Wine Lists

eyelovcrusin

I remember recently seeing a post that included pictures of the wine lists included on the classic and premium beverage packages. I have scrolled through numerous pages of posts and haven't been able to locate this recent posting. Could someone point me in the right direction? Seems like it was within the past 2-3 weeks.

Thanks

I don't have a copy of the list but I can tell you this for sure - just because a wine is on a list does not mean that it will be in stock. One of my pet peeves with Celebrity - in several recent cruises in Blu we have had a choice of about 3 red wines even though we had the premium package. Time and again we were told that there was nothing else in stock. Strangely enough, when we ran into the head Wine/Beverage manager one night at the Martini Bar and talked to him about this, a nice wine (Conundrum Cabernet - around $25 in stores) showed up at our table that night. We appreciated very much that he did that for us, but thought that level of wine should be there every night with the premium package considering the bulk discount I am sure they receive. An area Celebrity can certainly improve upon IMHO!

• Like 1

I strongly encourage you to request the wine list when you are seated for dinner, as it was not provided when we were on Equinox a few months ago. The very short list of wines printed on the dinner menu are not a good representation of the full package options. And the sommeliers we encountered were not particularly communicative or helpful.

We had no problems getting the two wines we chose in the MDR each evening - Mer Soleil Chardonnay and Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon. I didn't order wines at any of the bars so I can't comment on availability of wines elsewhere on the ship.

OK - maybe a dumb question: Regarding the wine lists posted by Crusin Lady - Are the prices listed in addition to the cost I've already paid for the premium package, or are they just there for reference (maybe so I know how much tip I'll be charged for)?

OK - maybe a dumb question: Regarding the wine lists posted by Crusin Lady - Are the prices listed in addition to the cost I've already paid for the premium package, or are they just there for reference (maybe so I know how much tip I'll be charged for)?

They are there for reference only. If the price listed is above the limit on your package (classic or premium), you only have to pay the difference + 18% gratuity. So, if you have the classic package and the wine is $10 (if the limit is $9), you will be charged $1.18 only.

Confused by that list.....There is only 1 wine on the Classic list that would fall under the classic package. The rest of them are all over $9!....also, on the premium list there are a handful that would fall within range. The classic list should actually be the premium list!

I have sailed with a Classic Package before the price per glass was increased. At that time, on the Wine List there were no Sauvignon Blancs at my price point. I just told the sommelier I had the Classic Package and I wanted a gas of SB and I always got it. Everything they have is not on the list (and vice versa...)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for that list. So on the classic package we can get any wine on that list without an additional charge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had the Premion Beverage Package on our last cruise and ordered wines from the list without incurring any additional charge. We did not order wines that were listed on the very bottom of the list as they are identified as being over the package limit. They do carry an additional cost.

The suggestions that you ask for the type of wine you want are good. However, my recent experience in the MDR on Equinox sadly proved that you can't rely on the sommelier to offer you the best wines. The wine list that is printed in the dinner menu is very skimpy. The real wine list was not offered when we were seated for dinner. I was very disappointed with our wine experiences the first few nights of our last cruise. I therefore took matters into my own hands and asked for the wine list each of the remaining nights of our cruise - and ordered the wines I wanted from the list.

This was a way different experience than the one we had in the MDR on Equinox in 2015. On that cruise, the sommelier assigned to our table was wonderful. She offered us very good wines each night. Based on that experience, I was looking forward to really being wowed with the Premium Beverage Package. I don't know exactly what has changed - experience (or lack thereof) of the sommelier, being expected to handle more tables, lower inventory of specific wines - but most of the sommeliers didn't even talk to us about wine options, and just poured the glass without allowing us to taste the wine first.

We has Select Dining and therefore we could ask to be seated in different sections of the MDR. We did just that as we searched for a better sommelier/wine and dinner experience on nights 2 and 3 of our recent cruise. The front section of the MDR was too noisy for us so we asked to be seated in a quieter location. We were seated in the "private" section of the MDR (in the back) and found it to be much better; we asked to be seated in that same section for the remainder of our cruise. Not only was it quieter, the waiter, assistant waiter and sommelier were much better. We were pleasantly surprised to see that our new waiter, who looked very familiar, had been our waiter on Reflection during our prior cruise. Reymond is a fantastic waiter! If you happen to be sailing on Equinox and have Select Dining - enter the dining from the right and ask to be seated in Reymond's section. He will take wonderful care of you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for that list. So on the classic package we can get any wine on that list without an additional charge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In my opinion I would say no because the classic package only allows drinks and wine up to $9. All but one of those on the list are more than $9. I would love for this to be clarified because if it is indeed the classic list then I might not have to upgrade to premium which I normally do because of the minimal number of wines available on the classic wine list

