All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

10 hours ago, kernow said:

This was one of the menus from the Nov TA, the entrees changed daily (and maybe dessert) the rest stayed the same. Both DH and I ate from it several times and the food was generally good, I did have a lamb dish one night that was very fatty. It was nice to have something a bit more spicy and with more flavour than most cruise food, I often find the food on ships very bland.IMG_20181108_204345.thumb.jpg.83bd2c0b6c92d3130ced50fe7e9b87a0.jpg

10 hours ago, kernow said:

This was one of the menus from the Nov TA, the entrees changed daily (and maybe dessert) the rest stayed the same. Both DH and I ate from it several times and the food was generally good, I did have a lamb dish one night that was very fatty. It was nice to have something a bit more spicy and with more flavour than most cruise food, I often find the food on ships very bland.IMG_20181108_204345.thumb.jpg.83bd2c0b6c92d3130ced50fe7e9b87a0.jpg

Thank You!!  This just what I was looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thorswife59 said:

We are doing the TA 3/29.  Can anyone tell me what time we might be off the ship in Rome?  It says we dock at 5:00 am. I am guessing if we do self assist we’d be off by 9:30-10:00 am. Trying to coordinate the train to Venice.  Thanks!

It takes very little time to start disembarkation in European ports.   Self-assist is normally starting to get off within 30 minutes of arrival.

Where are complimentary coffee and tea available on Jewel? Does Cafe-Lattitudes have a complimentary drink station as well as the pay specialty coffees? Assuming the Solarium Cafe is another area, is the drinks station there open when they aren't open for food? Also, does anyone know if there are packets of lemon juice? 

On Jewel right now!  She is a beautiful ship.  Only on Day 2 of a 16 night Cruise but a couple of things I noticed.

Staff in the dining room seem....rushed.  Last night, at our first dinner, the staff didn’t take the time to introduce themselves, or tell us about their recommendations before taking our orders.

MDR  portion sizes are smaller than before but to me, that’s a good thing!  

The pool attendants ARE removing items from pool loungers after 30-40 minutes!  Yes I timed them.  This is a VERY good thing.

The famous RC Roast Beef Sandwich is available at the solarium pool!  It won’t be there every day but it will make a couple of appearances, the staff said.

We are in a Junior Suite and there is more storage than 2 of us can use! We have cupboards we haven’t used yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruisingEntrepreneur said:

Doing the TA (leaves in a month!!! :classic_biggrin:)

Trying to organize some games (Taboo, Scattegories, Sequence, etc) with fellow CCers. 
Where is a good place to play for 10-20 people that is free around 1-2PM?

Check the aft lounge (Safari Club) on deck 6, that might be unused for some periods during the day, if it is not totally consumed by the Park West art stuff.

Other than that, you might have to ask about a conference room that might be available.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Check the aft lounge (Safari Club) on deck 6, that might be unused for some periods during the day, if it is not totally consumed by the Park West art stuff.

Other than that, you might have to ask about a conference room that might be available.

Thank you!

It seemed like Deck 6 aft would be one of the only places to do it. But, I figured I would throw the question out there. It would be helpful, if the deck plans online were more interactive! :classic_dry:

1 minute ago, CruisingEntrepreneur said:

I haven't been to the Vortex nightclub on this ship. 
Do they have tables and chairs in there? Or, is it more bar tops with stools?

Chairs, sofas, low tables.

6 hours ago, CruisingEntrepreneur said:

Doing the TA (leaves in a month!!! :classic_biggrin:)

Trying to organize some games (Taboo, Scattegories, Sequence, etc) with fellow CCers. 
Where is a good place to play for 10-20 people that is free around 1-2PM?

If the weather is nice, the aft area outside of the Windjammer is a good place to play games. We were just there last week and saw lots of people playing board/card games.

15 hours ago, debitoo said:

If the weather is nice, the aft area outside of the Windjammer is a good place to play games. We were just there last week and saw lots of people playing board/card games.

That is a nice spot! I would think it would be too windy to play card games back there though 🧐

Maybe someone else has, but I've never seen them.  Best to get a cheap CD and learn on your own.  If you know Spanish, Italian is incredibly similar and so easy to manage some simple phrases and questions.  English is spoken just about everywhere though so I never had much of a chance to use them. 

If I have Voom purchased, will I be able to use my iMessage for texting? I know the whole 'turn on airplane mode & connect to wifi' thing, but I've seen different threads say that some ships don't let you use iMessage with Royal's app? Sorry if this is a dumb question, we're going on our first cruise and trying to get everything planned out :classic_happy:

11 minutes ago, Kovo89 said:

If I have Voom purchased, will I be able to use my iMessage for texting? I know the whole 'turn on airplane mode & connect to wifi' thing, but I've seen different threads say that some ships don't let you use iMessage with Royal's app? Sorry if this is a dumb question, we're going on our first cruise and trying to get everything planned out :classic_happy:

Yes. Stay in airplane mode and connected to the Voom internet. 

2 hours ago, Kovo89 said:

but I've seen different threads say that some ships don't let you use iMessage with Royal's app? 

You may have misunderstood that on some ships you can’t use iMessage FREE, without VOOM (like you can on Quantum class ships). 

On 3/1/2019 at 8:21 AM, CruisingEntrepreneur said:

That is a nice spot! I would think it would be too windy to play card games back there though 🧐

We have been able to play games in the My Time Dining room on sea days.  Usually the time posted is 2 pm to 4 pm.  We were on the Jewel last February and I remember playing cards in the room off the Windjammer in the afternoons.