Advice please

My Husband and I are wanting to go on a cruise just the 2 of us. No children or anything. We have a 9 year old and a 2 year old. We do not get a lot of time by ourselves and never have been on any kind of vacation by ourselves. I have been on Carnival 3 (with and without kids) times and Royal 1 time (with kids). He had been on Royal only 1 time and we had the kids. My question is what's the best for us to go on with no kids in your opinion ? We live in Texas but what boat and trip would your recommendation also (I have done Jamaica, caymans, Cozumel and Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel several times) and we plan on doing Bahamas on Carnival from Galveston in summer 2019 with the kids and Go thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty difficult/impossible to answer without knowing what factors are most important. Price? Convenience of departure port? Ship? Ports of call? Specialty restaurants? Entertainment?

Not counting our upcoming Alaska cruise which is most definitely based on location, DW and I have no problem repeatedly going back and forth between eastern and western Caribbean on whatever ship is based out of Port Canaveral b/c it's only an hour drive for us, but everyone has different priorities so it would be helpful to know yours.

Pretty difficult/impossible to answer without knowing what factors are most important. Price? Convenience of departure port? Ship? Ports of call? Specialty restaurants? Entertainment?

Not counting our upcoming Alaska cruise which is most definitely based on location, DW and I have no problem repeatedly going back and forth between eastern and western Caribbean on whatever ship is based out of Port Canaveral b/c it's only an hour drive for us, but everyone has different priorities so it would be helpful to know yours.

I like to comedy club offered on Carnival and I want new places. Speciality dinning don't care about, I loved the carnival Magic, and royal Liberty of the seas.

My Husband and I are wanting to go on a cruise just the 2 of us. No children or anything. We have a 9 year old and a 2 year old. We do not get a lot of time by ourselves and never have been on any kind of vacation by ourselves. I have been on Carnival 3 (with and without kids) times and Royal 1 time (with kids). He had been on Royal only 1 time and we had the kids. My question is what's the best for us to go on with no kids in your opinion ? We live in Texas but what boat and trip would your recommendation also (I have done Jamaica, caymans, Cozumel and Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel several times) and we plan on doing Bahamas on Carnival from Galveston in summer 2019 with the kids and Go thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you enjoy live entertainment, one of the Oasis class Royal Caribbean ships might suit.

If I wasn't taking kids, I would go to Europe because they are young and wouldn't appreciate the culture or history until they were much older.

My parents dragged us around the capitals of Europe while we under 10. It might not have an impact on a two year old, but it would be eye opening for a 9 year old. While the impact may not seem deep at the time, believe me, the experiences stick with you and are appreciated much later in life.

The suggestion to Europe is very logical. But if that's too far etc, I suggest the Southern Caribbean. The southern itinerary is absolutely wonderful.

Which one is that?? What places cause I have done all caribbean out of Galveston. Only trip out of Galveston I haven't done is Bahamas (on 7 days) and I want to go to more than just Mexico. Honestly a little over Mexico

What time of year are you thinking of cruising? Are you only looking for hot, tropical weather or are you open to anything? We really enjoyed our Pacific coastal cruise that started in Vancouver and ended in LA. We have also done NE?Canada a couple of times and are looking at possibly doing that again this fall. Bermuda is another beautiful place to consider. Alaska is another option, we are doing that in May.

Which one is that?? What places cause I have done all caribbean out of Galveston. Only trip out of Galveston I haven't done is Bahamas (on 7 days) and I want to go to more than just Mexico. Honestly a little over Mexico

Check into cruising out of San Juan. I believe there are two ships offering selections.

Aruba, Curacao, St.Kitts, St.Martin, Bonaire. are just a few. Beautiful down there!

What time of year are you thinking of cruising? Are you only looking for hot, tropical weather or are you open to anything? We really enjoyed our Pacific coastal cruise that started in Vancouver and ended in LA. We have also done NE?Canada a couple of times and are looking at possibly doing that again this fall. Bermuda is another beautiful place to consider. Alaska is another option, we are doing that in May.

Yea tropical weather. Do not want to do any cold. Umm time of year not sure on exactly yet. Have to look at that.

A lot more information is needed in order to help pinpoint a good cruise. What activities do you enjoy? What sort of price range are you wanting to stay within? How long? What have you enjoyed on previous vacations without kids? Etc etc.

A good travel agent can have these conversations with you and help guide you in the right direction.

Yea tropical weather. Do not want to do any cold. Umm time of year not sure on exactly yet. Have to look at that.

Pretty difficult to make suggestions with such an open ended question. I would do some research, look into flights and see if it is cheaper to fly to FLL vs MCO vs SJU. I would look to fly non-stop on your preferred airline. Once you see which port area is easier to get to, then look at the ships that sail from that port. We prefer larger ships, but many prefer the smaller ships. Certain times of the year are also considered off season and can be a lot cheaper than high season pricing. Cabin type makes a big difference in cost too.

A lot more information is needed in order to help pinpoint a good cruise. What activities do you enjoy? What sort of price range are you wanting to stay within? How long? What have you enjoyed on previous vacations without kids? Etc etc.

A good travel agent can have these conversations with you and help guide you in the right direction.

Yea I contacted mine from Royal and asked her.

Ok question again. If we fly what should we do about our shampoo and conditioner etc?

Put it in your checked luggage. Or buy it after your plane lands but before you board the ship.

Ok question again. If we fly what should we do about our shampoo and conditioner etc?

They are supplied on the ship. If you can't live without your brand, my wife always brings her liquid/spill-able products in Eagle Creek Pack-It bags: http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packing-sacks/l/213