Can i change ships before my cruise date?

HI!

I have been looking for an answer to this question on here and google with no luck. I am leaving on the Allure on Sept 10th. Originally, I was going with my gf, and so with everything together drink package for me, (not her, doesn't drink), cruise grats and a couple excursions, so far is $1,978. Well, long story short, im single again (just didn't work out).

So, im thinking of going on a cheaper cruise. I found the RCCl Liberty would be 1200 for me and with rest of money I could use it for drink package and on board credits. If I call Royal, will they allow me to change ships? Will I lose anything? Has anyone done this? I have been solo about 5 times previously, but with a different cruise line. Any tips before calling would be great, thank you!

Pre final payment, absolutely.

But you are post.... So I kind of doubt it.

Given that there are no price reductions post final payment, it's unlikely that you will be allowed to book a cheaper cruise- be it on the same ship or another. I think the best you can do is adjust the booking for equal or greater cost.

But it's worth calling and asking.

This happened to my DD 3 weeks before the cruise. She was unable to find a friend to replace her ex-boyfriend...so I gave her the option to cancel (we had cancel for any reason trip insurance) or to go solo. She was traveling with two other family/friends...so she wouldn't be alone on the cruise. She ended up calling Royal and switched to solo. She received double points for the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This happened to my DD 3 weeks before the cruise. She was unable to find a friend to replace her ex-boyfriend...so I gave her the option to cancel (we had cancel for any reason trip insurance) or to go solo. She was traveling with two other family/friends...so she wouldn't be alone on the cruise. She ended up calling Royal and switched to solo. She received double points for the cruise.

Yeah, im going to have to do that. I didn't have much time for a long call. But the lady said changing ships is not possible after my final payment date. So, ill stick with Allure solo. Just worried about two things. One, such a huge ship that it will be hard to meet people on board. Second, I don't know much about the Labadie private island, friend just came back and said she wasn't impressed. BUt, she also is from the Bahamas, so not sure.

So, if I call and take her off, shes still trying to go, but that's not happening, and would be super awkward. They would do it and I shouldn't be charged anything? Double points sounds great!!

HI!

so with everything together drink package for me, (not her, doesn't drink), cruise grats and a couple excursions, so far is $1,978

If you remove her and go solo not only will you get double points but they will also remove the grats for the second person & the port costs for the second person and don't forget to cancel her excursions. If you booked excursions through the ship you can cancel those up to 24 hours before the excursion.

If you remove her and go solo not only will you get double points but they will also remove the grats for the second person & the port costs for the second person and don't forget to cancel her excursions.

Right, but it is very likely the cruise will be repriced and may go up. It may be better to leave things alone (things could change by the time of the cruise) and have the second person be a no show. The same cost savings listed above would take place.

Right, but it is very likely the cruise will be repriced and may go up. It may be better to leave things alone (things could change by the time of the cruise) and have the second person be a no show. The same cost savings listed above would take place.

This is actually, what I keep hearing is a better way to do it. I just don't want the price to go up. I also, have 400 obc from a promotion, so I cannot lose that. If I wait till the sail date, umm sir there is 2 people booked on this cruise. Sorry ma'am, she wont be coming, she must have changed her mind. Oh okay mr. enjoy your cruise! Unless I can think of a better excuse. Or just be honest and do of cruise, show up and say, sorry we broke up and I left her at home.

If I wait till the sail date, umm sir there is 2 people booked on this cruise. Sorry ma'am, she wont be coming, she must have changed her mind. Oh okay mr. enjoy your cruise! Unless I can think of a better excuse. Or just be honest and do of cruise, show up and say, sorry we broke up and I left her at home.

You don't need an excuse - just say the second passenger will not be joining you.

BTW, you are 6 weeks form the cruise - a lot can happen in that time, including a new girlfriend.

This is actually, what I keep hearing is a better way to do it. I just don't want the price to go up. I also, have 400 obc from a promotion, so I cannot lose that. If I wait till the sail date, umm sir there is 2 people booked on this cruise. Sorry ma'am, she wont be coming, she must have changed her mind. Oh okay mr. enjoy your cruise! Unless I can think of a better excuse. Or just be honest and do of cruise, show up and say, sorry we broke up and I left her at home.

Don't pay attention to those that say your cruise will be repriced. It absolutely won't. They've got your money. They don't care if anyone shows up.

All you have to do is call and ask what if..... to confirm this

If you don't cancel her, you will not receive double points

Don't pay attention to those that say your cruise will be repriced. It absolutely won't. They've got your money. They don't care if anyone shows up.

All you have to do is call and ask what if..... to confirm this

If you don't cancel her, you will not receive double points

Unless they changed things recently. My friend tried to cancel her husband, now ex-husband, from her reservation. They tried to charge hundreds of dollars more. She said, just leave it alone. Basically, the husband no showed.

I agree with previous posts. As for your concerns about meeting people on Allure, there is still PLENTY of opportunity to meet people. Watch the Cruse Compass for a solo cruisers event. Also, I've noticed that the same people tend to frequent the same places. No matter how big the ship, there are always a few people that I end up seeing often.

