want to go to the 2nd show, so him and I left and my husband and daughter went to the 2nd show. It wasn't done for selfish reasons for me and subjecting my kids to something they didn't want to do.

Keep assuming, you know the rest obviously....

Don't they announce the shows is for 18+ at the begging of the show. Isn't that Carnivals polite way of asking those under 18 to leave. I have seen them card the audience I have also seen the comedians ask teens to leave.

Also some of the comedy is not eluded to but in your face. I would not be comfortable with my son at 21+ sitting next to me.

Oh and I am a rule follower as far a speeding yes I speed but in the traffic I drive in some times not speeding (going with the flow of traffic) is more dangerous.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

That is where you are wrong. I didn't make my children go when they didn't want to go. Guess what when I took my 17 year old daughter to the Serenity area my 14 year of son didn't go. I didn't make him go, he instead did something with his father. I went there with my daughter bc she wanted to lay out. And yes I wasn't going to let her do that alone. My 16 year old son on another cruise wanted to go to the comedy one he went to. He didn't want to go to the 2nd show, so him and I left and my husband and daughter went to the 2nd show. It wasn't done for selfish reasons for me and subjecting my kids to something they didn't want to do.

Keep assuming, you know the rest obviously....

So i ask you, why did she have to lay out on the Serenity deck? Is the sun better on the Serenity Deck than anywhere else on the ship? There are hundreds, if not 1000+ lounge chairs on the main deck and PLENTY of chairs away from the pool so you didnt get splashed, why the Serenity Deck?

Don't they announce the shows is for 18+ at the begging of the show. Isn't that Carnivals polite way of asking those under 18 to leave. I have seen them card the audience I have also seen the comedians ask teens to leave.

Also some of the comedy is not eluded to but in your face. I would not be comfortable with my son at 21+ sitting next to me.

Oh and I am a rule follower as far a speeding yes I speed but in the traffic I drive in some times not speeding (going with the flow of traffic) is more dangerous.

I have too seen them card people and ask them to leave. And if that had happened I would have gladly left.

I'm certain my mother and father wouldn't be comfortable sitting next to me today in the comedy shows either. Maybe it is related to generational. They didn't talk about sex, precautions or anything. It was just don't do it until you are married and don't talk about.

I have a very open conversations with my children. They are very comfortable coming to me about anything. I'm willing answer questions about anything. Not that it has always been comfortable for me on some of the questions, but it paid off, I would rather they got the correct information from me.

I have too seen them card people and ask them to leave. And if that had happened I would have gladly left.

I'm certain my mother and father wouldn't be comfortable sitting next to me today in the comedy shows either. Maybe it is related to generational. They didn't talk about sex, precautions or anything. It was just don't do it until you are married and don't talk about.

I have a very open conversations with my children. They are very comfortable coming to me about anything. I'm willing answer questions about anything. Not that it has always been comfortable for me on some of the questions, but it paid off, I would rather they got the correct information from me.

What if the information you were giving them wasnt correct? :confused:

So i ask you, why did she have to lay out on the Serenity deck? Is the sun better on the Serenity Deck than anywhere else on the ship? There are hundreds, if not 1000+ lounge chairs on the main deck and PLENTY of chairs away from the pool so you didnt get splashed, why the Serenity Deck?

We didn't have to, but the chairs there are much more comfortable there. Like I said I guarantee if you saw her at 17 you would have guessed her to be over 21. I cannot tell you how many times when we have went to lunch waiters have asked if she wanted to order a drink. Of course she didn't. I'm pretty certain no one was upset by her being there, bc no one suspected she wasn't 21.

I think it is pretty easy to see say 16 and 18 would enjoy similar entertainment. Probably not that way with say a 16 yr old and 6 yr old.

And even more odd for a 40 year old wanting to partake in elementary age children entertainment.

Lol! You do make a good argument.... but I am going to reply from the back. Hope you can hear me😉

I feel like people are rationalizing their choice to slip their older (but still technically underage) children into activities that are specifically geared toward adults. I am no saint. I have done it myself and regretted it.

The time I chose to take my older teen into an adult venue was a selfish mistake. I wanted her with me.

There is no good reason to expose kids to more than they are 'rated for'!

Lol! You do make a good argument.... but I am going to reply from the back. Hope you can hear me😉

I feel like people are rationalizing their choice to slip their older (but still technically underage) children into activities that are specifically geared toward adults. I am no saint. I have done it myself and regretted it.

The time I chose to take my older teen into an adult venue was a selfish mistake. I wanted her with me.

There is no good reason to expose kids to more than they are 'rated for'!

:D I figured you may not have seen my reply to a similar question to yours so I was repeating. I've also already answered to your other questions, feel free to scroll up and hit me up with a new one.

We didn't have to, but the chairs there are much more comfortable there. Like I said I guarantee if you saw her at 17 you would have guessed her to be over 21. I cannot tell you how many times when we have went to lunch waiters have asked if she wanted to order a drink. Of course she didn't. I'm pretty certain no one was upset by her being there, bc no one suspected she wasn't 21.

So she looked older, then that makes it ok? What if she looked 12, but had the same maturity level, does that matter or no? My point is you walk past a sign that says "Serenity - 21 and older" and you were like "Ah screw it, i want a comfy chair"

What if the information you were giving them wasnt correct? :confused:

Well I'm willing to bet that my information or advice was better than their friends that they would have likely asked instead if they didn't feel comfortable coming to me.

