Laundry

ronrick1943

We don't find one bag sufficient for a 7 or 10 night cruise. Also the daily laundry service offered for like $10 per night on some lines allows guests to pack lighter. Yes, that's what I want.

We are not booked on any cruises in the future, except for a five night music cruise on Celebrity thin January. I think we are rather "cruised out".

To answer the question of what cruise likes can better serve my needs (not just laundry, but that too) The Paul Gauguin offers a laundry package that allows for daily laundry at less than the per piece price. They provide included air from LA to Tahiti, that can be upgraded to business/first at a cost that makes some sense. We have to arrange our own air to LA in business first but we can use cash, points, or a combination thereof. Doing the math, this is a better program for me if I want a tropical cruise. MSC Yacht club offers the same kind of laundry package and other services and inclusions similar to regent. Shore excursions WiFi and air are not included, but their fare is so much lower that, according to my math, result is more palatable for me. For Europe, Scenic River Cruises includes everything except the air, and includes daily laundry if you book a suite (which we do on this line. If you book a lesser room, the per piece price is much less than on Regent. And the big plus is the very high quality of the included shore excursions Unlike some river cruise lines, ALL excursions are included -- none are at extra cost. And these excursions are not just bus rides. I have not researched all possible cruise lines, but I know about these.

Had time to rethink this issue and am modifying my opinion. After looking at the prices to have clothing washed and ironed ($7.95 for a blouse, $5.95 for a dress shirt, etc.) I am not opposed to discounts or specials. Perhaps Silver Seven Seas Society Members could get a 20% discount, I don't think that newbies should get a discount but there could be a one time per cruise special for one small bag of laundry for maybe $30 or so. I am strongly opposed to upper level suites getting discounts - simply based on their suite level. There are too many passengers with multiple cruises that stay in lower category suites and it simply isn't fair for a newbie to get a discount simply because they cruise Regent one time. Loyalty, IMO, is and should remain a very important factor.

As long this specific benefit is based on loyalty nights, I'm more open to it than when this thread started.

Holy Moley Andy! Four pages of LAUNDRY of all things! This thread and the Silver Sea "what kind of shoes should I bring" thread that goes on for miles, should be put to bed.....there, my 2 cents! (giggle!)

I agree with you it should be put to bed, I guess this shows how much interest and how important laundry is to the cruiser. That said should be good postings for Regent to read. Now Regent knows how great a perk laundry is to people that cruise on Regent. Just saying...............Rick