MDR dishes through room service?

Nora86

Our first cruise was on the Celebrity Solstice to Alaska. We are very excited to be planning our second on the Ruby Princess to Mexico this fall.

On Celebrity we were allowed to order food from the MDR through room service as long as it was on the current days menu. We could also write additional requests on the breakfast cards like eggs and bacon. No extra charges. Is anything like this available on the Ruby? Or just the standard room service food.

It was really nice, I have some health problems so I spend lots of time in the cabin. Thanks for any help.

Our first cruise was on the Celebrity Solstice to Alaska. We are very excited to be planning our second on the Ruby Princess to Mexico this fall.

On Celebrity we were allowed to order food from the MDR through room service as long as it was on the current days menu. We could also write additional requests on the breakfast cards like eggs and bacon. No extra charges. Is anything like this available on the Ruby? Or just the standard room service food.

It was really nice, I have some health problems so I spend lots of time in the cabin. Thanks for any help.

Never had a problem with write ins on the breakfast card.

As a general rule you can't get MDR through room service. We did when I wasn't well, but that was through the good grace of our waiter.

Room service has a set menu.

Breakfast hang tag is set.

No ordering from the MDR menu unless as stated you are in a suite.

As far as breakfast write in on the hang tag for hot food every ship handles this differently, some allow some things, some don't allow any write ins. You won't know until you try. No gty.

Here's my story about MDR and room service, for what it's worth and it has happened more than once....

I have a spinal injury and some days need to just spend the day in bed.

Mrs Gut trots off to the MDR, usually because she has either planned to meet someone, there is something on the menu she really wants, or we are on a smaller ship without any real option.

She gets to MDR, first question from door greeter, or waiter "Where is Mr Gut" she explains, next question 'Here is menu, what you think he like" shortly the meal after arrives at my cabin.

So while the answer is generally no, there are exceptions.

Here's my story about MDR and room service, for what it's worth and it has happened more than once....

I have a spinal injury and some days need to just spend the day in bed.

Mrs Gut trots off to the MDR, usually because she has either planned to meet someone, there is something on the menu she really wants, or we are on a smaller ship without any real option.

She gets to MDR, first question from door greeter, or waiter "Where is Mr Gut" she explains, next question 'Here is menu, what you think he like" shortly the meal after arrives at my cabin.

So while the answer is generally no, there are exceptions.

That's nice to know the MDR has been so accomodating when you haven't been able to get up.

Will Princess allow you to carry a plate of food out of the dining room to your cabin, we are just one deck down from the buffet, not going far and lunch on the balcony would be very nice.

That's nice to know the MDR has been so accomodating when you haven't been able to get up.

Will Princess allow you to carry a plate of food out of the dining room to your cabin, we are just one deck down from the buffet, not going far and lunch on the balcony would be very nice.

Never tried it from MDR, but from buffet yes.

While they won't let you carry a plate of food out of the DR, you can ask you waiter to have it delivered to your room. They'll put one of those plastic plate covers on it, and deliver it to your room. No problems.