All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

12 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I will be on Jewel tomorrow if anyone has any questions I can try to help out.  

Only if you get a chance...I have read that there are special ethnic menus in the MDR, but you have to ask for them. Is that true?

Thanks.

Have a wonderful cruise!

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Only if you get a chance...I have read that there are special ethnic menus in the MDR, but you have to ask for them. Is that true?

Thanks.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Jewel has an Indian menu in the MDR.  You need to ask your waiter for this.

2 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I apologize if I missed it in this thread, does Jewel have freestyle machines? If so, where are they located?

I also haven't been able to find out much on The Pit Stop sports bar. Does anyone know if they show MLB games? Are there windows to the outside in there? Do they do a pay pub menu for snacks?

I take it the Royal IQ app isn't available on Jewel? I've gotten very used to having that on previous cruises to text my family and check my account balance. Are there iPad kiosks? I know this is an older ship but not sure what has been added with refurbishments.

Pit stop no windows. There usually is a sporting event being shown. Based on where the ship is - sports being shown will vary. Big TV hanging on a wall. If u want to make sure you can watch the baseball games you want you may want to consider a subsciption to MLB and then u can watch on your internet enabled device.

Nice, I have arranged for a 10am bus too for my group from the Intercontinental at Doral. I'd be interested in knowing what time boarding begins and when the Windjammer first opens for embarkation lunch!  [emoji846]

Again, ENJOY!!!

We were one of the first aboard at 11. we had a short wait in the suite waiting area before boarding right at 11. There was a short delay with customs clearance. WJ opens at 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BEENSAILING said:

Pit stop no windows. There usually is a sporting event being shown. Based on where the ship is - sports being shown will vary. Big TV hanging on a wall. If u want to make sure you can watch the baseball games you want you may want to consider a subsciption to MLB and then u can watch on your internet enabled device.

I do subscribe but I was under the impression it wouldn't work outside of the US. I'd love to be wrong about that though, and it would push me towards buying internet access onboard. I will be cruising during the first two weeks of the season, not crucial to watch, but at home I'm pretty much an every game viewer.

19 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I will be on Jewel tomorrow if anyone has any questions I can try to help out.  

Couple questions....If you don't have time, don't worry...

Can you post a picture of the pool tables?

Cookies?  Are they available anywhere other than on the buffet? Free?

Thanks!!

43 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Couple questions....If you don't have time, don't worry...

Can you post a picture of the pool tables?

Cookies?  Are they available anywhere other than on the buffet? Free?

Thanks!!

Complimentary cookies available at Cafe Latte-Tudes and the Solarium Cafe.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We were one of the first aboard at 11. we had a short wait in the suite waiting area before boarding right at 11. There was a short delay with customs clearance. WJ opens at 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might you know if the Solarium Cafe was open upon boarding? Also, was there a designated place to store carry-ons until 1pm?

thanks!!

3 minutes ago, SamTimeDining said:

Might you know if the Solarium Cafe was open upon boarding? Also, was there a designated place to store carry-ons until 1pm?

thanks!!

Solarium Cafe was not open.  No place to store luggage that I was aware of.  Maybe somebody else can chime in on that.

25 minutes ago, caribbeanboy said:

Just got off the Jewel today. Was a nice relaxing 5 day cruise. Food was good, but nothing exceptional. Ship can use some love. Romina excellent Concierge.

Agreed. Romina was great!  Very friendly!

On 2/2/2019 at 3:02 AM, SamTimeDining said:

Also, with only Jewel in port, did Labadee feel empty at all?

Labadee did feel kind of empty yesterday compared to last time we were there on Oasis. I like it better that way personally.  Nobody was even using the beach with the inflatable stuff in the water. (Name of that beach slips my mind)

On 2/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, lola2013 said:

Our family/friends cruise on Jewel is just 117 days away (but who's counting)...I'd love to hear about your trip when you return.  I see above a mention of a 70s disco night.  Please let us know if that's still happening!

Bon voyage!

70s Disco Night is tonight (night 7) in vortex 

10 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

70s Disco Night is tonight (night 7) in vortex 

In the past Jewel held the 70's Disco Night in the Centrum, which was always crowded. Let us know if Vortex was crowded.

Could you find out who the Captain and Cruise Director will be on the 3/29 Jewel Transatlantic? Thank you.

Edited by roswellcruiser1