Tracking available cabins?

Hello! We're going on a holiday cruise with extended family and one of members of our group booked all of our cabins. I don't love the cabin we got (all the way forward, possibly by an anchor based on reviews I've read) so I'd like to switch to another one within the same category, if possible.

The issue is that they currently don't have any cabins available for 4 people. What is the best way (if any) to track if a cabin opens up? I can obsessively check Royal's website, but I'm hoping for a better way.

Thanks!

Hello! We're going on a holiday cruise with extended family and one of members of our group booked all of our cabins. I don't love the cabin we got (all the way forward, possibly by an anchor based on reviews I've read) so I'd like to switch to another one within the same category, if possible.

The issue is that they currently don't have any cabins available for 4 people. What is the best way (if any) to track if a cabin opens up? I can obsessively check Royal's website, but I'm hoping for a better way.

Thanks!

Do a mock booking on the UK RCI site. It gives you an option where you click and it shows you all available cabins in the category.

We just got off Indy, 8 days in med, in a far forward cabin and loved it. It was GTY so we didn't get to choose it and when it was assigned I was disappointed. It was ocean view on second floor. It was close to stairs but there is a small half wall that blocks noise. In addition there were five rooms opposite this wall and therefore didn't have other rooms across from us. Bottom line: very quiet, little foot traffic. We loved our room and would choose that location again if we do RCCL again

I like ********** that has been a wonderful tool. We had GTY and once we had room assignments I was able to track rooms in same category and we found a location that worked better for us and we had them switch rooms. Very easy.

Edited by m-of-connor
web

I've never used the RCCL UK site, but there are some TA websites in the US that will show all cabins available.

I have yet to find a site that shows more inventory than the RCI UK site, which has a limit of 50 cabins per category.

I've moved my cabin twice in two months since booking. Simply by watching the rci website and checking every morning. Tuesday (in USA) time seems to be when more availablity is shown on the rci Australia page. Otherwise I've scanned the sea.

Like Biker stated I've also found that the UK site shows the most inventory of cabins.

No site actually shows every available cabin but the UK site will show up to 50 in a given category. I've compared several cruises and found the scanner site and a couple others seem to max out at 35 cabins in a given category.

Like Biker stated I've also found that the UK site shows the most inventory of cabins. .

Not sure if it's a temporary thing or if real, but the scanner site is showing more than 50 on some sailings.I usually don't search sailings very far out, so I've not had fairly empty ships to search. Up till a few months ago, I've not seen any web site showing more than 50 - now there's at least one.

Like Biker stated I've also found that the UK site shows the most inventory of cabins.

No site actually shows every available cabin but the UK site will show up to 50 in a given category. I've compared several cruises and found the scanner site and a couple others seem to max out at 35 cabins in a given category.

Hey Ken, I just picked a 2019 harmony sailing out of the blue just for fun... as Biker says I get 72 4v cabins and only 50 on the RCL uk site. I just discussed this example with Biker via email.

Do me a favor, pick another ship and month at total random, post it here or email me and I'll try the same thing... need to make sure there's actually more than 50 cabins of the category in the ship or you can try yourself on the scanner site as mentioned

I'll pick one too.:

Explorer Pacific Coastal... just did 2 of those and not doing them again, so I have never looked at this sailing util now.... off I go :)

I'll pick one too.:

Explorer Pacific Coastal... just did 2 of those and not doing them again, so I have never looked at this sailing util now.... off I go :)

ok, in 60 seconds I pulled up explorer Sept 17, 2018 4-day Pacific Coastal

I selected balcony 4D category, and I counted 99 cabins available :)

Not sure if it's a temporary thing or if real, but the scanner site is showing more than 50 on some sailings.I usually don't search sailings very far out, so I've not had fairly empty ships to search. Up till a few months ago, I've not seen any web site showing more than 50 - now there's at least one.

Hey Ken, I just picked a 2019 harmony sailing out of the blue just for fun... as Biker says I get 72 4v cabins and only 50 on the RCL uk site. I just discussed this example with Biker via email.

Do me a favor, pick another ship and month at total random, post it here or email me and I'll try the same thing... need to make sure there's actually more than 50 cabins of the category in the ship or you can try yourself on the scanner site as mentioned

I'll pick one too.:

Looks like things have recently changed. I'll admit it has probably been 6 months since I did some detailed checking.

Now if only Royal US would show a few more cabins on their website.

ok, in 60 seconds I pulled up explorer Sept 17, 2018 4-day Pacific Coastal

I selected balcony 4D category, and I counted 99 cabins available :)

I wonder if it has anything to do with the new cabin categories that were recently introduced for the 2018 and beyond sailings that now has them showing more cabins?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the new cabin categories that were recently introduced for the 2018 and beyond sailings that now has them showing more cabins?

This is exactly what Biker suspects as he says he's counted before and is pretty sure it's never been more than the uk site... now it seems to be for some reason.

This is exactly what Biker suspects as he says he's counted before and is pretty sure it's never been more than the uk site... now it seems to be for some reason.

It could be that the way TA web sites connect to RCI's inventory database changed with the re-categorization and RCI lets them see more. Of course I don't know why they didn't lift the limit on their own UK site.

It could be that the way TA web sites connect to RCI's inventory database changed with the re-categorization and RCI lets them see more. Of course I don't know why they didn't lift the limit on their own UK site.

Biker you were right all along...

I just checked 3 random sailings of Majesty, Enchantment and Grandeur in December knowing there'd be a ton of cabins available. All three sailings are still with the old cabin designations.... guess what?

No matter if was an N, M, or whatever, I counted exactly 50 cabins. :D

I'm quite surprised as given the high numbers it certainly appears to be all cabins available are showing.

You would think that Royal would not want this information available to competitors.

I would rather they bring back the old system of only showing 15 available cabins but allowing you to enter a specific cabin number and search for your favorite cabin that way.

I'm quite surprised as given the high numbers it certainly appears to be all cabins available are showing.

Unlikely, it's just that RCI lifted the limit. It could very well be a temporary thing. Of course one has to wonder why most US based online TAs only show 15.

Thanks for the info, everyone. At this point, every time I check, it's says there are no rooms available for 4 passengers. I'll keep looking...maybe near final payment some people will cancel and I can make the switch.