re meat pies

Pretty sure it’s still called a Tooheys Old Les.

Mate, you would know better than me, not had a beer since 2010. 'The Black' has had a few name changes in the last 50 years.:*

The Coal Miners up in the Hunter loved it, probably still do.

Mate, you would know better than me, not had a beer since 2010. 'The Black' has had a few name changes in the last 50 years.:*

The Coal Miners up in the Hunter loved it, probably still do.

Been longer for me.

But order plent of “Middy of Old thanks” dad’s drink of choice.

Really doesn’t sell, and can be hard to buy, anywhere else on tap.

I know back when I’d help dad on the truck there be like 50 kegs of old and maybe 5 or 10 of New.

Back in the day, tooth’s had an Old too, poor old Tooths barely exist anymore.

Hopefully, 1/59 at lunch.

Now its raining at the Gabba, so some hot Goldsteins or Yatala pies for lunch for the boys, washed down with a can of XXXX Gold, a good healthy Brisvegas lunch. Perhaps some Mango for dessert.:halo:

No but you might put it in the ice

Talking of old ice in Eskies - this is where my son recently found his smart phone which had gone missing for a couple of hours!

He’s put it into a bowl full of rice hoping it will recuperate but I don’t hold much chance for it’s survival - just 2 months old - of course! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Talking of old ice in Eskies - this is where my son recently found his smart phone which had gone missing for a couple of hours!

He’s put it into a bowl full of rice hoping it will recuperate but I don’t hold much chance for it’s survival - just 2 months old - of course! [emoji33]

Must be near on 15 years ago.

Vodafone gave me three new phones in the space of six months (no idea why) and I passed the old ones down to the kids.

Left home and said the som, just finished his HSC, “ When I get home I’d like the lawn to be mown”. He did it. But a hot day, so asked Mrs Gut could he jump in the pool clothes and all.

“oh hell..... my phone”

His did come good, after a trip to the rice bin, but didn’t last long.

Must be near on 15 years ago.

Vodafone gave me three new phones in the space of six months (no idea why) and I passed the old ones down to the kids.

Left home and said the som, just finished his HSC, “ When I get home I’d like the lawn to be mown”. He did it. But a hot day, so asked Mrs Gut could he jump in the pool clothes and all.

“oh hell..... my phone”

His did come good, after a trip to the rice bin, but didn’t last long.

Oh dear! Suspect similar result for my son! [emoji30]

Any good meat pies in Coffs Harbour Gae? :halo:

Coming up ye olde Pacific Hwy in a few weeks, Batemans Bay to Currumbin.

Used to be the BEST in NSW at Frederickton just north of Kempsey but the new Highway by-passes it now! New owners have messed up the pastry!

Then there is the place up near Brunswick Heads (can't remember the name of the place ATM) but it too has been by-passed.

If you stick to the Pacific Highway going through Coffs then all the Pubs do great Pub Grub though we locals go down to the Jetty or Park Beach areas for best meals.

Let me know if you'd like to have a stop-over here - even just for a meal if not for a night - happy to meet up & show you around!

Regards - Gae

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Used to be the BEST in NSW at Frederickton just north of Kempsey but the new Highway by-passes it now! New owners have messed up the pastry!

Then there is the place up near Brunswick Heads (can't remember the name of the place ATM) but it too has been by-passed.

If you stick to the Pacific Highway going through Coffs then all the Pubs do great Pub Grub though we locals go down to the Jetty or Park Beach areas for best meals.

Let me know if you'd like to have a stop-over here - even just for a meal if not for a night - happy to meet up & show you around!

Regards - Gae

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah Freddo’s WAS great.

What, the smart phone didn't tell the not so smart son that eskys are damp.

The key is to make sure the phone is off. If the battery can be removed, do so and open up any hatches, ports etc.

Put the phone and any bits and pieces in a zip lock bag, top up with rice and seal the bag. The key is to leave it for at least 48 hrs no matter how tempting it is to pull it out and don't even try switching it on.

If you are lucky, it will work after this. Even if it does, I would look for the first opportunity to replace it. Good luck

What, the smart phone didn't tell the not so smart son that eskys are damp.

The key is to make sure the phone is off. If the battery can be removed, do so and open up any hatches, ports etc.

Put the phone and any bits and pieces in a zip lock bag, top up with rice and seal the bag. The key is to leave it for at least 48 hrs no matter how tempting it is to pull it out and don't even try switching it on.

If you are lucky, it will work after this. Even if it does, I would look for the first opportunity to replace it. Good luck

So the rice absorbs the moisture ? Eureka !!:')

Hold on,this is a Pie and associated Bakery products Thread how did Dodgy Mobile Phone Repairs and Fruit Salad and Ice cream get into the act? Let's get back on track, does anybody know if Tooth"s Old is still brewed,a great Schooner to have with a Sargents Pie.

Hold on,this is a Pie and associated Bakery products Thread how did Dodgy Mobile Phone Repairs and Fruit Salad and Ice cream get into the act? Let's get back on track, does anybody know if Tooth"s Old is still brewed,a great Schooner to have with a Sargents Pie.

Carlton took over Tooth and Co and make an Old Brown, not as dark or sweet as Old Black.

Not very common though, I think they mainly sell it in bottles.

Carlton took over Tooth and Co and make an Old Brown, not as dark or sweet as Old Black.

Not very common though, I think they mainly sell it in bottles.

Used to be Tooths Kent Old, yes dark brown, not black. Was not to my taste.:loudcry: Nor was KB - Cold Gold. Too sweet. aka KB-Kiddies Beer. Don't know why.