checking for price reductions while on a cruise

matamanoa

My DH and I will be sailing in Feb. of 2018 and will be away for a couple of weeks. We also have another cruise booked for Aug. of 2018 and whenever we make a booking, I like to check at least every two days, if not every day, to see if I see a sale for the future cruise or any other kind of price reduction that we might be able to take advantage of. Do any of you check on one cruise while away on another and if so and you find any price reduction, who do you see to take advantage of that sale - the future cruise department? We always book directly with Princess and have never used a travel agent. Thanks for any input.

Barb

I don't have the time to check this often or the interest. I check every once in a while- but that might be once a month at best a year in advance- but I do watch the emails for sales, etc and look then if applicable

However, the Cruise consultant onboard can assist you revising your reservation while onboard and you can always rebook online while onboard. You may not want to Get a new booking # as this would possibly change cabin, dinner table, etc- maybe you could get a personal cruise consultant with princess and you could email correspond with them of your desired pride reduction. you may still need a direct phone call with them but maybe you can make the change via email correspondence.

By checking constantly we were able to get the price of our Feb. cruise down to half of what we had booked it at and this was due to a non advertised sale that I just happened to find when checking the Princess website. That is why I like to keep a close eye on our cruise's site. The difference in time between our two upcoming cruises will be six months and that is usually a good time to see prices go down, hence my question.

Barb

My DH and I will be sailing in Feb. of 2018 and will be away for a couple of weeks. We also have another cruise booked for Aug. of 2018 and whenever we make a booking, I like to check at least every two days, if not every day, to see if I see a sale for the future cruise or any other kind of price reduction that we might be able to take advantage of. Do any of you check on one cruise while away on another and if so and you find any price reduction, who do you see to take advantage of that sale - the future cruise department? We always book directly with Princess and have never used a travel agent. Thanks for any input.

Barb

You can always go to the Internet Café and check cruise prices. The Princess Cruise website is always accessible and doesn't require Internet minutes.

just a suggestion, see the ta on board when you arrive, early in the cruise they are not that busy... if you book directly with Princess I would guess the on board Ta could rebook you easily if you found a good deal. When you are on board, Princess usually has a site that is free with Princess info... I would look there to see if you can find a price drop.

We have used the on board ta to rebook a exsiting cruise when we decided to change cabin categories... more than happy to do so.

There is a web site cruise fish... that has prices and cabin categories for a number of lines I often use to check for price drops... it is free, if I see a drop on it then I check Princess is an easy way to check Princess, HAL, Cunard, etc.

Question: Does Princess allow free access to their site via the Internet Cafe? I think I read that somewhere on CC but am not certain. If so, that would be a "free" way to keep tabs on pricing.

By checking constantly we were able to get the price of our Feb. cruise down to half of what we had booked it at and this was due to a non advertised sale that I just happened to find when checking the Princess website. That is why I like to keep a close eye on our cruise's site. The difference in time between our two upcoming cruises will be six months and that is usually a good time to see prices go down, hence my question.

Barb

totally understood and intent was not to disagree with what you were doing was pointless. just admitting I don't but trying to offer ideas of what could work. we usually do last minute bookings on great deals- so trust me I am always looking for a better price :-)- I just can't check that often

Cruise Consultant onboard can help but a Personal Cruise Consultant might work too. and princess internet is free for checking princess website but not for emailing PCC I don't think.

we have personal cruise consultant that we can email with and ask for quotes etc.- not sure if you have one but might be assistance

I'm pretty sure that I was able to access Princess.com from my own tablet when onboard without having to log on first and use up my internet minutes, so no need to even bother going to the Internet Cafe.

Barb

The future cruises person will help you. The hard part is getting in to see him/her.

Use the computers in the internet center or your own. Princess.com is free.

On one particularly happy cruise we had booked a future cruise with our favourite (she's from Australia) future cruise manager. A day later the price had dropped and she rebooked at the new price. :D Yeah, Terri !!!

When taking a price reduction remember to take into account any SALE conditions. If you change after the closing date for the sale you will possibly lose the beverage package or whatever else you had coming.

Steve

just a suggestion, see the ta on board when you arrive, early in the cruise they are not that busy... if you book directly with Princess I would guess the on board Ta could rebook you easily if you found a good deal. When you are on board, Princess usually has a site that is free with Princess info... I would look there to see if you can find a price drop.

We have used the on board ta to rebook a exsiting cruise when we decided to change cabin categories... more than happy to do so.

There is a web site cruise fish... that has prices and cabin categories for a number of lines I often use to check for price drops... it is free, if I see a drop on it then I check Princess is an easy way to check Princess, HAL, Cunard, etc.

Good point. We have used our Princess Vacation Planner for the last 10 voyages and we do check while onboard to see if there are any changes in pricing or offers. It's very easy to go down to the Future Cruises office and make the rebooking that way. Checking the Princess website every day while onboard is free and easy.

Also you can use a service like *************** to sign up for price alerts for your cruise (via email). There is a small charge but it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have used the fish one. However, I'm like the OP I check that site and the cruise line site at least once a day. Once I spotted a $200 discount for a Celebrity cruise. I didn't receive notification until a week later from the site I subscribed to. I just subscribed to the Cruise Critic price drop tool. I'm curious to see if it works. My sailing is over a year out but it's a reposition cruise that has a history deep discounts closer to sailing.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/

The Geeks in this crowd surely know more than me on this, but do,sites recognize the cookies on you computer and know you are not a new user and not give you the best deals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That has been my experience with car rental and travel site search engines and Amazon. On a positive note I will usually get a better price on my search if I let it marinade a few day before I book. Usually I will get an email advertisement with a link to a better deal. Sometimes it comes through an email and sometimes it pops up when I'm on Facebook.