Solo traveler question

JP-Cruise

Hello, I will be travelling solo next summer on the Golden Princess.

I don't want to eat dinners alone and I chose the "anytime dining option"

Do any of you know if I can request to sit with a singles table? Or do I have to choose the "set time" dining option?

Thanks

Do any of you know if I can request to sit with a singles table? Or do I have to choose the "set time" dining option?

Thanks

You do not have to choose a set time in traditional.

No such thing as a singles table, unless you know who is at the table.

In anytime dining just see the head waiter at the door and ask to sit at a table with others.

No set time for Anytime Dining and just tell the Head Waiter share a table and you will not be dining alone. You will also get to meet many interesting people.

Thanks. Just cuz I went on a solo cruise last month with Norwegian. Best vacation of my entire life. The only only thing I found was the one time I ate dinner alone. It sucked for me lol.

When I travel solo my TA requests that I sit with other singles. I use set time dinning. Sometimes it works out really well other times no so well. Any time timing gives you a chance of meeting different groups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With ATD, you will be asked if you want to be seated with others. It's an option to meet others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely. I just don't want the set time dining option because I want to spend as much time as I can in the ports

Also, be sure and join your roll call on these forums. Perhaps you will connect with some solo travelers on your cruise and you can plan dinners together.

Yes. But there's no roll call yet. My cruise is not until August 4, 2018

Thanks

No such thing as a singles table.

Yes. But there's no roll call yet. My cruise is not until August 4, 2018

I'm in a roll call for a February 2, 2019 cruise. The roll call for our upcoming October 8 cruise was started May 12, 2016. The roll call for our March 18, 2018 cruise was started May 19, 2016. It is definitely not too soon to start one for your cruise. ;)

Thanks

I was solo on the Grand Princess (15 nights) in April to Hawaii and had anytime dining. When I went to the dining room, I was always asked by the hostess if I would like to share a table and was seated at a table for 8 with others. I preferred this to traditional dining as I wanted the flexibility to dine at different times based upon the days activities. I enjoyed dining with and chatting with different people each evening. There are no 'singles' tables, although there were two solo travelers luncheons offered on my cruise (I went to one). I was very comfortable on Princess as a solo and have booked another cruise for 2018.

I was solo on the Grand Princess (15 nights) in April to Hawaii and had anytime dining. When I went to the dining room, I was always asked by the hostess if I would like to share a table and was seated at a table for 8 with others. I preferred this to traditional dining as I wanted the flexibility to dine at different times based upon the days activities. I enjoyed dining with and chatting with different people each evening. There are no 'singles' tables, although there were two solo travelers luncheons offered on my cruise (I went to one). I was very comfortable on Princess as a solo and have booked another cruise for 2018.

That's excellent to hear. Ya that's why I chose anytime dining. Ya I didn't mean to say "singles table" lol. Okay that's exactly what I'll do. Ask to sit with a big table with other people. I just came back from my first solo cruise with Norwegian to Alaska. It was Best vacation of my life. The only

Thing was I I did ask if I can sit with others. But they always put me at a small table by myself :S

When we sailed with NCL my husband and I wanted to dine with others also and were only ever given the option of sitting at a two top. One evening we were seated close enough to another table (who also were conversational) and it was almost like sharing a table. Perhaps as part of their My Time Dining they no longer seat mixed parties.

When we sailed with NCL my husband and I wanted to dine with others also and were only ever given the option of sitting at a two top. One evening we were seated close enough to another table (who also were conversational) and it was almost like sharing a table. Perhaps as part of their My Time Dining they no longer seat mixed parties.

Ya, makes sense

I'm in a roll call for a February 2, 2019 cruise. The roll call for our upcoming October 8 cruise was started May 12, 2016. The roll call for our March 18, 2018 cruise was started May 19, 2016. It is definitely not too soon to start one for your cruise. ;)

Thanks Thrak! Just started a roll call ;) we shall see what happens

Last time I was on Princess, I had anytime dining. I was put at a large table with couples and singles. Almost every night after I ate with some of that group. The maitre'd really did a good job for me.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Forums mobile app

Excellent. Great to hear. I'm extremely excited for this cruise!