What did RCCL do for your anniversary?

They will send something to your table at dinner, or leave some chocolate covered strawberries in your cabin. Just depends. I would think the more times you have sailed with them, the better your gift would be! Ive never had a request, so not sure.

Nope. 42 cruises and nothing!

You can pick lots of things for special occasions. Royal has a site just for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought the OP meant something complimentary from RCCL - not the items you pay for??

We sailed on Radiance this past June. We were a group of four couples. Three couples were celebrating 30 years and the other couple was celebrating 40 years. Our TA knew this and she must have informed the ship. One night after dinner several members of the dining staff (more than just those assigned to our table) brought us a special dessert and sang Happy Anniversary to us. Totally unexpected but a very nice surprise.

Nope. 42 cruises and nothing!

I thought the OP meant something complimentary from RCCL - not the items you pay for??

A lot of people want complimentary things but I hope they don't hold their breath. They can wait for it and be disappointed when they get nothing. Or they may decorate their cabin and order sweet things. At that point, the crew is likely to sing to them.

On our recent Explorer cruise we took to celebrate our 10th anniversary a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries showed up in our room. There was no note so we just assumed it was from royal. So we downed it and headed to dinner. A minute after we sat down a woman came over to us and had a bottle of champagne that she wanted to give to someone since she didn't drink! We split that bottle with the couple that had been sitting next to us all week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

During booking, it asked if we were celebrating a birthday, honeymoon, or anniversary. I noted we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Why do they ask that? What do they do with that information?

Also, is there anything special I can do or ask for? For the record, I do not feel special or entitled to anything simply because it's our anniversary. It's probably a couple hundred other couples as well! But I'd still like to make the most of it of course!

Our last cruise was to celebrate an anniversary .They gave my wife a $50.00 credit toward a massage. While on the ship my wife sustained an injury and was unable to have a massage they refused to let her use the credit for anything else on the ship.

I should add that her injury was due to faulty equipment on the ship.

It is our last time on that ship.

Our last cruise was to celebrate an anniversary .They gave my wife a $50.00 credit toward a massage. While on the ship my wife sustained an injury and was unable to have a massage they refused to let her use the credit for anything else on the ship.

I should add that her injury was due to faulty equipment on the ship.

It is our last time on that ship.

My husband and I each received one of these as well. It said you couldn't combine with any other offer but they let us use it on a port day special.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I'm never on a cruise ship in June.....so I wouldn't know.

Smart man. I've been able to avoid that until this past June. Daughter is a schoolteacher, so summer is it for her cruising.

We cruised over my husband's birthday in 2015. Bought the birthday cake, which said Happy Anniversary on it. LOL It was too funny to return. No other recognition from the cruise line. We're cruising for our 25th anniversary in September, but our anniversary was last week. RCCL knew why we were cruising when we booked the cruise, but didn't note it in the reservation. They also didn't bother adding our C&A numbers, had to email C&A to get that added on. Didn't bother mentioning the anniversary.

We have cruised three times for our anniversary and have received a bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin twice from RCI, and a special dessert all three times. The first cruise, we received chocolate covered strawberries as well as the wine.

Got to agree with the folks who got nothing. Thirtieth (and 29 & 28) wedding anniversaries. Also for my 50th Birthday got nothing at all and the kids 8,9,10 & 11 birthdays. Some folks are just lucky/fortunate I suppose.

We have cruised three times for our anniversary and have received a bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin twice from RCI, and a special dessert all three times. The first cruise, we received chocolate covered strawberries as well as the wine.

You use a TA? We receive the Chocolate Covered strawberries/cookies and other things like champagne and we have never cruised around a Birthday.

Im curious to see what happens with us...not expecting anything at all though. when i booked online myself i didnt bother checking off for an anniversary but one time i called for a price drop, the guy on the phone asked if we were celebrating anything, so i said 15th anniversary and he said ill mark that down and you can celebrate on the first formal night. sooo.....who knows LOL I wont be mentioning it to my waiter that night but should extra cake or wine appear by itself, that would be awesome!

We were on the Freedom in January for New Year. My wife had a birthday but she does not like to celebrate it. But the Hotel Director knew and our cabin was decorated, we had wine, a bowl of fruit and cards.

Also had a cake with candle brought to the table in the MDR when the waiters sang.

Very enjoyable and we did not have to pay.

They will sing "Happy Anniversary" to you at dinner. They may even throw in a small piece of cake.

Or a small cake.

It's one of the only times we've ever seen a live flame on board- as we've gotten a candle a few times.

All these answers need to be qualified. Do you use a TA as they may be setting up for you special things on a cruise.

+1 for the no TA- just use RCI agents. And still get a cake, or a candle on one of the deserts.

We are celebrating our 60th on the Harmony in Sep. on a B2Bt & we got a call from RCL saying in honor of the occasion they are adding &100 sbc to our account for each cruise. I guess my TA got a hold of RCL.

george35

We were on the Adventure on 7/22 - 7/29. Wife advised that we were celebrating our 25th anniversary on 7/20 (we had to work around kid's activities so we were a few days off of sailing at the exact time). I was celebrating a birthday on 7/24 (Monday) and our oldest son turned 20 on 7/28 (Friday). She had marked this, too on the pre-cruise "stuff".

Our waiter brought this up the first night and a few folks came over on Sunday night with a piece of menu chocolate cake with a couple of candles and they sang Happy Anniversary to us. Same thing happened on the other 2 nights in the MDR. Our son hoped that they had forgotten about him because it was the last night but they didn't. And of course, he hated it. We had never done this before on lots of previous cruises.

I am sure some people around us thought we were being pikers or something. We never do this at restaurants at home when celebrating birthdays.But we thought it would be fun to this because who knows how many more trips the oldest will be on with us. We did not expect anything, it was just harmless furn. For the son, folks at nearby tables joined in and sang which made his embarrassment even better.

We were on NCL Breakaway just after our anniversary last year. I had flowers and chocolate covered strawberries in the room waiting for us when we entered but I paid for that, nothing free. It was a really nice way to start the cruise though. Gonna do the same thing this September on Anthem. Gonna order in September. Cruise is September 28.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

NCL gave us a small cake for our anniversary.