How is the entertainment on the 28 day South Pacific Cruise?

LawDog61

We are looking at doing one of the 28 day R/T Los Angeles South Pacific Cruises. We usually do 7 day cruises, but have done Hawaii a couple of times. On the 15 day Hawaii run, we felt that Princess really stepped up the entertainment on sea days (Love the Star). I know internet will be spotty and I am tired of watching the same re-runs on TV year after year. So, how is the entertainment on this cruise with all those sea days. Thanks guys.

I am glad to see you ask this question, I look at this cruise and think how fun it could be. Of course the first thing I would do is load my Kindle with tons of books for those sea days. I look forward to the info other cruisers offer.

We are looking at doing one of the 28 day R/T Los Angeles South Pacific Cruises. We usually do 7 day cruises, but have done Hawaii a couple of times. On the 15 day Hawaii run, we felt that Princess really stepped up the entertainment on sea days (Love the Star). I know internet will be spotty and I am tired of watching the same re-runs on TV year after year. So, how is the entertainment on this cruise with all those sea days. Thanks guys.

I'd be interested to know as well.....:):):)

Bob

I am glad to see you ask this question, I look at this cruise and think how fun it could be. Of course the first thing I would do is load my Kindle with tons of books for those sea days. I look forward to the info other cruisers offer.

And down load some Netflixs and Amazon videos for sure....but the amount you can down load is limited. Maybe reload when some land based internet is available.

Ship?

I assume OP is talking about the Emerald Cruise in October,2017. It is a 28 day cruise visiting 5 Hawaiian, American Samoa and three islands in French Polynesia. There are 18 sea days.

This will be the third year in a row that we have taken this cruise. So it should be clear that it is great for us. This year we have a number of people on the Roll Call designated as "Tahiti Rapeetee".

In addition to all the usual Princess entertainment, there will be

- talks on all the ports

- talks given by Hawaiians on the culture and history of the area

- Ukele lessons

- Hula Lessons

- Last year there was a speaker who was a former LA prosecutor who

talked about cases he had handled

- As a group, our Roll Call planned a number of events:

- Meet & Greet

- Gift Exchange

- Cabin Crawl

- Slot pull

- Group Lunch

- Specialty dinner

- Tea

We took this cruise a few years ago. I enjoyed the cruise. But to your point I would say that on our cruise the CD failed. Entertainment and activities were front loaded on the way to Hawaii and they ran out of activities and entertainers after a few weeks. Maybe our CDwas just a poor planner stuck in the 15 day Hawaii mode.

I can't help you in relation to this cruise but we just completed Sydney/Hawaii/Sydney - 35 days on the Sea Princess. The Piazza and Crooners entertainment was OK but it was just too much to have to put up with them for 35 days. No matter how good the entertainers are they have to be exceptional indeed to keep people interested 3 or 4 times each day for 35 days. Princess needs to have a look at this. It was the same on our South American cruise (over 30 days) a few years ago. The worst part of this one though was that the band was just too loud and for 30 odd days it was just too much to endure.

I assume OP is talking about the Emerald Cruise in October,2017. It is a 28 day cruise visiting 5 Hawaiian, American Samoa and three islands in French Polynesia. There are 18 sea days.

This will be the third year in a row that we have taken this cruise. So it should be clear that it is great for us. This year we have a number of people on the Roll Call designated as "Tahiti Rapeetee".

In addition to all the usual Princess entertainment, there will be

- talks on all the ports

- talks given by Hawaiians on the culture and history of the area

- Ukele lessons

- Hula Lessons

- Last year there was a speaker who was a former LA prosecutor who

talked about cases he had handled

- As a group, our Roll Call planned a number of events:

- Meet & Greet

- Gift Exchange

- Cabin Crawl

- Slot pull

- Group Lunch

- Specialty dinner

- Tea

It sounds wonderful Paul. One day I would like to be able to do this cruise. I'm still 6 years way from retirement. Wouldnt this be a great retirement present. :):)

This will answer a lot of your questions regarding the Tahiti cruise.

Crown Review 10-17-2015 Part 2.pdf (656.2 KB, 408 views)

ccrain did the review and included the Patters.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...El0T2Nfd0czVUU

We took the cruise in 2015 and we're doing it again this year on the Emerald.

Great review. Can you provide the link for part 1? thanks so much.

My parents were on that cruise in October and LOVED it. My non-musical parents couldn't get enough of their ukulele lessons and both came home with ukes. They said there were a lot of enrichment activities and great speakers. I think most people who go on long cruises like that with many sea days, tend to be pretty good at entertaining themselves, too. It helps if you love to read and look at the ocean.