I believe I've seen this list on a previous thread. If I'm right, the higher costs (i.e above the $9 classic threshold) are due to it being from a sailing out of Southampton..something to do with the gratuities or tax being built in...or at least that's what I hope I read. Maybe the originator of the photos will chip in here ??

I believe I've seen this list on a previous thread. If I'm right, the higher costs (i.e above the $9 classic threshold) are due to it being from a sailing out of Southampton..something to do with the gratuities or tax being built in...or at least that's what I hope I read. Maybe the originator of the photos will chip in here ??

I did not originate the photos of the wine lists - I had downloaded them before my last cruise which was a Caribbean cruise. So, you are correct that the pricing doesn't jive with cruises departing from ports in the USA. However, the lists of wines were the same on our cruise. That is the only point I was trying to make in my posts re: wine choices. The wines on the classic package list and wines on the premium package list were the wines we could order without an extra charge (except for the ones at the very bottom of the premium package list).

Don't feel as though you are restricted to the list of wines printed on the dinner menu. You would be shortchanging yourself, if younorder solely from that paltry list.

:eek:

I did not originate the photos of the wine lists - I had downloaded them before my last cruise which was a Caribbean cruise. So, you are correct that the pricing doesn't jive with cruises departing from ports in the USA. However, the lists of wines were the same on our cruise. That is the only point I was trying to make in my posts re: wine choices. The wines on the classic package list and wines on the premium package list were the wines we could order without an extra charge (except for the ones at the very bottom of the premium package list).

Don't feel as though you are restricted to the list of wines printed on the dinner menu. You would be shortchanging yourself, if you order solely from that paltry list.

The reason you see a price differential between US and UK sailing is down to legal requirements.

Ships sailing from the UK must reflect any taxes or gratuities in the advertised price.

The US sailings do not.

For this reason if you buy a glass of wine on a US sailing, there is always for us a little shock when they add the 18% gratuity to the final bill when we don't have a drinks package.

Sailing out of the UK, this always confuses us for the first couple of days as the prices appear beyond the classic or premium price point.

We have to mentally deduct the 18% from the advertised price to determine if a wine is included in our package.

Remember also on the Celebrity website (US), the inclusive package price threshold is set without gratuity added.

The confusion is down to different legalities.

While this hasn't been part of the discussion, I think the info is worth sharing.

There is another thread on cruise critic in which the OP created a list of drinks that are available on the classic and premium beverage packages. The link to her post and the PDF files she created are here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=53030316

Classic beverage package drink list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=406883&d=1494308109

Premium beverage package drink list: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=406884&d=1494308109

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe it was this review? Search on :

Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

Review is by Mr_T

I found this to be a wealth of information. Tons of pics of menus, drink lists Celebrity today schedules etc.

You can see the difference in pricing ( this was a Caribbean cruise). Many more wines ( at least listed, all may not be available) that fall into the fully included category of each package level.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494703

Hi, I see what you mean. Not really a very intuitive search function. It was started on May 3rd. Try the above link and "should" come up

If I recall correctly, the menus start around page 4?

I for one really appreciate this level of detail, and I'd like to thank Mr T again for this

• 1 month later...
I strongly encourage you to request the wine list when you are seated for dinner, as it was not provided when we were on Equinox a few months ago. The very short list of wines printed on the dinner menu are not a good representation of the full package options. And the sommeliers we encountered were not particularly communicative or helpful.

Hi cruisin' lady

I just googled "lack of sommeliers on celebrity ships" and your thread came up.

I agree with you 100%. We have just returned from a cruise on the Constellation and everything you say is spot on. When we cruised two years ago on the Reflection, we had a very attentive sommelier who produced a wine list immediately and helped with our choices.

Not this time! Sommeliers were thin on the ground and elusive. And when you asked for a wine list , they looked personally offended. This is obviously a policy that has come down from management but why?

When you've paid fora Premium drinks package, it's not good enough!