Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Have no way of knowing what RCCL has in mind. They did make a point of saying they were trying to curtail the habit of people holding choice cabins when they weren't sure they wanted to take a certain cruise.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Edited by MindyJohn

Have no way of knowing what RCCL has in mind. They did make a point of saying they were trying to curtail the habit of people holding choice cabins when they weren't sure they wanted to take a certain cruise.

I agree with them on that. I'm UK all our bookings are non refundable and to change to another sailing it costs us £75 pp to change. That's 50% of the deposit. I gave booked with a Us Ta before but still like to book direct

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Did I read that Anthem will be doing Alaska in 2019 - when will those dates be open to book? Thanks

No, it's Ovation:

https://www.******************.com/2017/11/07/royal-caribbean-announces-new-ship-deployments-2019-2020-cruise-season

Royal announced that it will be on sale in the week of Dec 11 IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am on Freedom and spoke to Next Cruise this morning. I took a photo of the guidelines they're quoting since they're different than the ones I booked under on Explorer six weeks ago. Unfortunately I haven't been able to shrink the photo file enough to be able to upload it here. The main difference is that ALL deposits are considered non-refundable. They are no longer calling the categories "non-refundable" and "refundable". Instead they are "best value" and "flexible". If you book "flexible" your rate is higher, obc less but changes are allowed up to final payment without a fee. In the event you fully cancel your booking, a $100 pp fee is charged with the remainder of your deposit returned in FCC. When you select "best value" pricing, you are allowed no fee changes for 30 days after which any change costs $100 pp. For a full cancel, the policy is the same as cancels in the "flexible" category.

Let me see if my phone will load the Next Cruise policy sheet. Sorry about the shadow.41007f1d470a67f93a235995a9e3f900.jpg

Thanks for posting. Very interesting. I don't like it but I could understand it for cruises within 6 months or so but it isn't logical to think that there won't be a fair amount of changes need when people are booking cruises 29 months in advance. People might not get vacation when they expected. They might have a job change that would change vacation. Not even to mention that "life happens" and changes must be made.

If this does indeed go into effect then we will no longer book numerous sailings 2+ years in advance allowing them to hold our money. We like to book early for choice of cabins....but we aren't that picky on cabins.

So with best rate and the 'price guarantee'...does that mean it costs you $100 if the price drops and you want to rebook at lower price? Or that's just if you change a stateroom, date, etc?

Elimination of price drops is a bit further down the road.

If you pick flexible and change the ship and or date do you keep the future OBC? I read a couple of posts that said you will lose it.

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

I just spoke to an agent at Next Cruise and they assure you're able to retain OBC throughout all changes although it will vary depending on cabin type and length of cruise.

Here’s a pic.

28700e4f12962a2a210e407492de55a5.jpg

I listened to a Freedom NC rep for about 2 minutes while we were on the TA. I wanted to find out the OBC amounts for booking onboard to see if they had changed. I inquired about the Non-Refundable Deposit Rate vs Refundable Deposit Rate. That’s when he started referring to new the terminology. I had never heard of the the terms “Best Value” or “Flexible” until then until the rep mentioned them.

Since we didn’t need to book anything we didn’t stick around to learn about the deposit terms. Thanks for providing more details.

The agent I spoke to reviewed the policies you posted above. The part I hadn't realized before is they're also adding bonus OBC for "Best Value" bookings made at least 6 months ahead of time. For a 10+ night itinerary in a balcony the OBC on Best Value is $200 with a bonus of $100 when booked at least 6 months ahead. It's feeling like a lot of work to keep up with them:eek:

The agent I spoke to reviewed the policies you posted above. The part I hadn't realized before is they're also adding bonus OBC for "Best Value" bookings made at least 6 months ahead of time. For a 10+ night itinerary in a balcony the OBC on Best Value is $200 with a bonus of $100 when booked at least 6 months ahead. It's feeling like a lot of work to keep up with them:eek:

Do you get OBC when you book from home or is that just for when you book on board?

I did a dummy booking for Harmony PC...and showed a 100.00 OBC when booked direct online with RCI.

But wowsy!! Have those prices gone up from the same time of the year (December) when I booked same cabin on Oasis previous year. :eek: A grand more! :o