Breakfast and Lunch in MDR

ScotBrit17

Travelling on Equinox in August. What are the choices like for breakfast and lunch in MDR. Also is seating just like Select where you ask for a table for 2, 4 or whatever or agree to sit at a large table with others.

You can ask for your own table during either breakfast or lunch but they will ask if you would be agreeable to sharing a table with others.

For breakfast, you will be able to choose from omelets, eggs benedict, eggs cooked your way, sides including breakfast meats (bacon, sausage, etc), potatoes, mushrooms, etc

French toast, oatmeal, fruit plate ... the regular suspects ... it sometimes closes up early when in port.

For lunch, they have burgers, a pasta dish, fish, salads, appetizers, desserts, etc. It's usually pretty good but believe it is only available on sea days.

For lunch, they have burgers, a pasta dish, fish, salads, appetizers, desserts, etc. It's usually pretty good but believe it is only available on sea days.

Is the lunch menu the same every sea day or does it change like the dinner menu does?

Is the lunch menu the same every sea day or does it change like the dinner menu does?

The lunch menu in the MDR did change. I did enjoy being served and the portions were perfect for lunch. Loved having a window seat.

The menu changes daily,

Fishlover, what was indelible? The salad? The sandwich? An entree? More information would be helpful.

we tried the flatbread (cold and ;literally like cardboard, couldn't even cut it with a knife), burger (cold hockey puck cold not bite through it) and my mom had a sandwich that was on stale bread. Did not go beyond that.

We have been on cruises with both good and lousy food in the MDR. This has happened on Celebrity...and a few other lines. Our conclusion is that the quality of food depends more on the galley staff (Executive Chef, Chef du Cuisine, cooks, etc) then on the quality of the ingredients. We have actually cruised on the same vessel a few times when the quality of the food varied in a major way...from year to year. On one long cruise (I think it was HAL) we had a major change of senior galley staff part way through the cruise. Almost immediately, there were major changes in the quality of what was served in the MDR. But when it comes to X, we agree with some of the other posts (and threads) that the overall quality of their cuisine, has been in a downward spiral since LLP became the CEO. Whether this is deliberate, or a coincidence is anyone's guess.

Hank

The lunch menu in the MDR did change. I did enjoy being served and the portions were perfect for lunch. Loved having a window seat.

The menu changes, but it is on a short rotation. I think there are only about four or five different ones. I only noticed this because there were a lot of sea days on our last cruise, and I was waiting for my favourite menu to come back around!

Last cruise we decided to give room service a go several days for lunch as I had some mobility issues. Normally we love the lunch buffet, especially the Indian selection where you can have lots of flavour but cut back on volume!

We were pleasantly surprised, the soup was tasty and hot, other meals were perfectly acceptable and they were delivered promptly. Just another option...

It's been 3 years since my last HAL cruise and my wife and I always have breakfast and lunch in the MDR (the Lido as HAL calls it is too grisly of an experience (poor setup, dirty tables) most of the time). Can't say we've ever had bad food (other than frozen desserts on the Prinsendam but that is because that ship doesn't seem to have an adequate freezer for holding desserts).

Will be on the Millennium for many sailing days, only 4 stops. Hope the MDR food isn't grisly. It'll be my first X cruise since couple of Chandris sailings in the mid '70s (very heavy on Greek food and food Greek cooks think the British back then like to eat).

My husband and I LOVE having breakfast on the veranda ( aft )and dinner has been great in MDR

We love fine dining back home and have no issues with the meals or staff in the MDR.

Lunches have been mostly on island stops but this cruise has alot of seadays ... so... we will be looking into different place for lunch

Looking forward to this cruise as an adventuer as EVERY cruise/island trip/tour is !!!!!

Travelling is an adventure - ENJOY the good and the BAD

Find a great bartender and have fun if all else fails !!!!!

Last cruise we decided to give room service a go several days for lunch as I had some mobility issues. Normally we love the lunch buffet, especially the Indian selection where you can have lots of flavour but cut back on volume!

We were pleasantly surprised, the soup was tasty and hot, other meals were perfectly acceptable and they were delivered promptly. Just another option...

I've always found the french fries from room service to be better than any other venue...and I also enjoy the club sandwich. It's small and they trim the crust off. This however may be influenced by the fact that I only order this when I have late night munchies

I've always found the french fries from room service to be better than any other venue...

We tended last cruise to just have croissants and coffee on the veranda each morning as we were sailing into the Fjiords. We were too busy sightseeing to sit down and eat properly. We booked early tours or made early walks and then would be back on board for lunch to continue enjoying the amazing views from our veranda. Between us we tried several items including soups, salads, sandwiches and burgers. All were perfectly fine which we were, if honest, surprised at....We had expected the first day we ordered to receive lukewarm....

As I mentioned in a previous post, on that cruise I had a mobility issue and after the demands of early morning sightseeing it was great to get comfortable on my veranda sunbed, watch the view and enjoy lunch. After discovering it day 2 I think we used it daily.

Word of warning, totally agree with Fish Lover, those fries are really nice! If I order a burger, chicken sandwich.....I usually leave them but they were so good....

I don't know what happened, but the last time we were on board Summit, lunch in the MDR was utterly inedible. We sent it back, made another selection and that was even worse than the first selection.

Food on the Summit by and large was awful. I hope it's better on the Equinox, my second Celebrity cruise. :confused::confused:

I don't know what happened, but the last time we were on board Summit, lunch in the MDR was utterly inedible. We sent it back, made another selection and that was even worse than the first selection.

That is surprising....we were on Summit and the food in MDR was fantastic for all meals.