Rci app

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm thinking they need to install something physical (server?) for the new capabilities.

This makes sense to lessen the satellite traffic back to their land based data center.  It will make it faster to access cached data on the local network. Also, the app still works without a data plan so this makes sense to me.

The data on the server itself can be updated and purged as needed.  1 connection vs thousands. 

2 minutes ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

I'm beginning to think Grandeur is going to be the last ship to be added to the app  ; ))   I'm stalking and checking for updates daily - we sail on 10/3.

Please let us know why you think Grandeur may be the next ship added.  It would be amazing if someone had their release schedule. 

1 minute ago, soremekun said:

Please let us know why you think Grandeur may be the next ship added.  It would be amazing if someone had their release schedule. 

The poster said they thought Grandeur was going to be the last ship added.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The poster said they thought Grandeur was going to be the last ship added.

Ahhh.  Gotcha.  I misread it.  Thanks for the correction.  

My personal opinion is that they should start with the larger ships because it affects a larger population of cruisers but bringing on a mixture of large, medium, and small ships shows they don't give better support to ships because of the passenger capacity.

2 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Ahhh.  Gotcha.  I misread it.  Thanks for the correction.  

My personal opinion is that they should start with the larger ships because it affects a larger population of cruisers but bringing on a mixture of large, medium, and small ships shows they don't give better support to ships because of the passenger capacity.

I agree, that would be nice, but without knowing what all is involved in the deployment, it's hard to say if that would have been a viable plan.

31 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I have no idea when Grandeur is going to be added - we had the app on the Summit when we sailed in June and it's more blind hope that Grandeur might be added before we sail - I highly doubt it though...

19 minutes ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

I have no idea when Grandeur is going to be added - we had the app on the Summit when we sailed in June and it's more blind hope that Grandeur might be added before we sail - I highly doubt it though...

Sorry, I misread your post.  Hopefully it's added before you set sail.

56 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I have asked our fellow CC posters in the August 23 Ovation roll call thread to ask a rep at Guest Services about the future availability of the Royal Caribbean app.

The VOOM guy may know - GS is likely to be clueless.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, Bee Guy said:

There does seem to be some limit.  I just tried to access a cruise on Adventure in Feb  and was told to check back closer to departure.

I've discovered, after playing with the app for the past 6 months, it only shows you up to 3 months of sailings

There are too many pages to scroll through, so, sorry if this has been asked.  How close to a cruise sail date can we have access to the booking on the app?  My sailing is January 13, 2020 and the app tells me I can't look into the reservation until closer to departure.

1 minute ago, MaskedTurtle said:

There are too many pages to scroll through, so, sorry if this has been asked.  How close to a cruise sail date can we have access to the booking on the app?  My sailing is January 13, 2020 and the app tells me I can't look into the reservation until closer to departure.

Various things turn up at different times, but I thought I read that you can check-in at 90 days prior, so it must be somewhat functional then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Is there a schedule out there for when the ships which don't have the app might get it?   Seems like it's been a while and several ships are still "app-less"

No schedule has been publicly released by the cruise line.