SNAP Fares? Look like they're gone.

RocketMan275

VermeulT: That's considerable!

Our 14-day Alaska is up $100pp since June 14. The SNAP fare was $600 less ($500 less than our booking price), and I would have refared if it had been just us, but the other eight people in our family group have a number of health and other concerns: 3 heart patients, 2 with MS, and 2 who are primary caregivers for others not going... and if any of those have to drop out, the four I can be relatively sure of (us and two others) -- would want to move "up" to vacated rooms and the SNAP fares were not only not refundable, they were non-name-changeable. So I stuck with the original price and refundable deposits.

Not all fares have skyrocketed. I was attracted to the NS on the Rotterdam western carribbean for march. The snap was the lowest fare on that level I've ever seen. when I called I was offered a mariner fare at $100 less and the deposit was refundable. I held it then found my AAA travel agent offered the same fare with several add on perks. I booked it.

How are people telling the difference between fares "skyrocketing" and the normal process of yield management? I'm not even sure it is possible to legitimately make any determinations about trends in pricing except year-over-year.

Fares for the cruise I am watching jumped about $1450.00 pp across the board (of the categories I am watching) Maybe not "skyrocketing" but a sure "Jump"!!! The good news is that there is no more "non - refundable" listed!!!

When I was on HAL's site yesterday, I noticed that the 27th was to be the last day for the Snap Fares.

I will be curious to see what happens to prices on Aug 1st when the Explore4 program starts.

The prices have already started fluctuating wildly, at least, for my cruise, yesterday afternoon. I have an alert set up for that fishy website that tracks cruise prices for a cost. The first alert came at 1:14 pm - prices went up 83%! Second alert came at 4:14 pm - prices went down 43%. Third one came through at 5:14 pm - price went up again 5.5%. Net increase for my category was $910/person. Sounds like E4 is coming shortly!!

The prices have already started fluctuating wildly, at least, for my cruise, yesterday afternoon. I have an alert set up for that fishy website that tracks cruise prices for a cost. The first alert came at 1:14 pm - prices went up 83%! Second alert came at 4:14 pm - prices went down 43%. Third one came through at 5:14 pm - price went up again 5.5%. Net increase for my category was $910/person. Sounds like E4 is coming shortly!!

I had the same experience with the alerts and went to the HAL site and the price had skyrocketed.

This morning, it is back to where it was before the snap fare.

Who knows where it will be this afternoon?

Amazing how expensive things become when they're "free!"

I just rechecked the Grand Asia for the second time today... no change, still the exact same cost as the SNAP fare, but deposit fully refundable until 1st penalty date.

Mine is up 1200 pp. Can you book without the explore 4 package? if you desire.

Yes, you surely can. You'll have to call Holland or your TA and ask for the non-promo rate. We rarely choose the $xplore4, We rarely spend more than $300 on drinks and we prefer to bring our own wine aboard.

It was a promotion that ended yesterday -- fares were lower (in my case $500pp lower than I paid in June -- FOR TEN PEOPLE -- and $600 lower then they are now) and deposits were half what they would normally be -- but deposits were non-refundable.

I just rechecked the Grand Asia for the second time today... no change, still the exact same cost as the SNAP fare, but deposit fully refundable until 1st penalty date.

What do you mean the "1st penalty date?" I thought that there was only one - June 1, 2018.

One thread is about cutbacks in service and entertainment, in another thread one laments the lack of bargain fares. You can't have it both ways.

igraf

The SNAP fares seem to have disappeared.

Now I understand. Thanks. BTW - what's with the lack of interest in our Roll Call?

Lack of bookings according to one TA; I suspect because of the snap fares. The 2017 Grand Asia had a lot of initial interest, then it petered out for awhile before picking up again.

One thread is about cutbacks in service and entertainment, in another thread one laments the lack of bargain fares. You can't have it both ways.

Don't forget Stockholder Value. I think you can have two out of three... But we don't get to pick which two!

• 2 months later...