Are luggages bags are delivered based on your status?

I was reading in a post that luggages are delivered to your stateroom based on your crown and anchor status. I also read that if you write on the tag " deliver it fast" you will get it faster in your stateroom...

Interesting. Where did you read this? As you know by now, neither is true, sorry.

first bag was parked outside a different stateroom waaay down the corridor at 17.45!

This happened to us last winter. I'm walking down the hall to our room and 10 doors before I get there, there is one of our bags by someone else's door. It was obviously delivered there, in between some bags meant for that room, not like it was waiting to be moved to our room. We took it with us, but I wondered how long it might have taken to show up if we hadn't seen it................:rolleyes:

I think the whole process is organized chaos. Get'em there fast to minimize the bitching. It's presorted into FWD MID and AFT. Then try to service the cabins furthest away to keep the hallways clear, then the cabins closer in, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If there is a method to the delivery madness I haven't spoken with anyone who has been able to figure it out. On our last cruise we had three bags. Two were put in the hallway near the Atrium and sat there for a couple of hours. I know this because I went down to the cabin to get something out of our carry-on and told the wife when I got back to the pool "Bags are being delivered..,nothing by our cabin." When we went down a couple hours later to check, all the bags were still by the Atrium. We checked and two of our bags were there. The third one didn't appear in the hallway until 7:00. Only problem was that bag had ALL the shoes except the flip-flops we wore while boarding. I thought we would have to wear them to dinner and was afraid we would ruin the cruise for some passengers.

If there is a method to the delivery madness I haven't spoken with anyone who has been able to figure it out. On our last cruise we had three bags. Two were put in the hallway near the Atrium and sat there for a couple of hours. I know this because I went down to the cabin to get something out of our carry-on and told the wife when I got back to the pool "Bags are being delivered..,nothing by our cabin." When we went down a couple hours later to check, all the bags were still by the Atrium. We checked and two of our bags were there. The third one didn't appear in the hallway until 7:00. Only problem was that bag had ALL the shoes except the flip-flops we wore while boarding. I thought we would have to wear them to dinner and was afraid we would ruin the cruise for some passengers.

^ This!!:'):'):')

We haven't experienced bags sitting in the Centrum. But on the last few Radiance class cruises our luggage was scattered all over the deck we were on. In one case, we were port, our luggage was starboard.

One bag shows up, and we end up searching the deck for the others. Many times we have retrieved them from the crew service stairs. There doesn't seem to any connection to status, deck, arrival time, etc...

The question was asked what is in your luggage that is so important? Nothing critical actually, it's all in our carry-on. But we like to know before sail-a-way our luggage is actually on-board.

no rhyme or reason to the delivery schedule. We've been on all classes of ships and basically, if we see our bag in the elevator lobby (some are calling this the Atrium), we take it to our cabin. No law saying we can't do that and that's 1 (or 2) less bags for crew to manhandle.

Usually our have been by the door. 2 times they were in the area by the elevators and one time they were actually put in our room. I believe our stateroom attendant put them there. :cool:

This happened to us last winter. I'm walking down the hall to our room and 10 doors before I get there, there is one of our bags by someone else's door. It was obviously delivered there, in between some bags meant for that room, not like it was waiting to be moved to our room. We took it with us, but I wondered how long it might have taken to show up if we hadn't seen it................:rolleyes:
Also had this issue on Navigator in April.:(

What am I missing here??? If you saw your bags in the Atrium why for goodness sake didn't you take them????:confused:

Nope, first come first serve I say. The sooner your bags get delivered by the Steves, the sooner they began compiling the luggage on your deck and delivering to the cabins. They don't have time to sort and wait for special people. With 2700 passengers on board, they may have as many as 6000+ pieces of luggage to deliver....they do a spectacular job IMHO. We have retrieved a bag or two in the pile in the Employees only area behind the centrum a couple of times if we walked by and saw our bag. They let us take them after checking.

Our bags are almost always at our door when we go to our cabin around 1 to 1:30. My theory is because we arrive and check our bags in early. Usually around 9:30 when our bag check opens in Galveston. We check them the moment we arrive at the pier and then my hubs takes the car to park and walks back over and we either go to Starbucks until later in the morning or just wait on the benches. It's a good plan.

On the rare occasion when we have been late (11:30 to noon), one or 2 of our bags were later....of 21 cruises, we have only had one occasion where a bag has been delivered in the late afternoon, but never after sailaway.

What am I missing here??? If you saw your bags in the Atrium why for goodness sake didn't you take them????:confused:

Just worded poorly...I apologize for that horrible failing which obviously caused you consternation and concern.

I saw bags in the hallway and made the assumption (based on past experience) that bags were being delivered to the appropriate cabin. In other words I thought "Oh good. Some passengers are getting their bags." When we came down a couple hours later, our route took us pass those bags and it was then I realized what was happening and saw our bags....which I moved to our cabin.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for coldly and callously implying that I was determined to let the minions cater to my every need.

Checking on my luggage on Mariner, I saw 5 bags at our door; good news, but we brought only 4. We were in 6502, and the orphan was tagged 6205, so I pulled it down to 6205. So probably the number dyslexia is common.

For the last 2 cruises on Oasis and Explorer we found our luggage down the hall from our room in front of someone else cabin's door (at different locations). We have to get it ourselves. I'm wondering if we did not get those luggage ourselves, does it eventually get to our room or they mistakenly deliver to the wrong room. We don't want to take the chance to wait to see if it eventually get to our room or it may get lost.

• 6 months later...
Just worded poorly...I apologize for that horrible failing which obviously caused you consternation and concern.

I saw bags in the hallway and made the assumption (based on past experience) that bags were being delivered to the appropriate cabin. In other words I thought "Oh good. Some passengers are getting their bags." When we came down a couple hours later, our route took us pass those bags and it was then I realized what was happening and saw our bags....which I moved to our cabin.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for coldly and callously implying that I was determined to let the minions cater to my every need.

Reading 101. I understood your post when I read it. Some of us need extra glasses.

As you can see in my signature, our cruise in Sept will be my first on RC. I noticed on our last Carnival cruise a ton of people lugging around their suitcases on the open decks waiting for cabins to be ready? In the past, you might have seen an occasional person doing this now and then, but there were a lot on our last trip.

Does one see this happen on RC?? I can tell you, one will never see me toting around my own suitcase waiting for my cabin to be ready. Heck, on Carnival, I could go to my cabin right away and I still didn't bring my suitcase on with me. To each their own I guess!!