The last time I was in Labadee, I just rented the beach chairs for two, and a floating beach mat. That was all I needed. There is shopping, but I tend to avoid the Artisan Village because they're too pushy. There's also the bobsled, zip line and much more. You can do as much or as little as you want.

You have to think of the cruise fare in a different way post final payment.

If you "cancel" your former GF, there is a sliding scale of penalties that will be enforced.

Right now, you're in 50% cancellation penalty. Which means, if you outright cancel her, you will forfeit 50% of her cruise fare as a penalty. If you paid, they will refund you the remaining 50% cruise fare, taxes, any pre-paid gratuities and things like the beverage package.

At that point, if you still want to go, they will look at your cabin and say...well, you've paid for one occupant, and if you want to go solo, the additional cost will be $X. Her cruise fare is gone. It's no longer cruise fare but cancellation fees.

So, if you outright cancel her, you're going to get back 50% of what you paid for her, and you'll need to pay for sailing as a solo, by using that refunded 50% + whatever they say you need to pay to get to single occupancy pricing.

However, if you leave her as a "no show", then you end up paying the full cabin price, you'll be refunded her taxes, pre-paid gratuities and any other amounts you paid out in advance.

It seems like there is a chance that she's going to try and still go on the cruise, so you're worried that if you don't get her name off, she might show up. This is an entirely different problem, so you need to get that straightened out first. If you've paid for everything, and you want to be sure she does not try to come, maybe see if you can change out her name for someone else, and have them no show.

You have to think of the cruise fare in a different way post final payment.

If you "cancel" your former GF, there is a sliding scale of penalties that will be enforced.

Right now, you're in 50% cancellation penalty. Which means, if you outright cancel her, you will forfeit 50% of her cruise fare as a penalty. If you paid, they will refund you the remaining 50% cruise fare, taxes, any pre-paid gratuities and things like the beverage package.

At that point, if you still want to go, they will look at your cabin and say...well, you've paid for one occupant, and if you want to go solo, the additional cost will be $X. Her cruise fare is gone. It's no longer cruise fare but cancellation fees.

So, if you outright cancel her, you're going to get back 50% of what you paid for her, and you'll need to pay for sailing as a solo, by using that refunded 50% + whatever they say you need to pay to get to single occupancy pricing.

However, if you leave her as a "no show", then you end up paying the full cabin price, you'll be refunded her taxes, pre-paid gratuities and any other amounts you paid out in advance.

It seems like there is a chance that she's going to try and still go on the cruise, so you're worried that if you don't get her name off, she might show up. This is an entirely different problem, so you need to get that straightened out first. If you've paid for everything, and you want to be sure she does not try to come, maybe see if you can change out her name for someone else, and have them no show.

Good point!

Yeah, im going to have to do that. I didn't have much time for a long call. But the lady said changing ships is not possible after my final payment date. So, ill stick with Allure solo. Just worried about two things. One, such a huge ship that it will be hard to meet people on board. Second, I don't know much about the Labadie private island, friend just came back and said she wasn't impressed. BUt, she also is from the Bahamas, so not sure.

So, if I call and take her off, shes still trying to go, but that's not happening, and would be super awkward. They would do it and I shouldn't be charged anything? Double points sounds great!!

You may want to call and cancel her in case the EX shows up to check in before you....

BTW.....see you on Allure September 10th. Leaving the wife at home and taking my mom on our annual trip.

Edit.....i see someone already mentioned the GF showing up.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

That was not the case with a friend of mine. He got the double points when his roommate did not show.

I said that because I recently read here (must be true) that someone didn't receive double points when there were 2 people in the cabin and one didn't show

You have to be careful with absolutes.

Biker, who is quite sure some CC'er has an example of being repriced when trying to modify an existing cabin solo.

You're right. Royal changes the rules almost as often as the sales

I can see that happening if the booking was not in full penalty and neither had insurance

Just treat Labadee as a beach day. And there is NO charge for loungers there. We love Labadee, but we live in Oklahoma, not the Bahamas! I suggest you go to Columbus Cove, not the ocean side of Labadee. That side is very rough and rocky.

I can see that happening if the booking was not in full penalty and neither had insurance

If the fare is higher, even inside final, I can see RCI wanting more money to switch to solo. Insurance should't have any effect on repricing.

I do not believe this is true. I have added a second guest to my reservation over a year after making it and the cruise was NOT repriced. I would think the same would be true if you remove a guest.

I love the Allure and you will have no problem meeting people. I cruise solo at times and those double points are pretty nice. Have a great trip and I am sorry the relationship did not work out. You seem like a nice person to take a gf on a cruise.

That's all wonderful advice and thank you. I am going to call thus week she. I have time to sit by the phone and ask, what if first. What if I take her off will happen and see what they say. Hope it's good news.

If not I will just no show her. Oh she won't go without my approval, she just kept insisting but that entire thing is settled now.

This will be my 6th cruise and 4th solo, so I'm used to it. But it will be my first not on Carnival, I'm breaking my comfort zone. A guy at work went on the Allure a d I trust him, he said there really isn't a better cruise ship, period. So I'm ready!

A nice beach day sounds good to me