Double points for 3 night cruise in Junior Suite?

smally

Do you get double points if you book a 3 night cruise in a Junior Suite? We were told when we booked on board that we would, but I have just double checked with crown and anchor and they are saying the cruise needs to be a minimum of 7 nights to get double points. Our Travel agent has rung Royal Caribbean and they say that we will get double points but now I'm feeling very uncertain. We are 5 points away from Diamond membership - hence the Junior suite on this occasion. If we aren't going o get double points we would not be taking this cruise - we would do a 5 night cruise in a balcony instead!

Do you get double points if you book a 3 night cruise in a Junior Suite? We were told when we booked on board that we would, but I have just double checked with crown and anchor and they are saying the cruise needs to be a minimum of 7 nights to get double points. Our Travel agent has rung Royal Caribbean and they say that we will get double points but now I'm feeling very uncertain. We are 5 points away from Diamond membership - hence the Junior suite on this occasion. If we aren't going o get double points we would not be taking this cruise - we would do a 5 night cruise in a balcony instead!

We've gotten double points on all our cruises in a JS, including 3/4 day cruises on Monarch and Majesty, and 5-day cruises on Billiance.

Thank you . I rang Crown and Anchor, and the woman I spoke to said she needed to check whether double points would apply as it was a short cruise. She came back and said that we wouldn't get double points, as the minimum number of nights for that was 7. I was very surprised as I hadn't heard of that previously and it was different to what we were told on board. And my travel agent is saying that Royal Caribbean have told her we will get double points.

I thought Crown and Anchor representatives were normally knowledgeable and accurate with their information - and she did go off and double check!

Thank you . I rang Crown and Anchor, and the woman I spoke to said she needed to check whether double points would apply as it was a short cruise. She came back and said that we wouldn't get double points, as the minimum number of nights for that was 7. I was very surprised as I hadn't heard of that previously and it was different to what we were told on board. And my travel agent is saying that Royal Caribbean have told her we will get double points.

I thought Crown and Anchor representatives were normally knowledgeable and accurate with their information - and she did go off and double check!

I'd call back later for a different answer.:)

you'll get double points, but you may have to call C & A to get them applied. You'll get triple points if you sail solo in a JS (or above) but you'll have to call C & A to get them applied. I've sailed solo in the JS on MJ and got triple points....but that was in the past. Could it be RCI is quietly tightening up on this? Who would know if they didn't do a press release!

I suspect if they'd stopped giving double points for cruises less than a week we'd already have a 20+ page post on here full of outraged people insisting they've cancelled all future cruises because of this policy change [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny story, about an hour and a half before your post I called Crown and Anchor because after waiting the 14 days my last sailing in a JS only showed as 7 points. When I got connected the representative said something to the effect of that because we paid for a balcony but sailed in a junior suite we weren't eligible for the points. I questioned this because I thought the policy had to do with where you physically stayed so I asked her to explain what she meant but she just kept saying the same thing. Eventually I asked for a supervisor and the rep put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then came back and said something about when we took the complimentary upgrade from balcony to junior suite something in the computer didn't get changed and that I was in fact due 14 points which she applied.

What I don't understand is why don't these representatives know basic policy? It's kind of fishy that after my first cruise on RCL I know more about that part of the policy an someone who actually works at the company.

Funny story, about an hour and a half before your post I called Crown and Anchor because after waiting the 14 days my last sailing in a JS only showed as 7 points. When I got connected the representative said something to the effect of that because we paid for a balcony but sailed in a junior suite we weren't eligible for the points. I questioned this because I thought the policy had to do with where you physically stayed so I asked her to explain what she meant but she just kept saying the same thing. Eventually I asked for a supervisor and the rep put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then came back and said something about when we took the complimentary upgrade from balcony to junior suite something in the computer didn't get changed and that I was in fact due 14 points which she applied.

What I don't understand is why don't these representatives know basic policy? It's kind of fishy that after my first cruise on RCL I know more about that part of the policy an someone who actually works at the company.

As far as I know a complimentary upgrade from a balcony to a JS doesn't get double points. In fact even an upsell does not get them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In my experience, if you pay for an upgrade, you get double points. We once paid $10 to go from balcony to jr suite guaranty and received double points. But this was me calling them, not the upsell fairy calling me.

As far as I know a complimentary upgrade from a balcony to a JS doesn't get double points. In fact even an upsell does not get them.

Actually, according to the General Terms & Conditions on the C&A Member Benefits page you're correct.

Total nonsense. Of course you will get two points per night in that JS. Dump your cabin mate, and you will get three points per night. :D :D :D

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling happier about this after my initial panic. I have emailed C&A - no response as yet. Ours isn't an upgrade - we have paid the published price for the JS so that isn't an issue for us. Don't think I can really ditch my hubbie for the triple points, he wouldn't be happy!

I received a rare (and the only one to date) free upgrade from balcony to JS on Serenade. I knew I would not receive the double points, since I only paid for the balcony, as is policy. And of course...I did not get them.

You were very lucky.

When and if prices go down enough that I can upgrade myself from balcony to JS for a small cost..I then have actually

paid for that JS. That is when I indeed do get double points...as do others.

When and if prices go down enough that I can upgrade myself from balcony to JS for a small cost..I then have actually

We just changed both B2B Oasis cruises from a balcony to a JS (guarantee). For a moment I was worried that we would not get the double points. Hate to say it - but we did it because we are close to the next C&A level and decided the extra points were worth it for the small increase in the cruise fare.

Like others, in the "good old days" we even got double points (credits then) for complimentary upgrades.

M

We just changed both B2B Oasis cruises from a balcony to a JS (guarantee). For a moment I was worried that we would not get the double points. Hate to say it - but we did it because we are close to the next C&A level and decided the extra points were worth it for the small increase in the cruise fare.

Like others, in the "good old days" we even got double points (credits then) for complimentary upgrades.

M

Nothing wrong with that! Makes perfect sense to me! Enjoy your upgrades...and your double points! :D

BTW: When you get on board Oasis, check with Coastal Kitchen if they have available seats for dinner in there

and make a reservation. It is a perk on that ship when you are in a JS. :)

That is not a complimentary upgrade or upsell. You are buying a published rate so you get double points.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Yes, in that case you should get them. Back in 2013 I was told ANY payment would trigger the additional points, even $1. But now it appears if it is a discount off a published rate, not so. In your case, a price drop is a published rate so you would get the points.