The point is my kids weren't forced to go to comedy and be uncomfortable. If I was selfish and just wanted my vacation to be about me one I wouldn't have cared if they did their own thing the whole time. AND I wouldn't have been laying out to begin with, bc I'm pale and burn as am not a sun goddess.

So she looked older, then that makes it ok? What if she looked 12, but had the same maturity level, does that matter or no? My point is you walk past a sign that says "Serenity - 21 and older" and you were like "Ah screw it, i want a comfy chair"

That would certainly be strange for someone to be 12 and look 21. I would have to see that to believe it.

What my point is you seem all bent out of shape that I had my 17 year old in Serenity area one cruise for idk about an hour and half and no one was upset when it happened bc no one thought she shouldn't be there.

She was in Serenity area on another cruise too, as matter of fact several ppl were chatting with us in the pool in that area on the Freedom and guess what no one even questioned her age. If they had, and were upset about it we would have again gladly left.

I wish kc58ab and First and Ten would take their argument to the other room. Enough already. [emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What other room? Am I missing out of something here lol.

Don't worry we won't make you uncomfortable and force you to read this chain. ;p

One thing I have learned from this thread... there are people out there that will say anything and argue everything. It's been fun to follow along 😉

Yes, I have to say, this has been very entertaining. I guess some parents have no restrictions on where their little Sally and Sam want to go, or their parents take them.

So next time I want to go to a "blue" movie, nude beach, any XXX rated show, (Not my thing, thank you), because little Sally and Sam can "handle" it. I will gladly give up my seat for their enjoyment.

Sorry,

Oh don't assume it's generational. I always have Frank and open discussions with my son about everything. I just would not want to sit there with him while they are a lot more explicit​ I hesitate to say crud about it. Like you aren't offended at a nude painting until you realize it your mother and the guy standing next to you says something about hitting that. When the say 18+ they should not have to card you. What happened to the honor system.

That would certainly be strange for someone to be 12 and look 21. I would have to see that to believe it.

What my point is you seem all bent out of shape that I had my 17 year old in Serenity area one cruise for idk about an hour and half and no one was upset when it happened bc no one thought she shouldn't be there.

She was in Serenity area on another cruise too, as matter of fact several ppl were chatting with us in the pool in that area on the Freedom and guess what no one even questioned her age. If they had, and were upset about it we would have again gladly left.

You missed my point....you claim that your daughter at the time was 17 but looked 21+. My question was intended to be taken what if she was 17 and looked 12....if that is to much of a stretch, lets say she looked 14.....she looked younger than her age at the time which was 17....I may be reading into your post incorrectly, but i am taking it that since in your mind she "looked" 21, its ok for her to be there? Where i am going with this is, your daughter being on the Serenity deck for 90 minutes, did it shake the rule structure of the cruise industry, of course not. You do have to take it to the other side of the spectrum tho....another cruiser has a 16 yr old that is well behaved....what about the 14 yr old that is exceptionally mature, they ok to? Oh heck, my 10 yr old will just sit on his ipod in a seat and not bother anyone.....and so on and so on....to the extreme, there is essentially no Serenity deck anymore. We can debate that the Age limit/restriction is arbitrary, but i will answer that there are many rules/laws are based on a number, Age. This isnt just limited to Cruise ship rules, this is society in general

All that being said....I personally am a Serenity fan....i love it....when i cruise, i am up at 7 am on sea days securing 2 spots, typically 2 prime spots and that is where we hang out all day. Honestly, if you and your mature 17 yr old daughter walked over and said are these 2 seats taken, would i ask for her ID....lol.....no. If we struck up a conversation and you said "well my daughter isnt 21, dont tell anyone", am I calling over the Carnival Serenity police.....nah, that aint happening. I guess we just differ on the mindset of how this played out

Perhaps CC should set up a section for all threads that fit the category "Here's why and how I'm going to break a rule; please pat me on the back for my ingenuity and ability to rationalize, please don't break any rules yourselves that might negatively impact me, and please don't respond if you don't agree with me."

The pattern is amazingly consistent and all such threads could be grouped together and easy to find when someone just wants to browse the site for the sake of being entertained.

Maybe CC could conduct a poll to see what to name the section. Some ideas might include:

*Entitled Cruisers

*It's My Vacation

*My Kids Aren't Your Typical ___ Year Old Kids

*I Paid My Money and Expect the Cruise Line to Abide by It's Obligations But Everything Else is Merely a Suggestion.

Other ideas are welcome.

I wish kc58ab and First and Ten would take their argument to the other room. Enough already. [emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My apologies Gold Mine....i didnt realize my back and forth banter with KC had this subliminal power to make you click on and read this thread....i didnt realize i was forcing you to be here ;)

Sorry,

Oh don't assume it's generational. I always have Frank and open discussions with my son about everything. I just would not want to sit there with him while they are a lot more explicit​ I hesitate to say crud about it. Like you aren't offended at a nude painting until you realize it your mother and the guy standing next to you says something about hitting that. When the say 18+ they should not have to card you. What happened to the honor system.

I didn't assume. I believe I used the words "maybe related to". If that isn't the case for you, cool.

I've been to quite a few of the comedy routines and I cannot say I've ever heard any of them say something in gross detail or about things they didn't already know at 16. As I already said we have always picked seats in the back, as I would at comedy show off the cruise.

Nude painting or the subject of sex is natural. It is part of life. I don't hope my children are ashamed of their bodies or embarrassed to enjoy sex (at the right age, etc).

Now some of the examples like the XXX movie isn't even close. Watching it and jokes about sex are not the same thing.