All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

10 hours ago, roswellcruiser1 said:

In the past Jewel held the 70's Disco Night in the Centrum, which was always crowded. Let us know if Vortex was crowded.

Could you find out who the Captain and Cruise Director will be on the 3/29 Jewel Transatlantic? Thank you.

My fault - the disco night was in centrum.  Sorry we left before it started so I don’t have any details.

56 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Is there a thermal suite in the spa with ceramic heated loungers and saunas and steam room  like the one on the Serenade deck 11?

Thanks.

Unfortunately no, they've been removed

43 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Indeed they do have them

366859EE-3BBD-4098-A889-319F472B4043.jpeg

I just looked at your signature (I couldn't previously on my iphone)

You were on Jewel in 2015... the thermal spa no longer exists as this is where the new 11th deck balcony cabins were added during her 2016 drydock

Edited by Hoopster95

10 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Unfortunately no, they've been removed

I just looked at your signature (I couldn't previously on my iphone)

You were on Jewel in 2015... the thermal spa no longer exists as this is where the new 11th deck balcony cabins were added during her 2016 drydock

Thank you for highlighting 🙂

Yup was 2015, only seems like yesterday 

happy days!

Edited by PompeySailor

On 2/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, roswellcruiser1 said:

In the past Jewel held the 70's Disco Night in the Centrum, which was always crowded. Let us know if Vortex was crowded.

Could you find out who the Captain and Cruise Director will be on the 3/29 Jewel Transatlantic? Thank you.

Captain & CD

0B06F6B8-7862-4298-9CEE-FDC8BA010378.jpeg

90F1B8E2-E06B-48BA-A933-F941DF1F162F.jpeg

I will be on the 16 night Panama Canal cruise.  Being vegetarian I understand that an Indian menu is offered in the main dining room for evening meals.  Would appreciate receiving comments from cruisers who have eaten from the Indian menu.  Also, if any posters have menus could you post them.  Thank you.

8 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Are there curtain room dividers in the inside cabins on Jewel? I thought I had seen some pictures with curtains but now when I look it looks like there aren't. If not,  will magnet hooks work from the ceiling to hang a curtain? 

No experience with inside cabins but magnetic hooks will work on the ceiling and walls. 

12 hours ago, wwjd1947 said:

I will be on the 16 night Panama Canal cruise.  Being vegetarian I understand that an Indian menu is offered in the main dining room for evening meals.  Would appreciate receiving comments from cruisers who have eaten from the Indian menu.  Also, if any posters have menus could you post them.  Thank you.

This was one of the menus from the Nov TA, the entrees changed daily (and maybe dessert) the rest stayed the same. Both DH and I ate from it several times and the food was generally good, I did have a lamb dish one night that was very fatty. It was nice to have something a bit more spicy and with more flavour than most cruise food, I often find the food on ships very bland.IMG_20181108_204345.thumb.jpg.83bd2c0b6c92d3130ced50fe7e9b87a0.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

How does the dining room operate for dinner on Jewel? Is one floor for traditional and one for MTD, or by side? 

Deck 4 was traditional.

MyTime was deck 5 with signs for guests with reservation or without.  I would highly recommend making reservations.

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Deck 4 was traditional.

MyTime was deck 5 with signs for guests with reservation or without.  I would highly recommend making reservations.

Thanks. We have early traditional, I think it's 6pm. I like having the same servers every night. I've had both good and bad experiences with being able to get that with MTD so I like to book traditional if available.

10 hours ago, Kingseat said:

If anyone has photos of bar prices/drinks I’d love to see please?  Also if in the WJ for breakfast or lunch can we still request a speciality coffee or fresh orange juice?

Cocktail of the day was usd8 otherwise between 10-12. Didn't notice the 10 drink special on offer