Stanley the Stowaway Bear

ckb104

Anyone know the current migration status of Stanley? Has he made it out of Alaska yet? So far I haven't heard of anyone sighting him on any sailings in any other regions or even which ships he is available on as yet?

He is on Golden Princess at the moment cruising Sydney to Sydney via PNG - Vanuatu,Noumea. My friend just purchased one.

I agree! I am an avid arctophile (teddy bear lover) and this is going to be a MUST for our Alaska cruise next June. I will have to look for him right away!

OK. I think all of you people are crazy but I just learned a new word so I am happy. :D

• 11 months later...

Stanley just stowed away on our return flights to Sydney, after cruising the Mediterranean on Crown Princess. :D

Here he is at home now, with Careflight bear friends, Pat the Policeman and Pete the Pilot.

553959473_Stanley-withPatPete-reduced.thumb.jpg.9b6a630618212b92bab931ce9beff834.jpg

• Like 1

Stanley just stowed away on our return flights to Sydney, after cruising the Mediterranean on Crown Princess. :D

Here he is at home now, with Careflight bear friends, Pat the Policeman and Pete the Pilot.

Were they selling changes of cloths for Stanley? Happy that he made it home safe.

THey've sold the bear on each ship we've been on in the last 2 years. In Alaska, they were also selling a stuffed moose. And a life size "Stanley" was making appearances for photos, hugs, etc. Seems Princess has decided to do character meet and greets. At least the costume is a lot better than what they had on Celebrity. Those were "creepy" per my daughter. ICelebrity had an eagle, a bear, and something else that looked like they'd been made from used bathroom rugs.)

Was on the last leg of Majestic Princess Maiden voyage to Shanghai. Sales Staff at the Shops Of Princess told us about Stanley the Stow-away Bear was to be release dressed with a Tang Dynasty Jacket and a beanie hat with braid. They were being delivered to Shanghai for it's cruising season. We missed out. We have the Captain's and Lumberjack outfit. We got Stanley on the Cal Coastal cruise and we had a Deck 5 window stateroom and when we went out, he was in our window waiting for our return. Our room was above/just on the side of Deck 4 gangway. On our return, we saw people taking photos of him. Stanley the Bear, took the place of traveling Flat Stanley.

Totally! Maybe that will be what a grandparent buys their grandchild from each trip as a souvenir, the bear and then an outfit from each destination... For some kids I'm sure that would be funner (yes I use that as a real word LOL) than a crappy t-shirt that says Grand Cayman hahaha....

Totally to each their own! and to the marketing geniuses at Princess that recognize people will spend their $$ on this ;p!

Can you buy him onboard?

We are taking our grandson on a cruise - he’s 4 - Thinking this would be a fun thing for him —

We bought Stanley Bears during the first 2 day sale onboard, for our young first- time cruisers. Great souvenirs and wonderful bedtime mates! --The Grand only had the sailor suit, no lumberjack clothes for an Alaska cruise.

To answer a previous question, Stanley's clothes do come off. We bought ours in Alaska with the lumberjack outfit and my Mom bought the Captain outfit for our bears, too.

My Mom took Stanley on my parents' last cruise and every day, they would return to the cabin to find him in different places and doing various things. It was so cute and more fun than towel animals! =)

Can you buy him onboard?

We are taking our grandson on a cruise - he’s 4 - Thinking this would be a fun thing for him —

You can buy Stanley on board or through My Princess. Look under on board reservations. Then gifts from Princess's shops.

If you buy it through the web site, there will be a card in your cabin and you bring the card to the gift shop and pick out a bear.

He is on Golden Princess at the moment cruising Sydney to Sydney via PNG - Vanuatu,Noumea. My friend just purchased one.

I have Stanley, and have the Tang red "silk" outfit as well as the Captain's outfit. Did your friend happen to mention if there was an Australian, or New Zealand or South Pacific outfit for Stanley? We are heading that direction in February and would love to expand his wardrobe....thanks.

• 5 months later...